Joe_Blow

Ultimate Solution to Hackers

Why not just have a community shared list of known hacker id's and ban those instead of innocent people? You get caught hacking and then you get blacklisted from every server.

this idea has made me not want to masturbate

Thanks for helping me keep my post alive. You are doing a great job. I am glad I hired you. :)

Now I own your face!

well you do understend that having my photo, of my own face, from my facebook as your avatar is a copyright?

81506464.jpg

Edited by evkol001

well you do understend that having my photo, of my own face, from my facebook as your avatar is a copyright?

I'm not sure why you keep preteding I'm not you. You should just admit we are the same person.

Why not just have a community shared list of known hacker id's and ban those instead of innocent people? You get caught hacking and then you get blacklisted from every server.

Ok now we are talking... Here is a good Idea

The only problem I see here is that if it is a community based ban list then it would be hard to verify that the entries are valid hackers.

I could see a situation where some smacktard joins that community just to ban people randomly.

But still not a bad idea

I'm not sure why you keep preteding I'm not you. You should just admit we are the same person.

Let me tell you something. Because im not very bad guy I give you a chance to take down my photo from your account.

Because otherwice I can just legaly force owners of this forum to remove your forum account. not that Im treatening anyone. But legaly mods will be obligated to do that. offcouse I would newer do something against this project. I love this project. just saying that they are obligated to do it or remove your avatar somehow if you dont do it your self so you can be forgiven by me

Edited by evkol001

As we all know this last week there has been a torrent of hackers plaguing our servers. This problem has gotten to the point where the good members of the community are leaving the servers and refuse to play until the problem is either resolved or subsided to a level where the game is actually enjoyable again.

Just to give you some backgound.

I launched my new server, that I personally pay for to support this MOD, on Suday and have already banned 10 known hackers since then.

Just yesterday my server was attacked with 5 different Teleport hacks from 5 different hackers and 2 kill scripts that took out everyone on the server.

Here are my suggestions to eliminate hackers from your server for good.

1) Any time someone reports hackers on your server BAN everyone who is on the server at the time the hack occurred, with the exception of the people who are a trusted member of your community.

or

2) BAN everyone on your server who is not a trusted member of your community.

Some of you may think this Idea is stupid; however think about it a litte longer.

What am I trying to achive with this post?

What would happen if every server Banned people who were not a part of thier comminity?

How many people are out there hacking right now?

Is this fun for me or my Friends?

Why should I pay for people who just want to ruin my fun?

Is there any other solution?

Disscuss....

And now I open this thread up to the whirlwind of Haters and Trolls who will no doubtable share their opinion on the subject.

you simply can't ban people without very specific criteria being met. your solution will only succeed in getting your server blacklisted.

Let me tell you something. Because im not very bad guy I give you a chance to take down my photo from your account.

Because otherwice I can just legaly force owners of this forum to remove your forum account. not that Im threating anyone. But legaly mods will be obligated to do that. offcouse I would newer do something against this project. I love this project. just saying that legaly they are obligated to do it or remove your avatar somehow if you dont do it your self

Well if it's anything like their response time of fixing the hacker issue then it will never happen.

And there is no law that says I can't use this picture. It is not an offensive picture.

In fact I think you are cute.

You are celebrity, just like Justin Beiber, and I have the right to use celebrity pictures as my forum picture if I want.

In fact I think you should take down your picture as it looks too much like mine.

Edited by Joe_Blow

Hello there

Without being involved in your little 'tiff, the OP's suggestions are essentially what happened to the Arma2 community.

Most serious players joined clans/squads/etc and play on their passworded servers.

The rest of us play on the pub servers and have just grown to put up with the scripters (no real hackers around).

The best way to combat things is to have a live admin present 24/7 to oversee the server and then when things do happen, they can be dealt with, with minimal disruption.

Now, all we need to do is design an admin that needs no sleep.

Rgds

LoK

well t

Well if it's anything like their response time of fixing the hacker issue then it will never happen.

And there is no law that says I can't use this picture. It is not an offensive picture.

In fact I think you are cute.

Just like Justin Beiber you are celebrity and I have the right to use celebrity pictures as my forum picture if I want.

In fact I think you should take down your picture as it looks too much like mine.

well this picture is made by me. and it is picture of me. and there is such law almost in every country. so Im not allowing you to impersonalize me.

less talk do more. dont use my photo. because you testing my patience.

and about responce time from mods it doesent matter. I can just call them on the phone if I feel so. pretty much it is easy to find a phonenumber via Bohemia

Edited by evkol001

@evkol001

If you feel you are being "greifed" your best bet is to PM a moderator.

Threatening/hinting legal actions won't help you.

rgds

LoK

edit:odd size fixed

Edited by orlok

well t

well this picture is made by me. and it is picture of me. and there is such law almost in every country. so Im not allowing you to impersonalize me.

less talk do more. dont use my photo. because you testing my patience.

and about responce time from mods it doesent matter. I can just call them on the phone if I feel so. pretty much it is easy to find a phonenumber via Bohemia

Ok I'll tell you what.

I'll take down the picture if you agree to never respond to a thread in a negitive way again.

Do you really think people post threads here to get responses like the one you first posted.

No they come here for help and answers and you are giving none of that.

Here is your original response:

Server for which you pay YOU DONT OWN. AND ITS FOR EVERYONE. NOT JUST FOR YOUR FRIENDS AND YOU TO HAVE FUN.

What you doing is actually cheating. same thing as hacking. If you continew doing so in best case you will be blacklisted, in worth case you will loose the server without refund.

in any case consider your serverpayment as a donation to the comunity for alpha testing purposes

Do you really think this is helping the community you LOVE so much.

I think not!

Love Your Biggest Fan

Me

@evkol001

If you feel you are being "greifed" your best bet is to PM a moderator.

Threatening/hinting legal actions won't help you.

rgds

LoK

edit:odd size fixed

Im not a rat to treat so great project with legal actions. I just mean that they will remove photo or possibly his forum account if I call them. because as an official company its their duty. If mods dont remove fine.

not like im gona call the police, its lame. but its any companys legal duty to do so anyway. this is what I mean. and Im sure they will do whats legaly right.

Personaly I dont care about any law and staff. But I dont like when unknown people using my staff. And because I cant personaly visit him and crash his face with my foot because he lives nobody knows where this is the only way I can do something about it.

Joe_blow tomorrow when I wakeup photo must be gone

Edited by evkol001

Yeah bad idea lol, best is to note whoever is on your server each time a hack occurs when you notice a trend get evidence take ss or vids and post it to the appropriate areas so they get hive banned.

If you ban everyone than whats the point of having the server? anyone of those "trusted" community members can just use a script and then your stuck.

Best way is like what was suggested earlier, have an admin ingame/on ts 24/7 this way if anything does come up theirs enough time to react and do something about it. Now that being said it is a tough job to monitor a server 24/7 for just one guy so I suggest using some of those trusted community members as admins so that they can keep watch as well.

Also if you get that one rogue admin who bans people because they raided his tent city and stole his car or any your admins do silly bans like that..well to quote Bryan from Taken - If you unban them now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you...or get you blacklisted most likely the blacklisted one :P

Server for which you pay YOU DONT OWN. AND ITS FOR EVERYONE. NOT JUST FOR YOUR FRIENDS AND YOU TO HAVE FUN.

What you doing is actually cheating. same thing as hacking. If you continew doing so in best case you will be blacklisted, in worth case you will loose the server without refund.

in any case consider your serverpayment as a donation to the comunity for alpha testing purposes

Your 100% correct, agree completely, but I'm pretty sure that no one is stupid enough to legitimately post this thread as an actual suggestion to be taken seriously. Pretty sure OP is just a troll.

In other news, Joe_Blow's days as a server host are nearing an end.

Okay now think about this:

If all server admins bann people who are not their freiinds then sudenly hundreds of thousands of people are completely un-able to play and the only possible way for someone to play is if they have their own server or are freinds with someone who does.

I think that pretty much says why your idea is a dumb one.

The ultimate solution would be invite only

Make your server non-hive and you can lock it down as much as you want.

For as long as your server is connected to the hive, rocket will never allow any admins to lock it down.