machomanugget

GameSpy Dayz News - Standalone before xmas fail?

I bought arma2 combined ops JUST to play DayZ so in a way I feel quite bummed about wasting £25 on something that's going to be obsolete in a few months .. not good value for a game tbh

Left 4 Dead has special zombies, it's a good game. A lot of games have quests and they're still good.

So apart from the fact that WarZ won't compute with the idea you have of a good zombie survival game, tell me what makes of it a bad game when it's not even out yet?

I'd be surprised if you could come up with a legit reason. Come on, blow my mind.

Ooh, let me.

Pay to win.

In game store for:

Food

Water

Packs

Vehicles

Houses

Medical supplies

Bonuses such as:

getting your character out of their limbo system

XP bonuses

Other lame shit.

Again, only two interviews, a bullshit website, and some fake screenshots is all it takes to convince some of you that the game even exists. Sure.

DayZ was nice for some weeks as a mod but it dos not have enough content to make it a standaloen game.

You loose the facination after doing the same run to gear up and die somewhere aftr a few times.

Without content the mod gets boring after a few weeks....and since I know that already...why should I buy it?

How is that "..the...fucking...end.... "? So you thought Fallout 3 was a shitty game?...because IT had quests and not ALL of it "hostiles" were of equal strengths or abilities.

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot how awesome quests are!! Hey guys, Mrs.Johnson said she will reward us with Makarov ammo if we bring her 10 cans of beans, kill 5 special puking zombies, and bring back their zombie skins!! Get the fuck out bro...

• Like 3

After playing WoW for the last 6 years. I'll tell you this. Questing is shit and gay.

/loremaster Blindingsun out.

• Like 3

I bought arma2 combined ops JUST to play DayZ so in a way I feel quite bummed about wasting £25 on something that's going to be obsolete in a few months .. not good value for a game tbh

No problem you may find out that CIT and large scale PvP in arma can be as thrillign as DayZ but are lacking the frustration of DayZ

Luckily since the DayZ hype is goign down right now regular ArmA II servers are beginning to fill again...and for the first time in 2 years I see new players on the regular big public servers again... DayZ did it's job.

Just do not try to kill for gear on warfare servers the first time you log on into the HQ base...there's no need to.

Imagine trying to leave Nuketown with actual player bandits.

Imagine trying to get to any of the quest locations with player snipers waiting for you.

Still think quests are a good idea?

We're getting off topic here...but I'll say this and shut up. Essentially needing to get into to Cherno to reach a hospital for morphine is essentially a "quest". It's an unscripted quest granted, but a quest still. So to answer your question "do i still think it's a good idea?" Well It depends on the quests....in theory it COULD work. My point to Sticky was that "quests" and "varied classes of enemy" do not, in and of themselves = shitty game.

DayZ was nice for some weeks as a mod but it dos not have enough content to make it a standaloen game.

You loose the facination after doing the same run to gear up and die somewhere aftr a few times.

Without content the mod gets boring after a few weeks....and since I know that already...why should I buy it?

Rocket stated that he knew he would have to offer enough content to warrant a player to purchase the model. Which also leads me to say that the stand alone model is expected to be released by Sept-Dec which he wanted at around $15 dollars for early access following the Minecraft model.The expected release is not intended for the finished product i believe.

......... People who think WarZ is going to be good have read two interviews and saw a handful of staged pictures disguised as screenshots.

So have people who think it's going to suck. No one you are commenting has said it is going to be good. We are asking you how YOU know it's going to be bad? Comprende?

Ooh, let me.

Pay to win.

In game store for:

Food

Water

Packs

Vehicles

Houses

Medical supplies

Bonuses such as:

getting your character out of their limbo system

XP bonuses

Other lame shit.

Again, only two interviews, a bullshit website, and some fake screenshots is all it takes to convince some of you that the game even exists. Sure.

As I said. Things that you don't like don't make a game bad. Call of duty isn't bad for example.

Also Pay 2 Win is assuming paying actually gives you an advantage on other players so I say wait and see, I've read that it was only time saving stuff but I can't know and you neither. All this stuff you're talking about to my understanding would be useless in "Hardcore mode" since you lose everything everytime you die. Why would people pay for stuff they'll lose when they die?

You even go as far as to say the game doesn't exist. You'd better be right or you'll have made a fool of yourself.

Edited by Nucleqrwinter

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot how awesome quests are!! Hey guys, Mrs.Johnson said she will reward us with Makarov ammo if we bring her 10 cans of beans, kill 5 special puking zombies, and bring back their zombie skins!! Get the fuck out bro...

Game Over

I got an awesome idea, go play WarZ and dont let the door hit you in the ass

• Like 1

I got an awesome idea, go play WarZ and dont let the door hit you in the ass

Haha, nobody even said they thought War Z was good or that they wanted to play it or even that they didn't like DayZ. You just got called out for lacking common sense and being immature judging a game that isn't even out yet. Get your facts straight.

Hey guys was reading the gamespy site for the first time in about 10 years..

came accross this and news from Mr 2Guns "apparently" sounds alot different to what we have been hearing before, also what about arma3? wierd stuff none the less...

Headline of the item is

Arma 2 Mod DayZ on "Borrowed Time" Could Become Paid Standalone Game By Christmas

read more here including

designer Dean Hall, who says he won't be able to dedicate the time and effort needed to accommodate DayZ's nearly 1-million strong and growing community for much longer

Hall said that, with financial backing, he could add the required elements and make the DayZ transition in a few months and "certainly before Christmas

http://uk.pc.gamespy.../1225522p1.html

Thoughts? fears ? worrys? arma3?

Cheers,.

^^^Original Post^^^ Edited by playZ

We're getting off topic here...but I'll say this and shut up. Essentially needing to get into to Cherno to reach a hospital for morphine is essentially a "quest". It's an unscripted quest granted, but a quest still. So to answer your question "do i still think it's a good idea?" Well It depends on the quests....in theory it COULD work. My point to Sticky was that "quests" and "varied classes of enemy" do not, in and of themselves = shitty game.

It just seems like a terrible idea if we're required to go to the hospital to get medical supplies, which at the moment we're not. I don't need to go get morphine and I don't. The only time I do that is when I'm with my clan and I consider reasonably safe to do so. The rest of the time I go without because breaking my leg isn't likely. If you think Cherno and Elektro are bad now, just imagine if we're required to go there. It would be nothing but a massive death trap as bandits would know every player MUST go there. You'd see campers in nearly every corner.

Quests work well in a pve environment. Varied enemy classes, depending on how they're designed, can be either total shit or clever. I'm no interested in silly exploding zombies.

So have people who think it's going to suck. No one you are commenting has said it is going to be good. We are asking you how YOU know it's going to be bad? Comprende?

I listed that off champ. Look up or read more posts. Pay to win = fail. Comprende amigo? Look at the company making the game? Look at their "screenshots" and how shitty the perspective is. Look at their website and see where they're ripping their art. You only need to look at the track record of the company producing it, their claims, and the entire pay to win market to see it's shit.

As I said. Things that you don't like don't make a game bad. Call of duty isn't bad for example.

Also Pay 2 Win is assuming paying actually gives you an advantage on other players so I say wait and see, I've read that it was only time saving stuff but I can't know and you neither. All this stuff you're talking about to my understanding would be useless in "Hardcore mode" since you lose everything everytime you die. Why would people pay for stuff they'll lose when they die?

You even go as far as to say the game doesn't exist. You'd better be right or you'll have made a fool of yourself.

haha. alright man. Have fun buying gear in a "survival" game.

As for paying for gear that gives you an advantage... yeah man, a larger pack gives you an advantage. Magically appearing food and drink gives you an advantage. Medical supplies out of thin air = advantage.

Maybe you're new to the whole gaming thing but experience says pay to win always sprials into a bullshit land where the developers/publishers try to milk every cent out of a game as sales drop. Expect all sorts of stuff easily obtainable from their in game store.

99% of people who are interested in that game will not play hardcore. You can tell simply by looking at their post history.

The game doesn't exist. Show me a screenshot. A video. Anything. They're busy remodeling the character models from their other pay to win game.

Haha, nobody even said they thought War Z was good or that they wanted to play it or even that they didn't like DayZ. You just got called out for lacking common sense and being immature judging a game that isn't even out yet. Get your facts straight.

What facts? You got some facts for us about WarZ man? Why you defending it so hard? I dont have to present facts, the goddamn interview on the internet says its going to have quests, special zombies, and a full array or other World Of Warshit mechanics mixed into the zombie genre. My OPINION of the game is that it fuckin sucks, and the facts are in the interview with the developers of WarZ....You just got called out for lacking common sense and assuming my opinion was a fact. Get your facts straight.

Stuff

Well, you obviously know everything about WarZ's features, items accessible via micro-payment, how people want to play it and who these people who want to play it are.

You're even an expert on economic models and a jaded gamer who knows his shit.

I can't fight that.

I heard they are hoping to have something out in September for DayZ standalone, it'll be following the Minecraft model. If it ports over to ArmA III(which i'm sure it won't) I'm not buying it, I only bought ArmA II for the DayZ mod.

ArmA is going to lose a fuck ton of players when the DayZ standalone comes out. WarZ is going to suck, I feel bad for anyone who buys it.

Edited by Psychobob

What facts? You got some facts for us about WarZ man? Why you defending it so hard? I dont have to present facts, the goddamn interview on the internet says its going to have quests, special zombies, and a full array or other World Of Warshit mechanics mixed into the zombie genre. My OPINION of the game is that it fuckin sucks, and the facts are in the interview with the developers of WarZ....You just got called out for lacking common sense and assuming my opinion was a fact. Get your facts straight.

I don't care for WarZ, I don't even think I'm gonna like it. I'm defending it because it's stupid to criticize a game before testing it.

No need to play the "It's my opinion, respect it!" card, I'll be happy to hear your opinion once you'll have actually played it. ;)

Good job on using my own words against me, I really got told there. ;)

i've sunk around 200 hours into dayz. if dayz standalone costs 30 dollars, that means i'll have ultimately spent about 60 dollars (dayz standalone+arma2 oa) on dayz. that is, right now at this point in time $0.30/hr. that is many more hours than i spend on the vast majority of AAA games these days, and a pretty reasonable (hours of fun)/dollar ratio. how many hours of play have the people complaining about having to pay more for a dayz standalone logged? rocket hasn't seen any revenue generated from dayz yet (as far as i know), and has had to maintain a system capable of handling approximately 200k unique players per day. that is a very resource (time and money wise) intensive task. i also do not see arma 2 or 3 engine as a liability to the project. if he gets access to the source code, bug squashing will (in theory) be much more effective. others may disagree, but if you've spent a considerable amount of time playing dayz in its current form, ask yourself if its unreasonable to be asked to pay that potential dollar/hour as payback to the devs for the amount of entertainment you've gotten out of it.

• Like 1

I hope this is all "out of context mis-understandings." Otherwise my fear is that Rocket is buying into all the hype around his mod. Rushing out a product "before christmas" is clearly giving into the economic pressures of the industry. If not that then it's him trying to "cash in" while he has the chance and risking putting out something....."disappointing". That would be a shame.

Edited by playZ

I don't care for WarZ, I don't even think I'm gonna like it. I'm defending it because it's stupid to criticize a game before testing it.

No need to play the "It's my opinion, respect it!" card, I'll be happy to hear your opinion once you'll have actually played it. ;)

Good job on using my own words against me, I really got told there. ;)

You're logic baffles me...If someone wrote a column about buttsecks and all the great feelings that come from it and I said "To hell with buttsecks, its sounds painful and messy!" Then of course you chime in and say "Hey, dont knock it til you try it. By the way, you need to get your facts straight."

• Like 1

You're logic baffles me...If someone wrote a column about buttsecks and all the great feelings that come from it and I said "To hell with buttsecks, its sounds painful and messy!" Then of course you chime in and say "Hey, dont knock it til you try it. By the way, you need to get your facts straight."

I'm pretty sure if you did post that, then yes that's what most people would reply. :rolleyes:

And you'd also get anal sex fanboys. What a beautiful balance!

Excellent point....Sticky wins. Edited by playZ