Sign in to follow this  
resqman911

Everyone is a Bandit

Let me start off by saying this game is amazing, finally a sandbox to play in.

So I have been playing for a couple days now and have come to a realization.........Everyone is a bandit. I came into the game thinking I would team up with other survivors and try to survive. Well thats not working out so well. I have payed with my life too many times now. I have had people dead to rights, in my sights, only to hold my fire and have them one shot me. NO MORE!! I'm going Bandit.

From this point forward I will shoot first and ask questions later.

On a good note last night I was killed, when I respawned I could immediately hear a fly swarm, so I look around and find a dead bandit with a maxed out alice pack about ten feet from where I spawned. The DAYZ Gods smiled upon me.

Problem is, since they removed humanity it's just easier to shoot everyone you meet now (unless you actually know them ofc).

Which kind of removes the uncertainty from the game. If everyone is just assuming everyone else is hostile then the game is just 1 big deathmatch :/

I'm not a bandit, as a matter of fact if survivors shoot me I don't shoot back to show I'm no bandit, now if they keep shooting me and they haven't killed me with that first few shots then I will have no choice but to shoot back, then I know its someone wanting to become a bandit.. Those of you that grouped with me already know that I'm no bandit and play tactically.

So if you see Miami_BaT online then you know you can trust me (bandits of course will shoot on sight so who cares what they think, I know what to expect from them.) of course if your new or if I have never grouped with you I have to be cautious of you at first, I will not follow you though because I know there are decoys out there looking to draw victims, but know that if you group with me and need something just ask for it.. hell I'll give you the rifle off my back I can care less because I'm happy with my crappy pistol (not talking about the one shot revolver) so far its done me well! a Headshot puts zombies down quick! :)

Bandit, zombie hunting or scavenging, I'm down with it. its all about the survival. :cool:

I hope they put back the Humanity meter because I had ALOT of humanity, helping others and offing scumbag bandits.

• Like 1

So I have been playing for a couple days now and have come to a realization.........Everyone is a bandit. I came into the game thinking I would team up with other survivors and try to survive. Well thats not working out so well. I have payed with my life too many times now. I have had people dead to rights' date=' in my sights, only to hold my fire and have them one shot me. NO MORE!! I'm going Bandit.

[/quote']

I would do the same and I'm no bandit. If you see someone, ask them if they're friendly. If they don't respond (and you've made it clear who you're talking to), shoot them. If you, instead, aim your gun at someone without saying anything, they're going to respond by shooting you.

Also, only around 10% of players are bandits (statistics on the homepage).

There's no reason of doing anything else than killing other survivors, since because there's no downside of doing it, but the opposite: the first to shot will live for longer.

If you read about comments on this or any other forum, you only need a couple of days to figure it out (it happened to me too): you start with good whilling, you say "i do this, i'll team up with survivors to fight zeds.." and all this good stuff, but the second day, after you have been killed like 50 times for no absolute reasons (ie: having to precious item to make you a target), you understand that the only way to play is to kill anyone else, like any other FPS. At the moment, until something will be done (if it will be done) is pretty like a deathmatch, the zombies are only a fun "side dish".

There's no reason of doing anything else than killing other survivors' date=' since because there's no downside of doing it, but the opposite: the first to shot will live for longer.

If you read about comments on this or any other forum, you only need a couple of days to figure it out (it happened to me too): you start with good whilling, you say "i do this, i'll team up with survivors to fight zeds.." and all this good stuff, but the second day, after you have been killed like 50 times for no absolute reasons (ie: having to precious item to make you a target), you understand that the only way to play is to kill anyone else, like any other FPS. At the moment, until something will be done (if it will be done) is pretty like a deathmatch, the zombies are only a fun "side dish".

[/quote']

sorry but your wrong, I've been back stabbed more then 50 times, and yet I kept my humanity high because I didn't stoop down to scumbag level, BUT my experience with honest good players who really want to survive as a team outweighs the back stabbing ones, and yet here I am still not a bandit, or decoy.

I have seen a marked reduction in friendly request and responses. Since humanity was removed it has become more of a shoot first ask never game. I honestly believe humanity needs to come back fast. Yeah drop the skin for bandits but find some other negative to reward the evil. And in kind the same for the humane.

I have seen a marked reduction in friendly request and responses. Since humanity was removed it has become more of a shoot first ask never game. I honestly believe humanity needs to come back fast. Yeah drop the skin for bandits but find some other negative to reward the evil. And in kind the same for the humane.

agreed, that would very good.

It depends of what's your objective. If you want to play the game as a chat room, you're fine with respawn multiple time per day; but if you want to survive (take it as mission or a challenge, it's a zombie game in the end, surviving is key) then the only way to succeed is to kill anyone else.

If I remember the patch notes correctly humanity is not *gone* it is just no longer displayed and I believe Rocket hinted at it being incorporated into a new feature sometime in the near future.

If I remember the patch notes correctly humanity is not *gone* it is just no longer displayed and I believe Rocket hinted at it being incorporated into a new feature sometime in the near future.

^This.

Thats what happens when the mod got invaded by the COD kids that are contiuosly playing "pistol wars"( seriusly whats the point on killing someone on starting gear? . . .) on cherno and electro. Luckily there are still arma/opf veterans and even new people to the game that still tries to roleplay and not shot to everything that moves, and yes you can be a rolepaying bandit, but you would only kill when you would get something in change(a good weapon, you are in danger,...)

I have very little interaction with players. I don't kill, I don't get seen. If i'm spotted I vacate immediately. If I see a player..I don't annouce they've been seen (friendly near _____?). I just lay low, watch, and let them pass. I've had countless opportunities to kill without notice....that's not me. My role is loaner, I'm getting good at it. The world has gone to hell and I making it solo.

• Like 1

Yeah it has degraded a lot since the influx of what was so eloquently refered to as cod kiddies. Simple fix, you ready for this? Well look in the suggestion forum, it will get flamed no doubt by all the cod kiddies that will absolutely detest the idea. Lol.

The problem with removing the bandit skin is the communication system isn't good or fast enough to be able to know who your staring at at the tip of your pistol. Unlike in real life where you can call out and get an immediate response or read body language and expressions. Your left to typing and reading a response if you even get one. What happens if the person doesn't even read chat? The only fix I can see is improving the com system having to type every time you come face to face with someone is just to much work and likely to get you shot everytime.

Or put a small microphone or some sort of indicator on a person who uses their mic/direct com ect. Because without tags on you cant tell who your staring at and with tags on its impossible to be sneaky...

The problem with removing the bandit skin is the communication system isn't good or fast enough to be able to know who your staring at at the tip of your pistol. Unlike in real life where you can call out and get an immediate response or read body language and expressions. Your left to typing and reading a response if you even get one. What happens if the person doesn't even read chat? The only fix I can see is improving the com system having to type every time you come face to face with someone is just to much work and likely to get you shot everytime.

Or put a small microphone or some sort of indicator on a person who uses their mic/direct com ect. Because without tags on you cant tell who your staring at and with tags on its impossible to be sneaky...

Good thing direct chat will be fixed soon and your issue with not being able to communicate will be gone.

Yeah direct working will be nice.

OT: I'm not a bandit, and much of my work lies in arranging matters so that other survivors don't see me. However, if a guy doesn't have the courtesy to lower his weapon or at least not point it at me I have no reservations about dropping him. Thankfully that hasn't happened much, and the one time the other guy opened fire I was a dust cloud and he was being eaten.

I feel with the removal of the bandit skin- players who have killed in defense (became bandit skin) or did do a PK (bandit skin) are not stuck where they will act as a bandit due to their skin change.

A player can now decide to change their view/play style due to survival. So if you did a PK or kill in defense and want to change you can.

I still would love to booby trap my backpack so if someone PK me they will be injured and alert zombies in the area- plus the booby trap on my backpack would damage some of the gear in it. (of course you would need certain tools to make this trap)

This would help limit some PKing- or someone will think twice.

Yea, I think the system was better before. There needs to be a visual consequence for playing like a killer. If not, then MOST ppl will just shoot on sight. And teamwork in the game with strangers will be out the door.

I don't think you should get a bandit skin from simply defending yourself however. 1 kill in my own defense made me a bandit before. Even then, ppl still were willing to trust me.

I really liked the bandit system, but you always had to be nervous when comming across another survivor, not matter skin. Best thing you can do when meeting a stranger is to find solid cover, then you can decide whether to lower weapon, talk, run or fight.

Just FYI you all know that Humanity isn't gone right? It just isn't displayed anymore. He has future plans for the Humanity index, and i assume they will be big.

OT I've been one-shotted too many times by people with no regards for human life. I too am now becoming more calloused. Eventually i will become a mountain man where the only time i come out of the woods...is to kill someone.

Being in the Bean Wars locations doesn't really help at all neither. Apologies in advance if you happen to be a nice person on the receiving end of my slugs.

If people trust you in bandit... They will trust you in survivors^^

Some people don't want to kill for nothing but sometimes they need to.

But, Now, it s not sure the next time they will kill again... Human is not binary, not made of 1 or 0.

I love this new update for that reason... You really make your choices, not choices called by your skin. You re not a bandit, or a good guy, i think we are all survivors.

This patch is wonderfull, eccept for the framerate issue :/

Sorry for bad english, thanks for this incredibly fresh game.

By the way, I met two guys today, both really friendly... maybe they killed before, maybe not, I don't care, it worked and we separated after... the patch is killing nothing... maybe it will even help coop... Because if they got bandit skins i would have fired.

Mike

If i could play 24 hours i would. Once i get NVGs im probably going to stay in night servers.

If i could play 24 hours i would. Once i get NVGs im probably going to stay in night servers.

Yea same.