nyxe2k

UK 1 Server, private hive / abuse

Just do yourself a favor and stop making fools of yourselves by not posting anymore.

Maybe you should take your own advice ;P

• Like 1

neat rocket whitelisted a ton of private servers thru six launcher (mine included). seems he likes the idea of private hives

neat rocket whitelisted a ton of private servers thru six launcher (mine included). seems he likes the idea of private hives

Hopefullly, they are like there own little ecosystem, a sandbox within a sandbox if you will.

You never know he might implement things into the live version if they proved sucessful on private hives.

Also number 1 rule of PC FPS, dont piss off the server admin. If you don't like it just move to another server it''s not like there is a lack of them anymore.

Ok guys, just to make things alittle better, heres an advertisement for my private server lol.......

Laugh if you want, but i might be one of the few non abusive admins out there, so come have a look.

• Like 1

Hopefully many will agree with me, NO we cannot do anything to take their servers down, but players dont need to put up with this sort of bullshit, private servers, ones that do not clearly indicate that they are private, and have abusive admins should be removed from our sixlaunchers if this is within power of rocket.

They do not deserve to advertise in sixlauncher alongside the legit servers that follow rules, they ruin the player experience because of their abusive ways, in effect hindering the mod as a whole.

Edit:

and no its just UK 1 :).

Does it matter? Funny, that you would complain about it to this level. Deserving is something a bit extreme to use. SixLauncher is the "Official" launch for DayZ, but isn't owned by it. The people that own the Six Software made it for more than just DayZ, but all mods involving ArmA II. So the fact you ask this means they remove all Non-DayZ Servers from the listing as well, which is rather immature and pointless. DayZ Is a MOD! It is not a game, it is a mod. Having a private version of the MOD isn't hurting anything. It allows admins to run things as they see fit, which is a nice change from the dictatorship that is dayzmod.com. We as server admins pay good money for rocket's game to be as popular as it is. So we as paying admins should have the right to dictate how the servers run. Now understand this: I respect Rocket and this mod. I love it, it has kept me entertained for more than 3 months now. But the stupidity of the people that play it is growing exponentially. If you are dumb enough to not see that the server isn't private based on NOT ONLY the MOTD, but the fact you spawn without your standard hive shit, you shouldn't be playing video games and need to go grab that red helmet of yours and tighten that chin-strap a few notches tighter. If the admin bans you, maybe he doesn't like you. You don't question the Admin, for he is the admin and that is as simple as it gets. When you are in his server, he is god and you are his children. If you cross him, he will smite you in how he sees fit. Take this as more of a lesson rather than a simple rant. DayZ is a mod, no different than the several other mods on Armaholic, or any other sites out there. So with that, If someone wants to take that mod and host a private server based on it, then by god they can without interruption. It is a mod, not a game even if you and the million other survivors out there can't see it. Mods are meant to be modified. Period.

TO THE OP:

DON'T group all private servers into one stereotyped category. I run a very good server and do what I can to adhere to the guidelines listed for official hive servers.

The REASON I run a private server are as follows (and will change as the mod progresses from alpha and beyond):

1. Combat Logging

- Needs no explanation as to why it is a valid reason for me to want a private hive (combined with # 2 it's even more annoying)

2. Ghosting or where they reposition themselves by changing servers, moving, then rejoining the server you are in but now they are behind you

-Again, no explanation needed for that one

3. I can ban Griefers, hackers, abusive players that are making it miserable for other players to enjoy the game

- I got messaged on my teamspeak server that there was someone with a rocket launcher near cherno blowing up people as they fresh spawned

ALSO,

- In my MOTD it clearly specifies that Combat Logging results in instant death (If reported and I find out who it is and that it is a valid complaint, I kill them via database hive entry by setting them to dead)

-How can I tell if they combat logged, well, because :

finding their player information in the hive I can see information like this or similar (this is an example)

[false,true,false,true,true,false,true,6506.39,[\"aimpoint\",\"relbow\",\"LeftFoot\",\"neck\"]

[character information etc............][blood..][where and how are they hurt..................]

And then I can pretty much say they were combat logging

Official Admins don't have access to this kind of information and are at a loss to prevent players being unfair.

I spend most of my game day Administrating my server, my game time has dwindled drastically as my player base increased since I spend most of my time getting more and more acquainted with the Day Z mod and its hive MySQL database so that I can be that much more effective admin. Not forgetting to mention that I review hours of server console logs to find and fix any issues.

I also go through the hive database and remove old unused player data and suspicious player data.

This is exactly why we have our private Hive as well.

Not for trolling over it, but for having nice community, free of hackers, as we can deal with them easily.

For me community is main reason game is played. Since restrictive rules of DayZ staff are in place, all i could do is simply go our own way.

hmmmm i used to play a lot on that server too, it was really great (: can someone give me its IP, cant find server anymore :< thanks