iconoplast

Weapon Damage Re-upped

You guys are all really fucking stupid. They made it more of a reason to use every pistol than just grabbing a revolver or m1911 because it was 1 shot to zombies. And they didn't nerf every gun, it was just the ones that SHOULDN'T do that much damage. Lee Enfield which I can find in almost every barn shouldn't be a 1 shot kill. How about don't suck at this game and get something better than a pistol? If you are trying to shoot players in this game with a pistol than you will die. Learn to find better weapons and stop crying, we all have to play with the nerfed guns.

This is so cute. Did I mention that my main weapon is an AS-50, so I have enough firepower to take on a chopper and win?

Problem is, not only the .45 was nerfed. The dinner bell now does less damages than an AKM / DMR / M24 while using a more powerfull bullet. Slugs damages are reduced so they deal the same amount as the winchester ones. It looks like a fuking lining of the firepowers to me. It looks like a tweak, a nerf, whatever, that does not belong to dayZ. Why using a shotgun with 8 rounds slugs if with a winch with 15 rounds mag you deal the same damages? It killed the shotgun slugs users (just as I said before, I really want to try playing only with a shotgun, for the cqb and the lulz).

the weapons damages were perfectly balanced. That nerf is a nonsense, END OF DISCUSSION.

• Like 2

if they do change it back then they better keep the enfield nerf. it was one of the most common weapons and it 1 shot players. now its a 2 shot which is fine. and now you can actually use it to kill zombies since it is quieter

I agree with upping the damage back to what it was. Having to use a whole clip of revolver ammo per 2 zeds is ridiculous. Rocket wants the game to be more PVE than PVP, but when I stock up on ammo of all type, and run out of ammo after just a few zeds, it makes me want to just rush past the zeds and lose them in the woods.

Edit: I think it's nice that it's now harder to kill players (unless you've got a sniper rifle), but zeds shouldn't take a full clip of half a clip of ammo to fall over dead.

Also this was found: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/x7ek1/weapon_damage_nerfs_in_arma2_162_full_details/c5k7u2f

Where Rocket learns of the Arma II weapon damage patch, and states he will "see what he can do."

Edited by Partywaffle

This is one of the better things to happen in dayz in last weeks. would be nice if every weapon got more nerfs. With lower damage people will have a chance to fight back in a firefight and even kill a bandit camper somewhere... Now perhaps people will think twice before trying to kill everyone in sight.

Im glad rocket doesnt give a shit about the carebears crying in the topic. GO rocket!

This is one of the better things to happen in dayz in last weeks. would be nice if every weapon got more nerfs. With lower damage people will have a chance to fight back in a firefight and even kill a bandit camper somewhere... Now perhaps people will think twice before trying to kill everyone in sight.

Im glad rocket doesnt give a shit about the carebears crying in the topic. GO rocket!

You clearly didn't read the link posted above you.

There are plenty of games that work the way you want, why should this one conform to those standards too? Let's have something for everyone, ok?

Boohoo, if you want an easier game you should try World of Warcraft

You make no sense at all.If they nerf weapons to make the game easier how is it that you come here and say the above statement?Your weird and the people that are arguing with you just overlooked that fact.All your doing is confusing the hell out of people and eventually they will succumb and just move on.

Care bears calling for weapons to do more damage? I don't think this makes sense, there should be no balance to anything in this game only realistic values associated to the weapon systems caliber/powder charge. This update nerfed that and created a first tear weapon class by nerfing the most common weapons found in game at the cost of authenticity. Now all you newb survivors stand even less of a chance because your weapons will do less damge but the bandits can still one shot kill you with their 7.62x51 and 12.99 weapons. You may be able to survive the random griefer who only stays on the south coast and tries to kill unarmed players but when you first go north with your crappy civilian guns you will get owned at starty or NW even worse than you do now.

When you make it harder to kill a human, they take more bullets to kill, it doesnt unbalance the game, it will always be balanced between the two forces at war in the game, the human players...

Wrong. If you shoot someone twice with a rifle they shouldn't be able to continue running at you and chop your head off with an axe.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

I'm not usually so blunt, but the fact is that most, "Bandits" use scoped rifles, which still go for 8,000 blood per round. Chance to fight back? Common weapons do LESS damage now. That means that before if they missed and you returned fire, you only needed about 4 rounds to kill the attacker. Now? 2 from the Lee, 9 from the .45 ACPs, many more from 9mm weapons. Even the AK74 variants take extra rounds, as well as shotguns!!

You have LESS of a chance to fight back, as those extra rounds take time to place, where that sniper only needs 1 more to kill you. Your logic is shit. Next time, try using the grey matter lying dormant in that empty teapot you call a skull.

You guys are all really fucking stupid. They made it more of a reason to use every pistol than just grabbing a revolver or m1911 because it was 1 shot to zombies. And they didn't nerf every gun, it was just the ones that SHOULDN'T do that much damage. Lee Enfield which I can find in almost every barn shouldn't be a 1 shot kill. How about don't suck at this game and get something better than a pistol? If you are trying to shoot players in this game with a pistol than you will die. Learn to find better weapons and stop crying, we all have to play with the nerfed guns.

Why would creating an unreality in a military simulator be "really fucking stupid"? If you get shot by a .45, you will likely die, 2x you should be dead and 4 times, would mean you should have been dead 2 shots ago.... point being, if you get shot froma .45 in real life should put down most people in 1 shot, same with an assault rifle round like an AK would put you down, but making it many more shots is a bit silly. In an absolute sense this is not realtiy and relatively these guns should do as much as much more powerful in game weapons, not, now alot less. So the overall balance is off, either bring everythign down a bit or restore them.

Edited by iconoplast

Or one round of .45ACP, have u got any idea how much stopping power comes from that 1911 in close range...

needed 9 .45ACP rounds for 1 zombie yesterday, irl that zombie would've been a pile of dust by then

I picked this quote while reading the thread, and the OP is right and has my beans. 9 .45ACP rounds pumped into a zombie would not be a problem if there was more ammo to be found in the game. But you can't carry an unlimited amount of ammo and the shots attract other zombies. So this way it is almost impossible to infiltrate a city without having 20 zombies on your tail. Maybe the hatchet can help here, but this can't be the solution? In the last DayZ update the changelog says that zombies not hearing gunshots is fixed now. Well, I think the Mod was very difficult before, I have not played with the new update yet, but I have a bad feeling about it. Oh, I think headshots should be pretty deadly, maybe that's the solution? We will see.

I don't want to have to shoot 10 rounds of ammo in a zombie and attract 10 other ones, while I have only 2-3 clips. Slowly the development of DayZ is making the game a game for freaks who have a high frustration tolerance.

I will see when I play with the new patch, bus as I have said, I have a bad feeling about this. I want the old weapon damage back.

Edited by subvision
  • Like 1

You. Are. An. Idiot.

I'm not usually so blunt, but the fact is that most, "Bandits" use scoped rifles, which still go for 8,000 blood per round. Chance to fight back? Common weapons do LESS damage now. That means that before if they missed and you returned fire, you only needed about 4 rounds to kill the attacker. Now? 2 from the Lee, 9 from the .45 ACPs, many more from 9mm weapons. Even the AK74 variants take extra rounds, as well as shotguns!!

You have LESS of a chance to fight back, as those extra rounds take time to place, where that sniper only needs 1 more to kill you. Your logic is shit. Next time, try using the grey matter lying dormant in that empty teapot you call a skull.

thats why 1shot kill weapons are for noobs. All snipers should be removed or nerfed.

Boohoo, if you want an easier game you should try World of Warcraft

Boohoo! you should go play wow!

Dayz had nothing to do with the "weapon Nerf", it is caused by Beta patch and it should be fixed. Spend a m14 clip to kill one guy, kills the immersiveness.

agreed, that "weapon nerf" is totally ridiculous. Who can take 13 bullets of 9mm in the chest and survive?

becauser they are dead?

thats why 1shot kill weapons are for noobs. All snipers should be removed or nerfed.

Oh, you're one of those people.

Obviously trying to debate you will be pointless as you invalidate your own posts. You originally didn't say that there would be no "1shot kill weapons" in your perfect world. But hey, in your world there wouldn't have high explosives, sniper rifles, high caliber weapons, headshots, vehicles, or small rocks for that matter. All those can '1shot' you.

Infact, while we are at it, let's take out PvP because that gets players killed. And zombies, too, those are dangerous as well. And let's stop players from being able to respawn, move or even look around, because they could potentially hurt themselves. Oh but what is this? My sig. Read it.

Damn people are stupid.

they are infected, no zombies.

Should I have moral issues now about killing infected humans? For me, it are zombies. And a zombie is only good - dead.

Edited by subvision

Either this or make ammo more scarce. Now you gotta save your ammo for when you really need them. But this is an Arma2 update and we'll have to wait if they change them in a DayZ update.

Edited by jay.pis

I don't understand why they would change the damage on the AK variants of all things and not the NATO.. AKs fire 7.62 which is much greater than the 5.56 so if realism is the only goal to this update they clearly failed...

Edit : Ignore that - AK 74

Edited by whatbadguy

that's a surprise for arma players aswell. this changing of values should not EVER affected the core game, guys, look DAYZ weapons were nerfed in CORE game instead of mod. we don't like these changes and sure as hell we want default values back.

it's clearly that damage was nerfed only for weapons that used in dayz. not for realism sake, and heck, why the heck change weapons values so sudden on 1.62. not 1.01 or 1.02 ?

loosing respect to BIS.

Edited by n2-

Yeah, it seems the arma forums are finally getting up in arms (sorry) over this issue.

Most people are blaiming DayZ and DayZ players for the change though, and still no official explanation.

I think they should do slightly more damage, but not back to normal. One shot with a revolver or M1911 is a little crazy.

Oh, you're one of those people.

Obviously trying to debate you will be pointless as you invalidate your own posts. You originally didn't say that there would be no "1shot kill weapons" in your perfect world. But hey, in your world there wouldn't have high explosives, sniper rifles, high caliber weapons, headshots, vehicles, or small rocks for that matter. All those can '1shot' you.

Infact, while we are at it, let's take out PvP because that gets players killed. And zombies, too, those are dangerous as well. And let's stop players from being able to respawn, move or even look around, because they could potentially hurt themselves. Oh but what is this? My sig. Read it.

Damn people are stupid.

this is a game, noob. not real world.

I think they should do slightly more damage, but not back to normal. One shot with a revolver or M1911 is a little crazy.

It's not crazy when a zombie has 1/3 of a player's blood. If killing something 1/3 the strength of a player in one shot is a little crazy, then you really want zombies to have more blood.