rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.4 Rolling Update

I have to post again to tell you Developers how retarded it is to disable the respawn button.

Just annyoing and time intensive for players!!!

Fucking sons of whores!

I want to play a game to have fun and not to spend around 30 minutes with trying to respawn and then be in kamenka again for the 3rd time but my friends are in solnichny! WTF??

Do you use your brains ?

Do tell me, what are you trying to achieve with a post like that?

Edited by Applejuice

I have to post again to tell you Developers how retarded it is to disable the respawn button.

Fucking sons of whores!

I want to play a game to have fun and not to spend around 30 minutes with trying to respawn and then be in kamenka again for the 3rd time but my friends are in solnichny! WTF??

Do you use your brains ?

Go back to call of doody, world of whiners or battlefail 3 and take your casual baddies with you

Edited by Chaossound

Shutup, snipers are meant to be powerful. Get over it.

Snipers for the win!

Fucking sons of whores!

Do you use your brains ?

Quit whining, there is only a low chance to die if youre grouped and play as a team so you just have to meet once

• Like 1

Fucking sons of whores!

Do you use your brains ?

suck it the fuck up ad stop complaining, or GTFO

Please hotfix artifacts soon! It's completely unplayable for many many players!

Fucking sons of whores!

Do you use your brains ?

the fact that dying separates you from your group is part of the game. it's yet another reason to try to stay alive

I'm glad I played this game solo for weeks before grouping with people. some of you become so dependent on your group that you can't imagine playing any other way

• Like 5

If you're looking for a co-op Zombie shooter, then surely there are other alternatives out there that actually do promise you that type of gameplay.

You don't hear me shitting on Nintendo because Super Mario Bros isn't a WW2 shooter, do you? Or raging because Mortal Kombat doesn't allow me to buy a house and decorate it myself while looking for a good job to support my pregnant wife that can't seem to figure out where the bathroom door is?

Wherever the idea came from to disable the RESPAWN button, well, I can honestly say it is by far the worst "update" to ever happen to this mod. The game has now become even more of a running simulator, and anyone who spawns in Kamenka knows what I am talking about. In my opinion, it greatly ruined much of the enjoyment I had playing this mod. Go ahead and give me that "Well now you have to care if you die!" bullshit, or, "It's more realistic, go back and play Call of Duty if you want it easy." garbage. I have been playing this mod almost since public release, have NEVER played Call of Duty, and can honestly say I have had a great time with it up until this patch... Removing the option to respawn was completely ridiculous and I bet has a lot of impatient people (if they haven't already) quit the game and wait for The War Z. When removing the respawn button, you should have at least gave us an option to choose where we spawn... "It's not realistic..." isn't an excuse... Zombies are also super-human now and can view people from across the city, guns aren't as powerful... Personally, I think with every patch released, the game becomes more and more broken and bullshit. I am almost on my last leg for patience with this mod...

Kamenka is a good spawn, several towns with grocery stores to the north. Get a loot map idiot.

• Like 5

As a games programmer myself, I believe that Rocket's method is good. He's using the alpha to it's full potential by testing features and ideas in real time, which incidentely will evolve the perfect game by the time it goes gold. Rocket cannot please all players, because each player has different ideologies of what makes the perfect simulation. Rocket can only see the evolution of this game as a democracy, and add or remove features in a manner which abides by the interest of the majority.

• Like 3

So far I haven't had any problems once I got into a game. Had to try several servers though as I was just stuck on loading for quite a few.

The increased zombie hearing did result in this though:

dayz-massacre.jpg

Good job we had plenty of ammo :)

Edited by NickMackz

Lots of artifacts through out Chernarus. Stary Sabor and Cherno were the worst I couldn't see anything :/ Alb5E.jpg

Kamenka is a good spawn, several towns with grocery stores to the north. Get a loot map idiot.

it's my favorite spawn

this guy just want's to meet back up with his buddies. another thing I noticed when people complain about this stuff is that apparently no one has buddies that are willing to meet them halfway

• Like 1

Tents and vehicles eating items, massive graphic glitches and duping without even trying too..

you said you WERE NOT going to patch on Friday!

• Like 1

The whole weapons damage adjustment (I know it was BHI not DayZ) totally blows. Half the weapons are useless now for anything other than a dinner bell for Zeds and Bandits.

I've mentioned this before but, I'll mention it again; STOP WITH THE DATA COLLECTING. How about just going back to good old "gut instinct" and doing what works? Yes yes we know, your collecting data to make the magical "stand alone" game a mind blowing experience right? While your collecting data and running your experiment other developers (real ones not layman mod "developers") have a team of professionals banging out a game that will rival DayZ.

Yes, I love the mod. Well love/hate would be a better description. DayZ has provided a game experience I haven't had since I was a kid, nearly 35 years ago.

Rocket: Get off the fame wagon ,off the interviews and drop the "Modder" mentality. Your sitting on a goldmine that will allow your to go back to the "modder" mentality with high style, providing you don't drop the ball on this one. Remember, you don't owe anyone anything. Buckle down, cut the deal get wealthy, then play all you want and amaze us all with your experiments.

Rocket, you have the fan base, make a move quick. You need money to license the engine? It's waiting for you all you have to do is cut the deal, put a price on this mod and away you go. I dropped $30 on a game (Arama2) I'll never play to play DayZ. I'd drop another $30 on DayZ in a heartbeat if it meant this thing would kick into high gear with a full team of game developers that have experience and drive (money will do that to people).

Before the RDF flame me know this; If I didn't love the mod and see what it could and should become before corporate douchebags figure out to turn it into a something that fits there "business model" to milk every frustrating DLC dollar they can I wouldn't waste my time writing this.

If it was me, and I surely wish it was, I would kickstart the shit out of DayZ, even to the tune of 10 (ten) million. You'd hit that within days, if not sooner,

Kickstart this thing, I have $30 ready to roll to make DayZ happen,before it turns into a quagmire of various experiments and data collecting crap it's becoming.

• Like 2

Tents and vehicles eating items, massive graphic glitches and duping without even trying too..

you said you WERE NOT going to patch on Friday!

well, it was really a nice idea, in the weekend he can not give a shit, and monday read through the new bugs whille drinking tea or coffee, and later patch all with the help of the other bohemian interactive guys

STOP WITH THE DATA COLLECTING. How about just going back to good old "gut instinct" and doing what works?

:facepalm:

how come all the servers have updated if only a handful of people are selected to update?

arma2oa2012-07-2816-26-55-36.jpg

Everytime I am in a city or look at one I get these "artifacts"

This has been a problem since the new patch. Other then that the patch seems to be working well, I noticed loot spawns are working again.

For everyone complaining about Respawn being disabled : it was disabled because a lot of people were clicking on it accidentally when going to Game options.

When and if the arma2 developers will patch it so that the game will ask you to confirm you want to respawn, just like it asks before aborting, maybe the button will remain active. Or maybe rocket will revert it, it's his game/mod.

For now, learn to use other parts of the map and if your problem is having a hard time meeting up with your friends, maybe your friends should fix a car or a bike and use it to get yourselves grouped up.

now for the feeback, i can confirm lots of glitches and artifacts in chernarus, balota, nw airport as can be seen below:

http://youtu.be/EVniAkJ90D0

I'll test it with hdr disabled some time later today, i heard it fixes the issue.

Edited by mariush

I vote to impeach rocket, and get someone who knows what they are actually doing.

I vote for your mother. She really has a way with her hands and working with large bits of code, if you know what I mean.

The whole weapons damage adjustment (I know it was BHI not DayZ) totally blows. Half the weapons are useless now for anything other than a dinner bell for Zeds and Bandits.

I've mentioned this before but, I'll mention it again; STOP WITH THE DATA COLLECTING. How about just going back to good old "gut instinct" and doing what works? Yes yes we know, your collecting data to make the magical "stand alone" game a mind blowing experience right? While your collecting data and running your experiment other developers (real ones not layman mod "developers") have a team of professionals banging out a game that will rival DayZ.

Yes, I love the mod. Well love/hate would be a better description. DayZ has provided a game experience I haven't had since I was a kid, nearly 35 years ago.

Rocket: Get off the fame wagon ,off the interviews and drop the "Modder" mentality. Your sitting on a goldmine that will allow your to go back to the "modder" mentality with high style, providing you don't drop the ball on this one. Remember, you don't owe anyone anything. Buckle down, cut the deal get wealthy, then play all you want and amaze us all with your experiments.

Rocket, you have the fan base, make a move quick. You need money to license the engine? It's waiting for you all you have to do is cut the deal, put a price on this mod and away you go. I dropped $30 on a game (Arama2) I'll never play to play DayZ. I'd drop another $30 on DayZ in a heartbeat if it meant this thing would kick into high gear with a full team of game developers that have experience and drive (money will do that to people).

Before the RDF flame me know this; If I didn't love the mod and see what it could and should become before corporate douchebags figure out to turn it into a something that fits there "business model" to milk every frustrating DLC dollar they can I wouldn't waste my time writing this.

If it was me, and I surely wish it was, I would kickstart the shit out of DayZ, even to the tune of 10 (ten) million. You'd hit that within days, if not sooner,

Kickstart this thing, I have $30 ready to roll to make DayZ happen,before it turns into a quagmire of various experiments and data collecting crap it's becoming.

I disagree with you, this testing is one thing that Dayz has over other Zombie games. "Rocket" has the ability to try something new, get almost 1 million people's input and craft a fantastic game for standalone release. Sure its not the most fantastic thing now, but we should be lucky and grateful to help rocket put togeather a true masterpiece.

Edited by FangLeBonbon
  • Like 1

In response to people wanting to choose their spawn; that's just totally not in line with what DayZ is. Your buddies don't want to take the time and effort to meet you? Get new buddies. My friends and myself have traveled across the entire map just to deliver morphine and a blood bag. We've met from about as far away as is possible in the game. One can pretty much get to anywhere within 30 minutes, less if both parties are moving to a central position.

"Crews" are and will continue to grow as time goes on, it's the best way to survive other than being a smart lonewolf with patience.

It takes about 15-20 minutes for our crew of six to meet in game. One of our best experiences was a shootout in Electro that had one a member of our crew trapped in a firehouse and another dead. I came from the NW airfield, another from Berez and a couple more from various other locations to rain down retribution on the offending bandit. Sweet sweet revenge.

To add insult to injury, we stayed in ambush awaiting the player to return to his body. I got two head shots with a 50 cal on the poor fool from about 1000yds out before he got the message. What's better is we all headed to Cherno afterwards and cornered the same guy before emptying or guns (6 in all) into his bandit ass.

Of the stories I could tell. Get into a good crew, it'll change the game for you.

• Like 6

For everyone complaining about Respawn being disabled : it was disabled because a lot of people were clicking on it accidentally when going to Game options.

When and if the arma2 developers will patch it so that the game will ask you to confirm you want to respawn, just like it asks before aborting, maybe the button will remain active. Or maybe rocket will revert it, it's his game/mod.

I think it was mostly done because all that respawning and character creation was lagging the servers

after that, probably because people were exploiting it to choose their spawn

and then maybe because people were hitting it by accident

Edited by daze23
  • Like 1

This update has been subjected to only closed testing with around 50 players, it is released to players who want to help check if this is a good update under capacity

SixUpdater will only host the update once we have confirmed we are satisfied with the update

Server Owners: PLEASE update your builds to the latest (95389) beta

Please do not grab this update, and then QQ because you can't find a server. Install to a new @dayz mod folder and use when servers become available

The ideal place to load bugs is at the community bug tracker:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz

Please make sure they are listed to the DayZ project. Feature requests can also be made through this system.

Torrent File (Full Install)

Use Beta patch 95389 or above

Download from http://www.dayzmod.c...Build_95389.zip if having trouble with BI site due to demand (thanks Vipeax!)

Build Notes

HOTFIX : 26 JULY 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.2.4

* dayz 1.3.2

* dayz_anim 0.5

* dayz_server (server admins only)

Developer's Note:

* Should be used with Build 95389 and above on 1.62

* 5 second timeout on disconnect is NOT implemented, as the engine is preventing it currently

Changelog:

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

* [NEW] Optimized authentication process on login

* [NEW] Singleplayer mode disabled when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] DayZ Logo and Version Number appear in game when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (to assist in analysis for an ALT+F4 solution)

* [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)

* [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

* [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture

* [FIXED] Players switched to non-player skins (by hackers) sync to database (updates no longer saved for objects non-authorized skins)

* [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)

* [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position

* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

Edit:

Also server owners note:

If you do not have battleye enabled your server will not run, and will report this to the central server for blacklisting.

Outstanding

THANK YOU