Hey I feel like I'm starting to finally get used to this game but I still have one MAJOR question, what does the deer stand do or have in it? I really dont want to trek all the way out there just to find nothing and starve or get killed but I'm really curious. Just wondering if anyone could help me out and tell me why they are there and maybe even whats in them, thank you.

deer stand is just about the same as a fire dept, or atc tower. it's hit or miss, sometimes you get a dmr...sometimes you get 2 emtpy tin cans and chem lights. deer stands are worth hitting up if you are trying to avoid other players but want gear. usually a deer stand will spawn 3 zombies, and have 2 loot spawns in the stand itself.

• Like 1

In the real world you sit, wait and shoot game from them....thus the name dear stand. All sorts of stuff spawns in them, weapons, ammo, bandages and I found an entrenchment tool in one yesterday.

never found anything worth the trouble lol guess im all bad luck :huh:

Same, best i have found is an AKM and the m1014 with flash. Generally it is trash, chemlights, bandages, pepsi. I find it very hard to waste my time going to stands now..but i still fucking do, just in case i find the fabled deer stand DMR.. Ooooh look, another fukn pepsi !

It may have all kinds of millitary equipment, including guns, ammo, backpacks, tools like the GPS... Or it might have 1 chemlight, 1 flare and a bandage, it all comes down to chance...

Found a GPS in a deer stand near Bor yesterday. Definitely worth the trek. I have also found a DMR in the Berezino deer stand. It is TOTALLY worth the effort. Plus, here you go http://dayzmap.info/- Deer stands.

Edited by Aleksandr

Found an M16A3 (Not sure if that exact one) in one before - never again. Worth checking out if you're not in a hurry though.

-MONSTER

Found a map in one today, and an AK.

Some hunting knife, and just food/drinks/ammo

i used to visit tree stands like "connect the dots" on my way to a destination.

but really, i've only found loot worth picking up (a bandage, ammo i can use, maybe) in about 1 out of every 10. maybe even less than that. weapons, not so much.

so they are no longer targets of opportunity.

About the Zeds and Deer Stands - As the stands are usually on the edge of a tree line, you'll usually find the Zeds walking away from the trees towards the open. This makes it easy to creep up through the woods and the Zeds will spawn and walk away from you.

Sometimes the Zeds will spawn inside the legs of the stand and they'll be stuck. I've seen this a few times and have been able to shoot them if I've got enough ammo or if I've spawned recently and don't have a weapon I just move on to the next stand.

I've had pretty decent luck with them and I think they are well worth the time it takes if they aren't too out of the way to where you're going.

So far I've found a coyote backpack (sorry shaun I think I took yours) two AK-74s and an M14. I've seen lots of ammo for the military grade guns too.

I always make sure to catch deerstands on the way. Yesterday I hit the jackpot and found a MP5sd AND a DMR in one single deerstand :D

Of course that was just incredibly lucky.

Found an m1014 pump action shotgun and some slugs in 1 yesterday on my way to Berezino.. which i will never go to again... got trapped ontop of the hospital with only my lee enfield... Took out quite the number of zombies and escaped after a half hour though xD

But seriously, deer stands are awesome. Usually spawn 3 zombies though so watch out. I've managed to sneak around all 3 and just lead 1 into the woods and pop him in the head though

Got really lucky in a Deer Stand near Dubrovka yesterday. M4a3 CCO AND a DMR, with 2 mags each. Makes up for the Grocery store in both Berezino AND Krasnostav having 8 watches each and no maps, compasses, or hunting knives the same day, I guess.

no maps, compasses, or hunting knives the same day, I guess.

Played like 7 hours yesterday, cleaned out cherno and berezino, even went to 5 different smaller towns, 1 compass, no maps, 3 hunting knives, and loads of guns and ammo/flares/bandages... only found like 2 cans of food... OH! But i did find MOUNTAIN DEW :D :D :D

Hey I feel like I'm starting to finally get used to this game but I still have one MAJOR question, what does the deer stand do or have in it? I really dont want to trek all the way out there just to find nothing and starve or get killed but I'm really curious. Just wondering if anyone could help me out and tell me why they are there and maybe even whats in them, thank you.

Loot list says anything that spawns in any other normal military building (Tents, barracks, ATC towers, hangars) can spawn in deer stands.