rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.4 Rolling Update

Ehm, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Says the guy who doesn't even know how to quote someone on the forums. Lolol.

Anyways for those of you who may have had issues with "This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application" make sure you have the 32bit C++ Redist installed. I had recently installed a new server and only installed the 64bit ones. My bad.

Well, time for me to quit playing DayZ... along with the rest of my friends.

Nice! Thank you :)

OnT; Updating now, looking forward to finding ghillie suits ;)

Can anyone please confirm if the latest changes regarding weapon damage (http://dayzdb.com/ne...es-in-arma2-162) are permanent? At least i think this is a sad, really sad thing. I mean, those are guns. It doesn't matter if you're shooting a .50 or a low quality weapon, they WILL kill you anyway.

Makarov PM

Old Damage: 2000

New Damage: 889

Really? 13 Makarov bullets to kill a person? Just want to know if anyone has a link or something to confirm if this is a permanent change, or just something that was supposed to affect just ARMA 2, not DayZ.

Edited by Fenrig

Why are no helis spawning? server is up to date, restartet and everything ! but no helis on every spawn place!

Why are no helis spawning? server is up to date, restartet and everything ! but no helis on every spawn place!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48598-server-side-hotfix-072-helicopter-status-and-server-info/

Can anyone please confirm if the latest changes regarding weapon damage (http://dayzdb.com/ne...es-in-arma2-162) are permanent? At least i think this is a sad, really sad thing. I mean, those are guns. It doesn't matter if you're shooting a .50 or a low quality weapon, they WILL kill you anyway.

Makarov PM

Really? 13 Makarov bullets to kill a person? Just want to know if anyone has a link or something to confirm if this is a permanent change, or just something that was supposed to affect just ARMA 2, not DayZ.

Iam sad too, that's exactly what bothers me, I hope they'll stay realistic.

FFS just get the old 1.7.2.3 dayz files, replace the new ones and stop crying people!

Why?

Because this mod is becoming an overly-realistic piece of shit. There's a fine line between realism and having a good time.

They won't spawn for people who do not know how to read properly. At least, that is the word on the streets of Chernarus... :rolleyes:

They will tell us when the helis are in game. They are not yet enabled in the hive.

Makarov PM

Rocket did address this in a reddit post. He stated he was looking into it. So as of right now yes that damage chart is correct.

stuck on loading

Edit: After manually updated BattleEye it seems to work fine.

Edited by Plat

Is anybody else having problems with joining servers....It says all of them have a wrong version and I have everything up to date...Please help

Well, till the update I could play on 20% of servers without getting one of these :

- Connection failed

- Forever stuck at loading screen

Now I'am unable to join any server, no matter what beta server/client is running.

Well, time for me to quit playing DayZ... along with the rest of my friends.

Bitchplease you been whining for fking days now. please leave, no one will miss you and your friends.

• Like 1

Rocket did address this in a reddit post. He stated he was looking into it. So as of right now yes that damage chart is correct.

I really hope Rocket does something about it. I don't know about the amount of "health points" or something like that on ARMA 2, but considering DayZ alone, the damage seems ridiculous against a 12000 amount of health points.

13 Makarov rounds! That alone just points that something is wrong. PLEASE ROCKET, give us our old weapon damage chart back.

I don't care if any of the guns needed a fix or whatever, no one should need 6 AK-74 rounds to drop dead, that's what i think.

• Like 1

Because this mod is becoming an overly-realistic piece of shit. There's a fine line between realism and having a good time.

Because you can't just kill yourself over and over again?

Wow...

So, no temperature meter in the debug window and after 5 minutes of rain ive got an infection. raided 2 hospitals, no antibiotics to be found, have never found them ever to be honest, so im going to kill this character to save the group from disease. Weird change.

Also z's now need about 5 m1911 rounds to the chest to be killed. bug or intentional ?

Edited by vanrosemont

I signed up to test the game. I didn't sign up to play an alpha.

Playing IS testing. Testing by 200,000 players a day.

It is also very hard on server hosts and I can see them trying to protect their hardware.

• Like 1

I really hope Rocket does something about it. I don't know about the amount of "health points" or something like that on ARMA 2, but considering DayZ alone, the damage seems ridiculous against a 12000 amount of health points.

13 Makarov rounds! That alone just points that something is wrong. PLEASE ROCKET, give us our old weapon damage chart back.

I don't care if any of the guns needed a fix or whatever, no one should need 6 AK-74 rounds to drop dead, that's what i think.

It's a bit low damage but at the same time none of you guys are really thinking about it too much are you...

After the first few bullets the person will be knocked unconscious and you can put one in their head.... or you'll get a headshot already. If you fire 13 at someone and don't get a headshot you've got aimrabies. It's not like you hit someone with 5 ak rounds and they just skip along safely....

Hello everyone,

STUCK ON LOADING

If you are getting stuck at loading, please make absolutely sure that you have installed the newest version of the DayZ Client files.

You should also make sure that they reside in @DayZ\AddOns instead of @DayZ. It is a common mistake to put them in @DayZ instead of the AddOns subfolder.

This is the most likely reason why you get stuck.

Jens

Edited by jwiechers
  • Like 1

FFS just get the old 1.7.2.3 dayz files, replace the new ones and stop crying people!

How do i get those files?

running 95389 and 1.7.2.4

- able to connect fine. The server was totally full and I connected about as quick as before with half the server load so that's good.

- ran totally smooth. didn't see any dsync issues.

- still might be tent issues. old tents still missing stuff. testing with new tents atm.