Teldrius

Worst Game Experience ever

Heres the extent of my wonderfully entertaining times with this awesome mod:

After of course waiting the excrutiatingly long loading times.....

Game 1: wandered around for awhile, found some sort of fort, hit once by a zombie, broken bone, spent 2 hours crawling around searching for anything to heal it. Broken bone never wore off.

gave up playing after wasting all that time.

Game 2: figuring I'd give the game another chance, tried to play with a friend. As there was no buddy system, it made finding the same game very hard, and as there's no map or anything, we could never locate each other while trying. After looking up a map online I tried to get to said friend, when a zombie spawned right behind me. Said zombie chased me two towns, and across the river to an island. After he hit me once my character began to bleed, till I eventually died.

After waiting the 20 minutes or so it takes to respawn....

Game 3: we found another server, spawned a town away, I tried to run to said friend, zombie literally spawned right in front of my face, proceeded to chase me forever. Again, with no weapon, I began to bleed out after taking one hit. Since I couldn't stop to bandage myself I died slowly.

Long story short, this game is shit, and is definately the worst gameplay experience I have ever had.

Suggestions for improvement? perhaps not have olympic swimming dead bodies, or maybe have them stop chasing you after running for 20 minutes, perhaps have them get distracted by the cows or goats you uselessly ran to. Maybe at the very least give your character a basic punch attack to fend off that first zombie. Make it so the broken bone status wears off instead of wasting 2 hours of your life.

I bought Arma2 specifically for this mod, and I am so bloody disappointed, I was mislead into thinking this game was refined enough to be worth spending money on.

• Like 4

there are lots of methods of getting rid of zombies.

cut 2 corners before they see you cut the second corner. another is just cut the corner run about 5 meters and just lay down on the ground

sprint towards bushes or fat green fir trees and just crouch in the middle and keep crouch walking through.

find a gun, shoot them in the head

find a friend with a gun, tell him to shoot them in the head

if you get hit without anything useful nearby might as well just hit the respawn button and see if you can spawn nearby and run back to your stuff. Since your a noob i guess you are still relatively near to the cost.

also I would suggest not trying to meet up with a friend till you have the basics like zombie evasion and how to find a gun quickly learned first. Also if you are an unskilled map reader you will also need several semi rare tools to help you find where you are and where you friend is.

If you dont want to find your friend in game or via maps just keep spawning until you spawn in the same area as your friend.

Edited by rasputina
  • Like 1

Well, thanks for sharing.

P.S - Not sure who mislead you, it's never been advertised. You didn't spend any money on this free mod.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 8

Zombies are soooo easy to loose, i dont get the issue.

I just ran with 3, ran into a bush and dived on ground, they gone, this works pretty much 100% guaranteed for me XD

That or cut a corner then another and dive on ground.

• Like 2

You have not understood what alpha means in terms of software development.

You are not made for this game.

Play other games, good bye.

• Like 13

Maybe you should try a more simple game.... try bubble bobble, its easy....

• Like 20

You've just outlined the features which make this mod so unique !

Isn't it just great ? A difficult world that you have to fight to survive in where absoutely nothing is given to you. ( Aside from a bandage / painkiller of course )

• Like 17

Kotaku mislead me, those dicks.

I'll try your method of losing zombies if I ever get the patience to wait through those load times again :S at the very least it could give me a bar to let me know it didnt freeze on me.

for now I'll just wait it out, hope that the makers decide to change their outlook a little and stop crippling their game with the "forever a cripple" status, or the "you can't have any friends!" ideal.

You can't use "Alpha" as an excuse for poor design decisions :S it's not like it's a bug... it's working as intended.

Edited by Teldrius
  • Like 3

You've just outlined the features which make this mod so unique !

Isn't it just great ? A difficult world that you have to fight to survive in where absoutely nothing is given to you. ( Aside from a bandage / painkiller of course )

This.

You have not understood what alpha means in terms of software development.

You are not made for this game.

Play other games, good bye.

not sure if you understand what noob means in terms of gaming.

chill out. what is it with dayz players and anyone with some sort of issue or difference in the game being incapable of handling their game and saying stuff like, Go back, good bye.

• Like 4

After of course waiting the excrutiatingly long loading times..... (ALPHA)

Game 1: wandered around for awhile, found some sort of fort, hit once by a zombie, broken bone, spent 2 hours crawling around searching for anything to heal it (Morphine is common). Broken bone never wore off. (What the fuck do you expect?)

gave up playing after wasting all that time. (Sad)

Game 2: figuring I'd give the game another chance, tried to play with a friend. As there was no buddy system, it made finding the same game very hard(So you can't find the same server using the filter build in the game already??), and as there's no map or anything(Okay you're a dumbass, GOOGLE A FUCKING MAP), we could never locate each other while trying(herp de derp <.^ ). After looking up a map online("and as there's no map or anything") I tried to get to said friend, when a zombie spawned right behind me(alpha). Said zombie chased me two towns, and across the river to an island.(Ever try tatics to get rid of him?) After he hit me once my character began to bleed, till I eventually died.(There is something called a bandage.)

After waiting the 20 minutes or so it takes to respawn....(Alpha and bad server)

Game 3: we found another server, spawned a town away, I tried to run to said friend, zombie literally spawned right in front of my face, proceeded to chase me forever.(Doesn't happen, ever. This was all fixed.) Again, with no weapon(This was explained), I began to bleed out after taking one hit. Since I couldn't stop to bandage myself I died slowly. (Go into a fucking building)

Long story short, this game is shit, and is definately the worst gameplay experience I have ever had. (Alpha

Suggestions for improvement? perhaps not have olympic swimming dead bodies, or maybe have them stop chasing you after running for 20 minutes, perhaps have them get distracted by the cows or goats you uselessly ran to. Maybe at the very least give your character a basic punch attack to fend off that first zombie. Make it so the broken bone status wears off instead of wasting 2 hours of your life. (You must suck at games)

I bought Arma2 specifically for this mod, and I am so bloody disappointed, I was mislead into thinking this game was refined enough to be worth spending money on. (Alpha once again)

MY conclusion is,

You are a dumbass. :D

Edited by pwnage13371
  • Like 25

Have you ever played splinter cell?

After of course waiting the excrutiatingly long loading times.....

Game 1: wandered around for awhile, found some sort of fort, hit once by a zombie, broken bone, spent 2 hours crawling around searching for anything to heal it. Broken bone never wore off.

gave up playing after wasting all that time.

Game 2: figuring I'd give the game another chance, tried to play with a friend. As there was no buddy system, it made finding the same game very hard, and as there's no map or anything, we could never locate each other while trying. After looking up a map online I tried to get to said friend, when a zombie spawned right behind me. Said zombie chased me two towns, and across the river to an island. After he hit me once my character began to bleed, till I eventually died.

After waiting the 20 minutes or so it takes to respawn....

Game 3: we found another server, spawned a town away, I tried to run to said friend, zombie literally spawned right in front of my face, proceeded to chase me forever. Again, with no weapon, I began to bleed out after taking one hit. Since I couldn't stop to bandage myself I died slowly.

Long story short, this game is shit, and is definately the worst gameplay experience I have ever had.

Suggestions for improvement? perhaps not have olympic swimming dead bodies, or maybe have them stop chasing you after running for 20 minutes, perhaps have them get distracted by the cows or goats you uselessly ran to. Maybe at the very least give your character a basic punch attack to fend off that first zombie. Make it so the broken bone status wears off instead of wasting 2 hours of your life.

I bought Arma2 specifically for this mod, and I am so bloody disappointed, I was mislead into thinking this game was refined enough to be worth spending money on.

Long story short, your shit, and are definately the worst gamer experience I have ever had.

• Like 1

i really hope you find a game you like. maybe sly cooper or mario? if u cant play this game then dont. stop crying. no one here cares maybe u just suck

If you encounter problems just google them or check out dayzwiki.com for in game solutions to your problems.

• Like 1

Kotaku mislead me, those dicks.

I'll try your method of losing zombies if I ever get the patience to wait through those load times again :S at the very least it could give me a bar to let me know it didnt freeze on me.

for now I'll just wait it out, hope that the makers decide to change their outlook a little and stop crippling their game with the "forever a cripple" status, or the "you can't have any friends!" ideal.

You can't use "Alpha" as an excuse for poor design decisions :S it's not like it's a bug... it's working as intended.

You just learned your first lesson. Always carry Morphine.

• Like 3

-I expect the status to wear off instead of crippling the gameplay.

-I did google a map -.- take the time to read please, it should still be provided, or at least be able to join with a friend.

-I was being chased..... Didn't have no time to bandage, or are you unable to put two and two together?

-I did run into a building. It didn't help.

-I fail to see how the first zombie I encounter breaking my bone was my fault.

-I bought Minecraft in alpha. It was worth it.

-And yes, the zombie did spawn directly infront of me as I was running. Popped right into my face, so clearly, it wasn't all fixed.

Edited by Teldrius

I like when they've built up with anticipation only to be broken down.

OP, on your second life, you decided to give the game 'another chance'. Sorry, but your ridiculous impatience has no place in DayZ anyways. I heard COD black ops 2 is coming out soon. Ciao

Edited by Caz
  • Like 11

All I read from the OP was "I'm an idiot so this game sucks."

• Like 7

Well, thanks for sharing.

P.S - Not sure who mislead you, it's never been advertised. You didn't spend any money on this free mod.

Alot of players buy Arma 2 Combined operations just for this mod,so did I, all the videos on youtube make it look like a good game with lots of fun, most of the videos are from march, I liked this game because of the Side chat and all the shootouts and scavenging..

this game is a fucking joke, zombies are shit, or that they can hear\see you from miles away even if you're crouch running or that they just try to block your enterance into a city\house\w.e, when I bought this game I thought it would be just like in those videos, lots of friendlies, sidechat, so you wont just go for hours and hours going from place to place trying to find guns, I mean wtf is that shit for, you find the best gun, then what?Its more fun to have gunfights\just hang with friends and raid hot spots(with other players) because this survival is complete bullshit, it doesn't the "feel" of real surviving.. and don't tell me its a free mod, I'm saying this just because I saw it in some other thread "Arma 2 sales has rised of about 300% because of DayZ"

so stop with this fucking bullshit of saying this mod is free, most players who bought this game, bought it just to play DayZ, and again as I said in another thread, saying "ITS IN THE ALPHA" isn't an exuse for every fucking problem in this mod, I do like this mod even with all its problems.. but now I see that there is going to be this new game called War-Z, All the stuff of DayZ just probally better, And I know most of you will say" THEN GO PLAY IT",I probally will but untill its out I'm stuck with the clusterfuck of buggs in this game War-Z seems like DayZ just fixed and better, it has better engine,bigger map,other guns(I hope) BETTER ZOMBIE AI!!<--- MOST IMPORTANT.

now go ahead and say your "cool story bruh" and "ITS AN ALPHA" or "Go play another game"

• Like 1

Have you ever played splinter cell?

good game.

Co-Op went down hill, and not a huge fan of how the story-line turned out, but good nonetheless.

Edited by Teldrius
  • Like 2

i read so much "i run there, i run here" hope you see the problem yourself. this is not a fucking FPS. have patience and learn or leave. thanks for the tears anyway. remembered me what impact the game industry has on gamers and their behavior....."i expect it to wear of" y sure... go play hello kitty. realism is the gameplay. so breaking a leg is not crippling the gameplay. and to be honest. a zombie CANT one hit break your leg there is more to that failure

Edited by asmoO

This is an amazing mod, but not for people who come in expecting CoD.

Also, seriously, I think half of what you said is probably lies. It's so ridiculously easy losing zombies that are chasing you. If you really didn't lose them, it's probably because you ran across wide open fields.

Protip: Forests are your friends.

Edited by Zoop
  • Like 2