Vipeax

Server-side Hotfix 0.7.2, Helicopter status and server info

Sorry if this has been asked but will a restart be required for choppers to spawn?

So, if my quick counting of fingers is correct, database is getting seeded in about an hour?

So, if my quick counting of fingers is correct, database is getting seeded in about an hour?

That's what the math is telling me. I just need to know if a server restart is needed to spawn a chopper. We have been running around the map for half an hour now and haven't even found a crashed chopper. Im starting to think that the crash sites will be the spawns for playable choppers.

When they enabled vehicles again a while back server didnt need to be restarted I believe, dont see why it will need to be for choppers.

fixable choppers aren´t the main issue with this patch.... tents and vehicles don´t sync correctly! thats awful!

also the graphic glitches (only seen on green mountain) are horrible

Edited by timohepolis

That's what the math is telling me. I just need to know if a server restart is needed to spawn a chopper. We have been running around the map for half an hour now and haven't even found a crashed chopper. Im starting to think that the crash sites will be the spawns for playable choppers.

Yeah...that was never the case. There are 6 predetermined locations for repairable/working helicopters in Chernarus.

crash sites != helicopter spawns...

If this will arise, you´ll see much more than 5-10 choppers flying around on the server und you won´t have any possibility to stop that! Max 2 spawnpoints for fixable choppers at airfields...that enough!

Yeah...that was never the case. There are 6 predetermined locations for repairable/working helicopters in Chernarus.

Just a thought. We have covered 80% of the map and not one crash site was found yet. It's almost 4am, Im not thinking at 100% at the moment.

fixable choppers aren´t the main issue with this patch.... tents and vehicles don´t sync correctly! thats awful!

also the graphic glitches (only seen on green mountain) are horrible

I have horrible graphic glitches at NWAF and Stary Sobor (cant enter the town at all its so bad). Restart my client and they are still in the same place.

I have two GTX 680 in SLI and I get the graphic glitch. I am running 1.7.2.4, OA Beta 95417, and Nvidia Beta driver - 304.79(Most recent as of 5 mins of this post). I run my client with everything set to Very High, except anti aliasing and post processing which are both disabled(they make vegitation look like shit at range). I have played around with different settings and I still get the graphic glitch. It mostly happens around military locations such as, NW Airfield, Balota military camp, the road blocks at Green Mountain, and the military tents at Stary Sobor. I can't think of anywhere else it happens right now.

Edited by - RnK - Arcani Victus

I have horrible graphic glitches at NWAF and Stary Sobor (cant enter the town at all its so bad). Restart my client and they are still in the same place.

Yes. I just figured out that all of you are talking about garphical glitches at NWA and stary....green mountain is affected as well.

I have two GTX 680 in SLI and I get the graphic glitch. I am running 1.7.2.4, OA Beta 95417, and Nvidia Beta driver - 304.79(Most recent as of 5 mins of this post). I run my client with everything set to Very High, except anti aliasing and post processing which are both disabled(they make vegitation look like shit at range). I have played around with different settings and I still get the graphic glitch. It mostly happens around military locations such as, NW Airfield, Balota military camp, the road blocks at Green Mountain, and the military tents at Stary Sobor. I can't think of anywhere else it happens right now.

Turn on Anti Aliasing and it's fixed.

GTX580 SLI, v1.7.2.4, OA BETA 95417 and Nvidia Beta Driver 304.79

Anti-Aliasing: Disabled = Graphical Glitches in Towns

Anti-Aliasing: Low/Normal/High/Very High = No Graphical Glitches

I have tried it, but it still happens. As I said, I tried several different setting changes.

...and it is 3AM CST...soooo...

Get to da choppa! :o

I get them on all settings. But high has far less and they are not in my face killing my FPS. They are also coming form humvees.

Nope. Helicopters are not online yet. Also the servers have to restart for the changes to take effect.

At this second I can find hundreds of servers online with 1.7.2.3 (Old)

If I got this right, they won't work when the fix goes live. That means either we won't find any old servers, or find them without players.. then they have updated the Database/Hive.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by zhrooms

Just wait for an official response instead if everyone saying "wheres my chopper blah blah"