Sign in to follow this  
Anton17

Your favorite death?

Dying is the main thing to do in DayZ and we've all had our fair share of frustrating, clueless, betrayed and intense fire-fights ultimately ending in death. The rush of engaging with another playing is usually too strong to be able to better yourself of any post-emotions other than predictable anger and hopelessness. But now and then... a death comes along to remember.

I've had a few worth mentioning. One time I found a fully functioning tractor in the middle of a field near Polana. I had never driven on the Arma engine before, and I proceeded this by crashing straight into a tree. Today was one when I really took my hat off to the guy. I said to myself: "That was awesome!" and didn't feel the least bit of remorse, shame or burning desire for revenge.

I've been playing very recklessly lately, training myself up to be a proper noob (hey, we all die, I figured I'd get some practice at the hardest point and encounter more PVP) and have stuck exclusively to Cherno and Elektro, occasionally Balota airstrip. I had racked up a few kills in Elektro with the trusty Lee Enfield, a noob's best friend, echoing throughout the coast and I was on my way to Cherno for more of the same. On my way, passing through Prigorodky, I stopped off in a barn and was about to enter the next shed building, when I see a player in the doorway as I'm already entering the room. He didn't fire immediately, I suppose he was friendly, but enough experience has taught me that close encounters like that, without time to talk or proceed any other way, its kill or be killed. Two shots of my revolver he was a goner, and as I was looting his body I discovered he had a friend. That shotgun blew me away, and I headed straight back for revenge. I armed myself with a PDW with one clip, poor by any standards but it was all I had available. Upon arriving back at the same shed, the friends had met up again and were sitting crouching, I assume chatting over TS. I run in guns blazing before they have time to react and fire 11 shots on full burst with the intention to surprise and hopefully kill. It was a bad tactic and I was left with 4 shots left. I circled the entire shed with neither one of them following, opening a door on the way to distract them. I enter through the side door and they're both prone aiming straight at the front door I shot them through. Real poor tactics here and I was annoyed to die in this situation. There were three entrances to this shed and they're both aiming for the most obvious. I slip in and finish one by planting two shots directly into his head (the one I had killed earlier) and try to do the same with the next guy, but he hears me and turns to shoot as I run with empty ammo. I'm shot down and go back again, this time with a Winchester with 3 mags and an M1911 to make sure I do it right. I get there and neither of them are there and I presume my killer eventually succumbed to the wounds I gave him. Bodies were gone... no big deal, I have guns and its just a jog to Cherno. On my way out of town I see another guy immediately, with a shotgun in hand, running from three zeds. I'm amazed he doesn't see me, but he seems to be concerned with the once-were-humans. I take a shot and out goes his legs, he falls to the floor and immediately rolls as I struggle to aim at him through the grass. I was amazed by his quick response time, as he rolled down onto the beach letting the short slope protect him. As I'm walking a little closer, still firing to get homed in for the kill, and as the three zeds are busy munching on him, I see a black pellet catapult up and towards me. It takes me a second to realise its a grenade and another second after death to realise the range those things have. It was simply amazing. Seeing that frag fly up as he's being attacked by zombies and an opponent, with broken legs and using lightning reactions and quick thinking to not only roll away and provide cover in a seemingly open environment... but the fact that even through the intense rush of adrenaline and endorphins that release when fighting another player, he actually managed to remember he had a frag grenade, managed to switch to it without fumbling, and performed a hollywood moment of a throw directly at me... I was stunned. Totally in awe of that, accepting death totally and saying "Good on ya, mate" as I faced the death screen.

No hard feelings at all. I was bested by far in both reaction times and skill, even when I had the upper hand. Death really is a rewarding thing when you get it handed to you by a deserving opponent.

• Like 4

Probably the time when I ran around in Cherno in the middle of the night and threw flares at people. They couldn't see me, but boy oh boy could I see them...

Then someone shot me in the legs with a makarov, and him and his team had a fun time messing around with me. I kept throwing flares, and they kill me. Then someone killed them, due to the shots and the flares.

definitely right after i had found the only camo i've found in the game yet. went out to the outhouse to take a leak and broke my leg on the door. out of bandages and morphine i bled out in the freakin outhouse... sadly camo doesnt hide you from bloodthirsty outhouses...

Not too sure really, there are a few. Best one of the top of my head is probably this.

There was one time when me and my buddy were at Bolata airfield and a sniper opened fire on us, so we tried to flank him and we ended up shooting at who we thought was him, but it turned out he had a buddy as well. The sniper then popped out of his cover and killed my buddy outright and then turned his gun on me and nearly killed me, as I'm bleeding to death, they both approach me, I say over direct chat "You bastards, I'll come find you" and one of them replied "Good luck" and then hacked me to death.

Edited by Womb Raider

Well I logged on and me and my friend were going to raid Cherno, but some assholes decided to kill us, so being the people we are we tried AGAIN, and died, but the last time we learned where they were hiding, climbed the ladder and said "HEY FUCKER", fired a full mag of 1911 into the spotters back, after dying the sniper responded saying, "hey fucker, what?" shooting me in the face with an M14 AIM.

Edited by (SP)Ollowugbog

5+ team camping stary military tents vs 3 of us...

Their sniper kills our best sniper, so we know their sniper is in the big, red building. Lots of short range chasing into the hills, killing and running back follows. (I don't die yet, but I have no good gear.) I run around and around the red building - trying to get their sniper to stand up and shoot at me so that our sniper can shoot him. The guy keeps taking shots at me and missing, but our sniper can't get the shot. We're getting bored and I have nothing to lose, so I rush the building. I was hoping to make it inside so I could kill the guy. I was almost up on the building when their sniper hits me with the as50... but then like a genius, he walks out of the building and into the open to loot my corpse...

My favourite (well, most memorable) was...

Just recently spawned, went into a barn attracking none of the usual zeds and found a shiney enfield. Loaded up and noticed a lot of zombies chasing a newly spawned survivor. He runs to the barn, and i thought i would do him a favour and kill the flesh eaters. I started shooting them, and after about 3 shots i noticed an axe embedded in my back as he had snuck up behind me.

Mine was the time I stole a bus from someones well hidden camp, it was the first verchile I had found and decided to go from town to town and beep the horn.

I found some kind of army base and found a nice shotgun with something like 20 shells laying around.

I made a sprint and jumped over a fence...............only to have my legs broken by the barb wire on the other side, I lay there until I bled to death having no bandages

Edited by thelonewarrior

I love this one;

I was hanging around cherno with a lee, and i started getting shot at. Naturally, PRESS Z AND MOVE.

So I ended up on top a building, where I'd look for the sniper and kill him.

Well, I hadn't realized my 3 bullets left. BAM, nothing. Awww maan....

I was doing barrel rolls all over, knowing that death was stalking me.

I ACCIDENTALLY SHOT AGAIN. MIS-CLICK COMPLETELY. BAM.

One bullet left. GG. It's over.

Still rolling around, I was laughing by this point because he had never hit me....and then, BOOM, right in the legs. NOOOO

Bleeding. Rolling like a mad man. I rolled for a good 5 more minutes, and in my head, "Dododdo, dododododo, dododdo. dadadadodadado do do. dodododo. ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN"

Stood STRAIGHT UP. BAM.

OMFGWTFLOLMBAO HE DIED!!!!! LOLOLLOL

I do barrel rolls in celebration

- rolls off building, dies.

I'm checking gear in the back of the truck at our camp after I've found my second ever ghillie suit, right after I found my first ever suit and died at the claws of a Zed who got a lucky knock-out on me.

Truck starts up. Truck moves. I shout "Stop" on TS, I have my head crushed, knocked back a fair way into a tree and bleed out as some of my team look for my body.

Someone forgot to mention they were about to change the trucks position. (At least I got back everything except for my Ghillie, which after a month or so still haven't reacquired).

My favorite deaths are when inanimate objects kill me, It's funny being killed by a door in a zombie apocalypse.

Unfortunately the door didn't kill my friend, just broke his legs.

Sigh.

Hacker nuked the server.....

Never been in a fun firefight, as i usually die first, on the first or second shot...

This just happened to me;

It was allready my second ingame day with every nice items wich I was searching for for a long time and was just surviving really, when all of a sudden a wild bug appears! xD

Everyone in the server was suddenly cramped at 1 square meter and we were standing in mid air and all fell to the ground.. some were fast enough to alt+f4 but I wasnt >.<

me and many others fell to our deaths in this nice Arma2/Dayz bug

Hacker nuked the server.....

Never been in a fun firefight, as i usually die first, on the first or second shot...

Did that happen to you on a NL server?

Edited by TimMun

my 3rd death. I was in cherno trying to get supplies. Another player saw me and I bolted. I didnt have a weapon or anything but he was following me and I knew he was going to kill me. I had turned a corner and startled a bunch of zombies. The guy saw me and took me out with his rifle. Once he did that I think he realized he made a mistake because as the hourglass was running out for me, he got swarmed by zombies and actually died before I did.

I loved this death. Okay, so this was when zombies couldn't climb ladders, and I was on one of those elevated 'cat walk' things that need ladders to get up to, the ones around the construction sites, and zombies were swarming around me. I saw a survivor in the distance coming towards me, so I aimed my gun to his head, I had a clean aim, ready to shoot. But I stopped, and instead of shooting I typed out, telling him to leave the site and get to the nearest building and hide out their, that I was basically dead but he could still be safe. He took my advice and thanked me. I carried on shooting the zombies until i was out of ammo. From there, I managed to jump onto a roof and get to the docks where them crane things are with ladders going up to them, leading me to safety once again. I was on the first, exposed level of it, and there was another ladder going up. I head a gun shot, and looked around to see the guy I saved earlier. But he wasn't shooting me, he was running. I kept watching, and saw a group chasing him with massive guns, snipers, rifles, the lot. They stopped, and seemed to look at me, and opened fire. I was shot on the leg, but managed to get up to the second level/platform, which wasn't so exposed, it had kind of a case around but with massive windows, so if I was standing up my waist above would be exposed, but in any prone modes I would be safe. Once I was up there, I jumped on the floor in crawl and crawled to cover, hearing the bullets fly into me. I stopped to regain breath and heal myself. It then stopped for a minute or two, and so eventually I got up. Still safe. I went up to the third level, which was very high up and exposed. I stood up and looked over the view, the sun was setting and the trees seemed to flap in the soft wind. The sea lapped into shore, reflecting the beautiful sun. As I stood there, admiring the view, the sniper got a clean aim on my head, and I was shot, slaughtered before my time. That was my best death and my best DayZ experience!

I was overlooking Cherno, I had a sniper rifle and thought well wouldn't it be nice if I help protect new spawners from the Dead?

So I find a nice comfortable spot and watch for players in trouble (There was shit loads) so I start popping off Zeds trying to feast on said players, Gratitude was shown via the QE wiggle!!

Then some bastard comes up from behind my position with a hatchet (I had forgotten one of the laws of sniping, you know fire and move position)

So there I am on the floor and he Continues to Hack me limb from limb, I die.

Minutes later I am exactly where I died and my Body is untouched, all my gear is still there, so I load up and run like a loony, only to run into hatchet man again, At this point I'm thinking oh no not again!! he calmly walks up to me and salutes, He types back "sorry for killing you I didn't realise you were helping". It appears he saw a sniper shooting into town and thought another player killer, He apparently looked through his binos and noticed 2 survivors on top of a pipe like building wiggling like mental and lots of dead Zeds all over.

So feeling happy for once I start to walk off when he Kindly hacks me to death again,

He types again "sorry but it's in my nature"

I laughed and respawned

Then got shot by a sniper.

You couldn't make it up if you tried.

Got to say my favourites include static objects.

-A firefight in Zeleno left me with low blood and no bandages, accidentally pressed prone and turned in a doorway. Crunch leg broken and started bleeding, bleed out trying to crawl to the supermarket in search of bandages.

-Tried to board the ship wreck at Rify from another boat. Got crushed between either a wave or my boat and the wreck.

-Swam below a boat bridge and got crushed between a wave and the bridge. Swam bleeding to the beach and bleed out, while bandaging.

-Fell off ladder, climbing with a handgun several times.

You have to have a sense of humour about it.

Edited by Dallas

My first death was my favourite death. I was new to the game and very naive about how people acted, due to this the first play that I was I instantly said down chat "Hi wanna team up?", he replied with an axe to my face.

Some cool stories. :)

Glad to see death isn't always so serious.

I was a victim of a camp raid. They hit me a bunch in the legs and I hid behind a tree for the longest time after bandaging at about 5000 health. I had no more ammo, but I did have a grenade. To deny them the satisfaction of taking me I tossed the grenade bout 2 feet from me killing myself and it turns out I took one of them with me.

I just spawned, I was heading towards Cherno to meet up with my group. I was unarmed, and after making a detor, I went back to follow the road along the treeline. Once I got to a comfortable position, I saw another survivor with a hatchet running away from a zombie in the same direction as I was heading. I approached him once the zombie was dead, and yelled something along the lines of "Hey, bro!" He responded, I told him I was going to meet with my friends in Cherno, and asked him where he was going. I don't remember exactly what he said after that, but I remember him asking me if I wanted to group up with "us."

I felt a bit uneasy and told him, "No, I'm going to Cherno, with my friends." After I said that he started to swing his hatchet at me. I was caught off-guard, so I just kind of stood their, I started going down once I realized what just happened, and without thinking yelled out in direct chat, "Ahh you faggot," to which he started laughing at in direct chat.

I wish I knew what server that was on. I hold no hard feelings against the fellow, as it provided me with as much laughs as it probably did with him, and since I just spawned, it was only a minor inconvenience.