CAVEGRAFFITTI

HACKERS ARE OUT OF CONTROL

I have to agree with the OP, it's very frustrating & hard to keep our community intersted in the mod when they get on & are hacked almost ever hour. Our server is maintained by donations from our community members & no one will donate toward a server they cannot or don't want to play due to the constant hacking/teleporting/ect....

Over the last few days we've gone from having about 12 to 15 dedicated players to about 5... the others are getting tired of being teleported or otherwise hacked & are playing other games.

This has nothing at all to do with the DayZ mod being in alpha, I totally understand that & so does my community, but if the DayZ devs can't get BIS to step up detection & protection, then all this is kinda pointless because the hacking is only growing by the hour & will evenually cost more & more players.

This.

My server constantly has hackers all over it. Unfortunately, whenever I lock the server and attempt to get rid the hacker, I end up with whining "SERVER LOCK BLACKLIST LOLOLO!!1111" threads on the forums. Something needs to be done immediately about the hacker plague.

Edited by KING CHAZ

Game is boring because of the hackers. Only thing worth doing now is spawning in, finding newb gear and fighting in central towns. No point in surviving. I've died to hacks/scripts 5-6 times. And I don't even play that much. DayZ is going to go down the toilet, alpha or no alpha. They shouldn't of released to the public if they couldn't combat the cheating. Same thing happen to APB. Sure people still play it, barely. But sure, there is still cheating. But there is little to no population, so it doesn't matter.

More power to server admins is needed. Who cares if they ban innocent people, there are other servers. Go there and cry. Oh wait but they might lose their vehicle and camp site. Oh wait... They did anyways to cheats.

lol pointless argument is pointless.

• Like 1

More power to server admins is needed. Who cares if they ban innocent people, there are other servers. Go there and cry. Oh wait but they might lose their vehicle and camp site. Oh wait... They did anyways to cheats.

So guilty until proven innocent? Reminds of all the lynch mobs that used to burn people at the stake for bing a Witch. If you died, then you were human, and if you flew away you were a Witch.

But what are admins going to do? Ban the GUID? That can be fixed for like $10.

Also turns out there was no Witches. They all burnt to death....

So guilty until proven innocent? Reminds of all the lynch mobs that used to burn people at the stake for bing a Witch. If you died, then you were human, and if you flew away you were a Witch.

But what are admins going to do? Ban the GUID? That can be fixed for like $10.

Also turns out there was no Witches. They all burnt to death....

lynching = hanging not burning

and I personally think all servers should lock the doors for 48 hrs in protest of not being able to regulate the assets they pay for.

Dayz is going nowhere if server owners don't support it, which means someone better start supporting the server owners

• Like 2

Fix the hackers please, I can't even play anymore...

I am an admin for a clan Dayz server and we get hit daily now, please DayZ dev team, fix this, we can't do anything about it our self, their hacks completely bypass battle eye.

Battle Eye is useless.

• Like 1

I am an admin for a clan Dayz server and we get hit daily now, please DayZ dev team, fix this, we can't do anything about it our self, their hacks completely bypass battle eye.

Battle Eye is useless.

Did you just now realize Battle Eye is shit or did you notice 3 months ago when the experts warned people and got ridiculed?

Edited by Gaidoon

if u noticed and you will REALLY notice this. back in dayz 2-3 months ago you had 50+ diff us servers or probably 50+ us server always FULL of people u could never get in all having really good speeds like 50 or below ms. now u go to play dayz and ull be lucky enough to find a 50ms us server thats full u will only see like 1 or 2 of them then EVEN IF U PLAY u just get SERVERNUKED within the HOUR AT LEAST! arent u guys noticing the huge drop in average players? im sure the overall PLAYER AMOUNT is big but the average hourly player rate is completely cut in half, id say more than half its completely dying and it not getting any bigger than it was 3 months back, its completely worse.

You might be surprised that a large amount of DayZ players got angry at the people using scripts then started using scripts themselves and got banned i wish we could have a 1 time warning temp ban for these people as i feel they deserve a second chance for their mistake as the way things are going people are turning to hacks to equal the playing field or quiting the game itself.

Edited by Gaidoon

War Z will kick this piece of crap away pretty much soon. I am out of this playground for hackers. Idont think Rocket will ever handle it. most guys allready buyed and next we have to buy the standalone hacker playground from rocket... yeah never....

well sry rocket your idea was good and u spend lot of work but... go to hell with your hacker survival/pvp mod.

all my trust in a future for this is gone.

too much hyped.

too much worthless money spend.

too less help from bohemian etc. to theese problems.

its not a alpha its a hack sandbox.

cheerio

You might be surprised that a large amount of DayZ players got angry at the people using scripts then started using scripts themselves and got banned i wish we could have a 1 time warning temp ban for these people as i feel they deserve a second chance for their mistake as the way things are going people are turning to hacks to equal the playing field or quiting the game itself.

give my money a second chance and repay me lol.

and stfu with "u didnt payed for the mod... noob!" i payed bohemian that i can play a overhyped mod with too much hacks and without good help.

Edited by Kabs

Battle Eye is useless.

fully signed. we also have a server and cant handle anything with a tool thats totally crap. bypass and bypass again. this mod will die. i dont think they will ever get somth. against thoose bypasses.

Agree with Kabs. The funny thing is that DayZ has been out for a whlle now (not sure how long). You have to buy a retail game to play it and people are still throwing around that its alpha or beta. The first priority of any game system needs to be to ensure its integrity. DayZ and ARMA II have no integrity. If you can't trust the game system to prevent large scale and obvious hacks, there is literally no use in playing.

Ok, I have seen FAR FAR FARRRRR to many of these threads today and this week in general. If hacking gets any worse, then all of those threads saying the game is dying will actually have some real truth to them. We aren't there yet, but at the rate hacking is going now....it won't be long before dayz becomes hackz.

Please for the love of God ROCKET....stop the hackers!

I don't know how, I don't care how, but it needs to be stopped. Soon.

btw: I was hacked yesterday and lost a 6 day character with L85AWS and ghillie. Shot in the head from a teleporter who raided my whole CLANS camp. A very prominent clan in DayZ btw, who is being specifically targeted by hackers. We have pretty much had a hacking event everyday this week. Last nights was one of the more serious in terms of LOOT and items lost. But it pales in comparison to some hackers who just out right kill the server. At least I haven't been involved in something like that...yet.

Yea my clan has been "raped" by hackers since we updated the server to 1.7.2.4 we lost our heli which we had for 1 day and about 15 tents filled with gear and all of us were teleported to the airfield and ranover with a hummer. I've banned like 5 or 6 hackers so far but they just keep coming. It's just stupid

The DayZ mod probably would have been best suited in a different game if the ARMA2 engine has as many exploitable problems as people say it does.

people raging must remember this is an Alpha, its not a finished game for you to be complaining about. Its "take it as is", and try to help it get better.

thats all.

This has nothing to do with a game being in Alpha.

The hacking has been a problem in Arma2 for several years now. BI has never done anything about it, choosing to move on to create other games instead.

Hackers still get on the regular game servers a few times a week too but it's much easier to idenify and ban them when you play with a dedicated group of people and the admin is around every night. And, it really isn't that big of a deal to get hacked and blown up or die by the invincible warrior when you fight, die and spawn every few minutes anyway.

On DayZ, it takes hours or days to build up and you have a saved character across servers. The hacking destroys what makes this mod great and hopefully the pressure from the community will pressure BI and Battleeye to do something about it. It really isn't something that is in Rocket's control

people raging must remember this is an Alpha, its not a finished game for you to be complaining about. Its "take it as is", and try to help it get better.

thats all.

Yea I'm pretty sure we all understand is a alpha that's a ignorant statement . The fact of the matter is you can not test the game if every time you turn around some one is scripting the shit out of dayz.

5th night in a row of extensive hacking on UK 131. we've shut it down AGAIN.

really not happy now, so we're thinking seriously of jacking it in.

Can anyone at DayZ comment on hacking and what they might aim to do about it? allowing deathmessages=1 in the cfg (which dayZ disables) would be a basic start to this because we could deal with the hackers who are teleporting in and shooting players. not sure it would help with thunderdome (which happened to us tonight for the first time).

it is near to the end for us

Yeah the server I've been playing on has been getting hit multiple times a day. Pretty infuriating.... Might have to play something else for a while even though I don't really want to. Finally found a decent group of guys to play with. Spend a lot of time repairing vehicles just to get killed by an invisible teleporter. Every... Single.... Time....

Deithor, on 01 August 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

Fix the hackers please

What the I don't even.

You know like spay or neuter your pets.

Battle Eye is useless.

Same here, I'm literally not bothering playing between this hack epidemic and the artifacting glitch.

Same here, I'm literally not bothering playing between this hack epidemic and the artifacting glitch.

Not to mention the glitch where you delete files and you can see through objects it's undetectable because BE doesn't look for missing files only edited ones that's BE for ya.

Oh no, not another one of these threads.... Again......

Oh no, not another one of these threads.... Again......

well it needs to be said! the more people post the more chance of a fix!

I have been in this game for only few days... I have once for zeds, suicide and 3 times for a hacker.

We were(2) at mates body to wait him run back for his gear, out of no where I get shot in the head and second later my other mate.

We started to run back to the spot and we could get like 3/4 the way and someone again jumper us and shoot. This happened about 2 times at random spots middle of forest etc and then we left the server(was like 7 players on the server at the time, so 4 unknown). Other ppl on the server was continously dying too. Last time I did not die, I ran across the field and there was no one around when I was at the middle(looked around), suddenly almost at the other side someone started shooting me from behind and really close, managed to run behind the building and alt f4. Dont know how the guy was.

other day there was 2 unnamed(blank) named guys on the server and my mates got raped at the airstip by "mortars", flying cows...

I think it would solve some of the cheating(at least popular servers) if there were:

-More active admins

-Right to ban obvious skripkid/cheathead without too much of a fight with staying connected to HIVE(not to be blacklisted)

It takes lots of work from admins but atm there is nothing else you could do...they would get bored to the server that gets them banned everytime they wave their little virtual dck

-At least admin to see who kills him so can deal with it faster. On the other hand it would be good at this point that everyone could see the killer to provide more valid proof of cheater..

-players dealing straight to admin, providing proof for the admin to ban these idiots..

I think it there would be much less power abusing admins than there is cheaters at the moment..