Edited by ImBotLOL
  • Like 12

Yay for noob tips! Wish I had this when I started out lol, I just jumped right in and got myself killed dozens of times.

Nice list.

Edited by ImBotLOL

A quick note about something I learned. If you can't see in the windows it means you can't go inside the building. So windows are what you should look for to get into buildings.

I'd also avoid tiny towns, for some reason the small towns are flooded with zombies and you aren't going to find decent loot. I'd start by finding a farm and looking or a weapon there, then either hit the cities and check supermarkets and fire stations or try your luck with deer stands.

In my experience deer stands are safer, but more spread out so longer to loot, cities are much more dangerous, but finding loot is pretty easy.

Of course you should be using an out of game map to find the locations I mentioned.

Change your attitude towards this game. When playing, think as realistically as possible. Would you run around a town in a post-zombie apocalypse world? Probably not. So, do what you would do in a real-life situation. That's probably the best tip anyone can give you for this game. I'm glad I experienced that the hard way :)

The only problem I have with this is in a real-life situation, once I found some sort of long range weapon, I wouldn't be moving tactically through towns, looting airfields, or stalking other survivors. I'd sit myself in some church tower with my beans and my rifle FAR away from where anyone else is and stay fcking silent. All day, every day.

Theres only so much fun to be had sitting in some town in the north that survivors rarely frequent with some binoculars and a rifle for hours on end.

Edited by ImBotLOL

Great post, LOLbot.

I am a new player as well. Not even a week in.

Hopefully some other intrepid types are looking here in search of some tips, without too much hand-holding.

To gain the best experience, don't look for all the answers. Remember, the desperation is part of the fun. But to cut down on the annoyance factor, yes... the windows you can see in are the buildings to try.

If all you find are tin cans, grab em. You can use them to divert a few walkers from your immediate area.

Throwing is buggy as hell though, so it will take some practice. You might launch the can a mile away or you might bounce it off something near to you so definitely practice.

And read the tutorial about the backpack. Chances are you are not using it for its intended purpose yet.

Good luck and look me up.

Oh and watch your legs... if you break em you will need morphine, which, though many people insist that it is so common, I have yet to find any. /shrug

• Like 1

The only problem I have with this is in a real-life situation, once I found some sort of long range weapon, I wouldn't be moving tactically through towns, looting airfields, or stalking other survivors. I'd sit myself in some church tower with my beans and my rifle FAR away from where anyone else is and stay fcking silent. All day, every day.

Food doesn't last forever. Neither does water.

Plus that guy who wants loot and notices the church is going to be a bit of a challenge compared to zeds.

Although I do understand your dilemma. My play style is more of a bandit role, so it's easy to keep myself busy.

Edited by ImBotLOL

Add do not shoot the lee enfield in a town. - suicide! (what i did my first life xD)

Food doesn't last forever. Neither does water.

Plus that guy who wants loot and notices the church is going to be a bit of a challenge compared to zeds.

Although I do understand your dilemma. My play style is more of a bandit role, so it's easy to keep myself busy.

True, but my point is that I don't think hunting other players for fun is what I would consider realistic.

Taken within the confines of the game, if you really, really wanted to just survive, you could set up shop at a town (or just outside, on a hill) with a supermarket thats not frequented, like Lopatino. Go in carefully, get beans/water, get out. Sit on hill until food runs out. Rinse and repeat. Or, just camp the supermarket in a corner. Chances are, on a server with 20 people on it, you probably wouldn't even see someone for hours, and if you did, you could probably stay hidden. Wouldn't make for much of a gameplay experience though.

Wouldn't make for much of a gameplay experience though.

Although I understand your true to realism approach, at the end of the day it IS a game, and if playing a hardcore realistic survivor attempting to stay alive for as long as you can no matter the seclusion is not fun, then you shouldn't play that way.

The beauty of this game is the freedom, and dont worry, rocket has some very cool stuff lined up for survivors in the long run.

Also to point out. With a hatchet, Knife and Matches surviving in the wild almost becomes trivial. If you have a cantena and a water source outside of a town even more so. Keep in mind the risk/reward. If you are balling with a high end military rifle and plent of supplies dont rush off to military encampments. Yes you may find NVG's or something else cool but you could find a sniper taking pot shots at you.

I would also like to point out one thing: when starting - always aim for the biggest pray! Loot Electro, or Cherno, or f*cuk it - find some food and water and when you do just run and try to get to the NW Airfield. You have nothing to lose at this point, and sneaking around the biggest towns with most zombies will be a great training for avoidng zombies for when you actually have something to lose.

Edited by ImBotLOL

Also, google some scout's techniques on how to orient youself. I saw a great video explaining how you can tell north with just your watch. Avoid all conversation with other players unless:

1) you're armed properlly

2) you're in a better position than they are

3) you have nothing to lose, so if they help that could be great.

Fellow noob here, just a couple days in and the most helpful advice I've taken is STAY LOW. First time playing and made it close to two hours.

Fellow noob here, just a couple days in and the most helpful advice I've taken is STAY LOW. First time playing and made it close to two hours.

Yes sir. Literally your first time or two, stay down big time. Also, use 3rd Person View (hit the Enter on the NumPad) and hold down ALT while looking around to keep your head on a swivel.

The "windows" thing with building helped me a lot. Saw someone mention in passing on a video...since then my life expectancy shot up. No more high risk low reward behavior of going door to door in an infected rich AO.

I only hit Electro or Cherno if I spawn on top of them. And yes...it's a "I have nothing to loose" attitude. So I run in...but the more successful I am, like yesterday at lunch...the more that "gotta get out of town" thing starts creeping up and I have to fight off the "just one more building...one more loot shot" or "Yes, you can sneak across town to the other Firehouse". "You can do it and get away with it". I succumed to that yesterday and got away with it...but the night before I didn't. You win some, you loose some.

Out.

2. STAY LOW/IN PRONE. No questions, just stay low as much as possible.

erm wrong prone is worst thing u can do when u are under attack by zomb or playa u are an easy target. Takes time to get up and when u do u be alrdy killed.

If ur running its hard for other players to aim and kill u

Edited by ImBotLOL

I like it. You might want to throw in some stuff about finding gear though. Barns and deer stands are fantastic.

Double tap left shift to toggle walk slow and make less noise.

Double tap forward to break into a sprint.

I agree with you in all the tips you've made... Thanks, will use this as a guide. :)