rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.4 Rolling Update

Can someone tell me if it's safe again to wear a ghillie ?

You would think so, considering they put "clothing" back in.

But you know what they say about assuming...

THIS!

The tent duping completely prevents proper loot balancing currently.

It also means that either you are dupe-tent supplied and running around with oneshot weapons with infinite ammo (go DMR mag split bug...) or you are scraping by with Lee Enfield or Winchester and still often very low on ammo (good for the survival gameplay, not so much when trying to defend yourself against duping players), mostly because pistol ammo is effectively now worthless vs. Z and I'd dump it if hatchet could go in sidearm slot.. Only practical way to up-gear is to hunt for heli spawns and clear them after spending forever to verify that you are not going to get sniped (all fixed military gear spots are often camped by people who no longer have no real reason to enter them because hey, infinite ammo and duped gear)

Edited by Jarnis
  • Like 2

Well some observations.

Ghillie worked fine for me.

Friend and I tried two tents. My tent saved 4 generic items I was testing. Now that tent won't save anything else and respawns with the initial gear. Friends tent went down and as he was loading stuff the server reset meaning it was empty when we came back, as expected. Now that tent won't save anything and comes back empty after a reset.

1911 are still 1 shot kills on zeds.

aks 74 - 2 shots.

akm - 1 shot.

g17 - better off using the torch in an attempt to burn them or just blind them basically its cr4p, 5 non head shots.

edit update for those who think i cant read.

Current patch 1.7.2.4 & ARMA2_OA_Build_95389 and m1911 WAS still killing with 1 shot (and no not headshots). Having killed around 80 to make sure i can honestly say it was 1 shot kill anywhere on the zombies body. same with AKM 1 shot kill.

I don't think its a server related as I tried 3 or 4 , i'm sure they all weren't stating 1.7.2.4 and recent update for the hell of it.

My character was pre update and the m1911 was also pre update though I can't see how that would matter.

nvm no doubt this post will get more people calling me a liar or similar. :)

You haven't been updated. Because the update with the weapon nerf was from BIS for all of ARMA. So, the mod took the update as well. I was playing last night for 7 and a half hours with my team and it is still 4 body shots to kill a Zed with a 1911.

Concerning the reports about the Ghillie suits swapping backpacks etc. I just found a Ghillie suit, put it on and still retained my ALICE pack. The only weird thing I did notice was my Zombie kills/headshots/murder stats were all reset to 0. After logging-out and logging back in (onto a different server) my stats were back as they were. So no real issues here regarding the Ghillie suits with 1.7.2.4.

:thumbsup:

My stats also reset, but after a server restart I got all of my stats back.

ROCKET! There is a big big big graphic bug in berezino, and it seems like it comes from the hospital and the military tents! IT is almost impossible to make it into the lower parts of berezino because you can't see anything at all

Edited by Ernir

Stupidly Big Text

You know, you can make a point in a normal font and it will still be read? You also have the option to post on the multiple threads on this issue that points out that it's not exclusive to Berezino.

• Like 3

If you do get the solution for ALT+F4 working, where players remain ingame for a few seconds longer, I suggest the disconnecting player plays an animation. Like a dance or something, so you know the player has left the game. If they are standing there dancing, you know they have disconnected. Because now, you only see them lie on the ground. Its impossible to tell if they are gonna disconnect or maybe use a bandage.

1.7.2.4:

-After waiting, rebooting and waiting in loading screen...

-Spawned on a coast...

-Tried to shoot zombies with my 4-shot-kill M1911...

-Zombies dont hear gunshots from any distance now.

If you do get the solution for ALT+F4 working, where players remain ingame for a few seconds longer, I suggest the disconnecting player plays an animation. Like a dance or something, so you know the player has left the game. If they are standing there dancing, you know they have disconnected. Because now, you only see them lie on the ground. Its impossible to tell if they are gonna disconnect or maybe use a bandage.

Performing the disconnecting dance while beeing raped by zombies, great!

There is an animation for bandaging btw, so you can tell if someone is bandaging or not.

The big grafic bugs are coming from the spawned (non zombie) dead bodies. Please delete them or something.

I see alot of people having the same graphics bug, any word on howto fix it? keeps happening to me

So far only went to Krasnostav and all seemed fine. Also found ghillie so yes,they are spawning back.

Have to test M1911 on Zeds and how much they hear guns shots...

I see alot of people having the same graphics bug, any word on howto fix it? keeps happening to me

at the moment there is no way to fix it, but there are ways to decrease it for some time, like changing your graphics and then changing them back to how they were and setting memory to default and turning vsync on and off

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49118-fix-for-the-1724-artifacting/page__st__20

see this aswell, it is not a complete fix, but some report that it works, i have applied it but since im taking a break right now i have no confirmation on it working, but others have, it will eventually come back but the poster said he just turned vsync on and off.

it will probably be fixed soonish

press left shift and right - (minus) on the numpad and then type "flush" this empties your vram. helps for me the most time. also set video memory to default and objects detal to high should help.

press left shift and right - (minus) on the numpad and then type "flush" this empties your vram. helps for me the most time. also set video memory to default and objects detal to high should help.

there are more and more ways to fix it, this means it is not fixed, it just means its a buggy glitch, it will probably work for some time, but it will return eventually

Does anyone else having a problem with items not being saved in tents and vehicles?

Or might it be a server problem?

I found an URAL last night and put in some more weps and shit and when the server restarted (session lost) It got rollbacked to the same items it had when I found it.

there are more and more ways to fix it, this means it is not fixed, it just means its a buggy glitch, it will probably work for some time, but it will return eventually

I didn't say anything else but for a few of our clan it helped. At least for a short time. I think wire fence must be removed completely because it's useless.

Any word on when weapons will be fixed again ? Since it was introduced with the Arma patch ? revolver takes 4 shots to kill zombies. Not playing and wasting my ammo on this.

Does anyone else having a problem with items not being saved in tents and vehicles?

Or might it be a server problem?

I found an URAL last night and put in some more weps and shit and when the server restarted (session lost) It got rollbacked to the same items it had when I found it.

We had this problem before the new beta patch came out. Then we installed it on our server and now the old tents even work and save items which never worked before.

I didn't say anything else but for a few of our clan it helped. At least for a short time. I think wire fence must be removed completely because it's useless.

i agree 100% with you, wire fence should just be removed because i dont think that alot of people actually use it but who knows, i still dont like it though.

i didnt say you said anything mate :) its a weird weird glitch.