Vipeax

Server-side Hotfix 0.7.2, Helicopter status and server info

They are making a stand alone. Most of his customers, future or otherwise, are watching how much the developers give a shit about their community, that they can't spend 30 seconds on a post. If this mod was staying free, then yes, he could treat us like shit but hes gonna be charging for it soon, and we'll see how that pays off.

Personally i think he needs to start learning customer relations now, or he is going to piss off paying customers sooner or later

lol, show me a mod/game of this size where the developer himself is as much involved with the whole community as rocket is here. Then we'll talk again about service standards. And still, you're no customer, now please stop calling yourself one. They are considering making a standalone, there is no actual solid plan or final word on it. And even then, you only become a customer once you buy the game, which you certainly don't have to. That's the beauty of a free, competitive market. You got the choice

Finally, you are obviously dropping tears because you "wanna heli" like everyone else. Fact is, it would be much fairer if they did NOT mention the exact time of when the helis are added in due to the fact that hosters, admins, and their friends will take advantage of this and position themselves and then restart and yank it, giving all the regular players little to no chance to naturally find it. For the love of god, stop crying about small shit, you're just feeding your tears to rocket, and you know he loves tears.

Edited by (NGG) Toby
  • Like 5

lol, show me a mod/game of this size where the developer himself is as much involved with the whole community as rocket is here. Then we'll talk again about service standards. And still, you're no customer, now please stop calling yourself one. They are considering making a standalone, there is no actual solid plan or final word on it. And even then, you only become a customer once you buy the game, which you certainly don't have to. That's the beauty of a free, competitive market. You got the choice

Finally, you are obviously dropping tears because you "wanna heli" like everyone else. Fact is, it would be much fairer if they did NOT mention the exact time of when the helis are added in due to the fact that hosters, admins, and their friends will take advantage of this and position themselves and then restart, giving all the regular players little to no chance to naturally find it. For the love of god, stop crying about small shit, you're just feeding your tears to rocket, and you know he loves tears.

Tbh, I actually took a look at this forum when a friend told me about DayZ, seeing that the Dev-Team is actually actively communicating with the community made me buy Arma 2 OA just to play DayZ.

Also I tried going on a diet, but all those tears I can feed on on this forum are totally destroying any diet plans.

• Like 2

I've rolled out choppers on all instances now.

They should start appearing after server restarts.

Servers that havent been upgraded yet will have issues using vehicles (such as location and inventory not saving at all).

Old hive will be deactivated shortly and those servers will cease functioning until they've upgraded.

• Like 16

Tbh, I actually took a look at this forum when a friend told me about DayZ, seeing that the Dev-Team is actually actively communicating with the community made me buy Arma 2 OA just to play DayZ.

sup m8 ;)

• Like 4

Servers that havent been upgraded yet will have issues using vehicles (such as location and inventory not saving at all).

Old hive will be deactivated shortly and those servers will cease functioning until they've upgraded.

<3 :)

Also I tried going on a diet, but all those tears I can feed on on this forum are totally destroying any diet plans.

Here, try a bean diet

Is it true? will Helicopters appear after restart? If it so, thanks. You the best

Prepare for many locked clan servers for "testing" :)

• Like 1

I cant update to latest hive , it wont install just errors over some file in squads folder. Guess no heli's for me :(

Thanks for the short notice dev's.

Next time your deciding to make a massive rollout give more time notice. So will i get heli spawn if i get the server updated. How does the rollout work.

Our clan has checked every spawn, nothing. We restarted about 8 minutes after we saw Anders post and definitely have the latest patch.

Maybe your map is wrong...

Our clan has checked every spawn, nothing. We restarted about 8 minutes after we saw Anders post and definitely have the latest patch.

We've done the same with no luck, but there is a good chance they may take some time to spawn in. We're just going to hold tight until further notice

It's hilarious how many server hoppers I can see on the console however. :)

Edited by chriseeeee

We've done the same with no luck, but there is a good chance they may take some time to spawn in. We're just going to hold tight until further notice

Maybe it just wasn't that easy this time? They are 100% loaded in if your server restarted (with 0.7.2).

• Like 2

I found a fully repaired and fulled helicopter on the beach not long after I spawned. Wierd place to find a chopper.

I was not the only person to notice this however as someone else was running to grab the chopper, but I was able to kill them with my hatchet.