Sacrred

DayZ FOR XBOX 360!!

You do realize that Xbox controls would have to add a load of more buttons to play Arma right?

Wrong. Arma 2 supports the xbox 360 pad. I use it for vehicles.

The game would turn to crap and the esrb rating would skyrocket with cannibalism. Aside from that, the console won't even be able to run it.

Everyone keeps saying this, but my alienware has an easier time running Day Z than it does AAA titles like Skyrim or Deus Ex: HR. Even my desktop (3.4ghz, 8gb ram, with an average card like the GeForce 440 GT) can play it at an acceptable framerate at mostly maxed out settings (I disable postprocessing effects since it just obscures shit in the distance). Since the processor is only slightly better than the ones used on modern consoles, and the graphics card is much worse, I find it hard to believe that a console would have a hard time with Day Z.

Edited by Strogg

Everyone keeps saying this, but my alienware has an easier time running Day Z than it does AAA titles like Skyrim or Deus Ex: HR. Even my desktop (3.4ghz, 8gb ram, with an average card like the GeForce 440 GT) can play it at an acceptable framerate at mostly maxed out settings (I disable postprocessing effects since it just obscures shit in the distance). Since the processor is only slightly better than the ones used on modern consoles, and the graphics card is much worse, I find it hard to believe that a console would have a hard time with Day Z.

Hard to believe 225 square km would even run on a console. It won't happen, consoles won't run it. Maybe the PS4 and the new XBox will be able too, but that won't be for a while.

What are you smoking?

The Xbox 360 has a 3 core PowerPC based CPU running at around 3.2 GHz, and there's a reason no one uses PowerPC architecture these days: it's very much inferior to current x86 CPU technology.

The GPU is basically a supercharged X1800 card, and those were considered rubbish years ago.

Finally, it only has 512 MB of RAM.

The only reason more modern games can run on a console is because of heavy optimization, running at low to medium graphics, and other clever tricks like upscaling resolution.

Your PC smashes the Xbox in terms of hardware, unless your 3.4 GHz CPU is a Pentium D or something, but even then...

Oh, and with Skyrim, Oblivion, and Fallout, don't forget that Bethesda's games load separate 'cells' when the player moves through the map, rather than loading the entire map at once.

I'm not sure just how ARMA 2 handles running such large maps, but I suspect the requirements for doing so would be much higher than a console could handle, even with severe graphics optimization.

Edited by Duckman404
  • Like 2

What are you smoking?

The Xbox 360 has a 3 core PowerPC based CPU running at around 3.2 GHz, and there's a reason no one uses PowerPC architecture these days: it's very much inferior to current x86 CPU technology.

The GPU is basically a supercharged X1800 card, and those were considered rubbish years ago.

Finally, it only has 512 MB of RAM.

The only reason more modern games can run on a console is because of heavy optimization, running at low to medium graphics, and other clever tricks like upscaling resolution.

Your PC smashes the Xbox in terms of hardware, unless your 3.4 GHz CPU is a Pentium D or something, but even then...

Oh, and with Skyrim, Oblivion, and Fallout, don't forget that Bethesda's games load separate 'cells' when the player moves through the map, rather than loading the entire map at once.

I'm not sure just how ARMA 2 handles running such large maps, but I suspect the requirements for doing so would be much higher than a console could handle, even with severe graphics optimization.

Ah okay, thats some useful insight on the 360. I've been overestimating it this whole time (I assumed it had a better card since it performs better than the one in my desktop).

1) XBOX can't handle the stress this game puts

2) if they wanned arma on xbox, they would have made arma on xbox

This would make it world wide and more people would buy it if it was made for xbox... dont get me wrong i love pc gaming but i would love to see such a great game like dayZ on the console as an arcade game or what not.

look at minecraft xbox 360 edition and how huge it has become on xbox, its almost over taken CoD downloads etc and its played world wide because of pc influences.... dayz should definatley come on xbox because it would spread the name of dayz so far!

nope.avi

I don't know, I can't see the 12 year old CoD players having the patience for a game like Day Z. If you want to make things interesting, make it possible to cannibalize survivors. Then shit will get serious.

What the fuck does cannibalism add to the game? How are we any better than the zombies, if we eat each other?

This would make it world wide and more people would buy it if it was made for xbox... dont get me wrong i love pc gaming but i would love to see such a great game like dayZ on the console as an arcade game or what not.

look at minecraft xbox 360 edition and how huge it has become on xbox, its almost over taken CoD downloads etc and its played world wide because of pc influences.... dayz should definatley come on xbox because it would spread the name of dayz so far!

lol.. ArmA 2 inst for Xbox too, they would make a whole new ArmA so, tell it to BIS instead of DayZ

hey... in case you didnt know, Day Z is still in alpha testing, its not even in beta yet

how do we expect to release a game for the Xbox when we havnt steped out of the foothole of a alpha game, let alone into a full game insted of a mod for Arma 2?

Just read the title so i could come in and say:

NO!

NO!

NO!

NO!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well- Actually, it could- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

A. It's in VERY early stages.

B. That would mean putting the whole Arma 2 engine on 360

C. NO!

You do realize that Xbox controls would have to add a load of more buttons to play Arma right?

keyboard compatible?

No Then people will flood the pc servers and act like its cod And then well get more hackers who love ruining it for other people

No Then people will flood the pc servers and act like its cod And then well get more hackers who love ruining it for other people

You're saying that like it isn't already happening.

keyboard compatible?

Then why have it on XBOX 360 if you're going to use a keyboard?

Then why have it on XBOX 360 if you're going to use a keyboard?

some people cant afford a upgraded pc? idk ideas.

If you just made the map smaller(a little bigger than skyrim?) and made the capacity lowered, it would basically just be a scaled-down DayZ that wasn't glitchy and doesn't lag. It was the same deal with minecraft-could the xbox make the huge worlds the pc could? No, but does it necessarily HAVE to?

Then it would mean that you have to write the whole ArmA engine again for Xbox, then you'd have to rewrite most of the mod code. It's silly. Also I love how people say change the engine to cryengine 3, like you can change an engine like your clothes, more like trying to put an airplane engine into a Lamborghini, good luck solving that. For the really really dumb, changing game engine means total rewrite, starting from scratch. Minecraft was possibly for Xbox because Java(minecraft original language) and C#.net(xbox language) are mostly similar and the game has the engine itself. Overall, this DayZ at it's current state will not move to console, only if it would be totally rewritten from scratch either with own engine or using UE, CE or similar.

Controlling is not a real issue there are a lot's of creative ways to make it work right, not great, but it is definitely manageable. And saying that Xbox can't run PC games cause of the hardware is stupid, Try emulate Xbox360 on PC... then suddenly your PC can't run xbox games. The main difference is that when you program for PC you have to program for x thousand GPUs, CPUs, memory. In case of console you have a fix infrastructure, optimizing for one fixed hardware isn't that hard, and that's why console is still capable of surviving now, yes it can't have huge textures, that many object in one screen as PC does now, but that does not mean it's weak and could not run ArmA, in fact if BIs would write the engine for consoles, it would run smother (if done right of course) than it runs on PC. Good example would be Minecraft by changing language and optimizing for one fixed infrastructure it runs smoother on xbox then it does on PC. I'm not saying that it runs better than on a 64 core server machine, but I hope even trolls get the point. PC is superior to consoles, but because of consoles we are not going forward, because we are still waiting on them, and the sad part is that the new generation won't be much stronger either then the current one.

Edited by Tusk