Sacrred

DayZ FOR XBOX 360!!

haha i bet OP hasn't even played dayz because he's stuck with a POS console. either buy a real gaming machine or stick to youtube vids kid

Whereas i don't think it will come to consoles soon at all, the standalone once the Alpha and Beta is over and the major bugs are dealt with, i have a feeling the standalone will first be only ported to PC, but then eventually a Console version will be released i reckon, to give it to a wider audience, although i shall remain on PC :D

Even if the hardware of the xbox could handle the load you would need a gamepad with 100 buttons and four arms to control the game. And no written chat either.

Whereas i don't think it will come to consoles soon at all, the standalone once the Alpha and Beta is over and the major bugs are dealt with, i have a feeling the standalone will first be only ported to PC, but then eventually a Console version will be released i reckon, to give it to a wider audience, although i shall remain on PC :D

The standalone will still use the arma engine. And when it's developed on pc for pc ytf are you trying to port it to pc when it's already there? And no console version will be ever made of this game.

Edited by Tusk

many people tend to forget DayZ is just a mod, the resources this mod takes(e.g. engine) are mostly from ArmA2 which is made by Bohemia Interactive

to port this game to consoles, Bohemia would have to code the complete engine for consoles

for the small team of DayZ it is not possible to achieve this, you have to ask BIS if they gonna port it to console NOT the DayZ-team

For dayz to be on consoles, ARMA would have to be on your childs toy, or as you call them, consoles.... and that will NEVER HAPPEN. DAYZ IS A MOD. NOT A GAME. You cant put a mod on consoles without the game the mod is for on it first.

Don't get all the hate on this guy. Once DayZ is finished in development and is stand-alone, why not make it for Xbox?

First off i wanna say that. DayZ on Xbox is nearly impossible (For all the reasons everyone else said).

Like others suggested you could hook up your controller and play like that. But they all say you cant fully configure your controller and that is a false accusation. I would know because i have my 360 Controller hooked up and play DayZ just fine. I can preform every action in the game right from my controller (The only thing i cant do is scroll through the inventory GUI because when i push down it goes to the buttons on the bottom rather then scrolling down the list, so i have to switch to my mouse for 3 seconds when grabbin gear. Also typeing in chat cant be done without a keypad hooked up)

You have a PC use it. Dont try and push everything onto a console. Get a good enough PC and it will make 360 and PS3 look like MACs and you probably wont want to play games on your console anymore.

Don't get all the hate on this guy. Once DayZ is finished in development and is stand-alone, why not make it for Xbox?

Precisely. It is jumping the gun a bit, but consoles make a shitton more money and are far more accessible, so why not? There are plenty of buttons....

Movement and looking would be on sticks, B would switch stances, bumper(L or R) would switch fire modes, aiming and firing on triggers, chat would just be voice or a D-pad button, vaulting and interactions would be A, double tapping it would bring up actions menu( LIke mousewheel), X reloads, double tapping it activates free-look, Y switches guns, leaning would be like crysis 2, when you are near a wall you could peek out. or above, and lowering guns could be double Y, inventory could be the back button, menu would be start, and flashlight would be one of the bumpers. Did I leave anything out? Because I think I got all the main buttons I use while I play. You could always map out other things. And as I said earler, make the map smaller and the capacity about 25 and you got yourself an Xbox DayZ, free of elitist PC gamers ;)

Editing fail, hit the wrong button, proper post is below, SORRY FOR THE SPAM I SUCK AT THIS TODAY ;)

Edited by Quaby

Precisely. It is jumping the gun a bit, but consoles make a shitton more money and are far more accessible, so why not? ..

Engine choice-I am partial towards CryEngine 3, just because of graphics and I LOVE crysis 1 and 2, but the skyrim engine(not sure what it is called) could work well also. This whole thing would be a far in the future shin-dig, so time and amount of work will not be as much of an issue.

There are plenty of buttons...

Movement and looking would be on sticks, B would switch stances, bumper(L or R) would switch fire modes, aiming and firing on triggers, chat would just be voice or a D-pad button, vaulting and interactions would be A, double tapping it would bring up actions menu( LIke mousewheel), X reloads, double tapping it activates free-look, Y switches guns, leaning would be like crysis 2, when you are near a wall you could peek out. or above, and lowering guns could be double Y, inventory could be the back button, menu would be start, and flashlight would be one of the bumpers. Did I leave anything out? Because I think I got all the main buttons I use while I play. You could always map out other things. And as I said earler, make the map smaller and the capacity about 25 and you got yourself an Xbox DayZ, free of elitist PC gamers ;)

Why is it so hard for console gamers to understand how their outdated consoles can not run DayZ.... Arma 2 is a 3 year old PC game and it would make a PS3 let alone an Xbox 360 melt if it tried to play it.... Heck they had to dumb down Battlefield 3 to the point of uselessness to get it on a console.

• Like 1

Precisely. It is jumping the gun a bit, but consoles make a shitton more money and are far more accessible, so why not? ..

Engine choice-I am partial towards CryEngine 3, just because of graphics and I LOVE crysis 1 and 2, but the skyrim engine(not sure what it is called) could work well also. This whole thing would be a far in the future shin-dig, so time and amount of work will not be as much of an issue.

There are plenty of buttons...

You sir are the most idiotic of all. There won't be any engine change (only to RV4 from RV3), and RV won't be for consoles, going standalone does not mean, fuck the game I'll just rewrite the whole thing from the beginning for cryengine 3 until then I just waste my time with RV3. Also CryEngine looks better RV3 but not better then RV4. So nope, everything you said is a bs.

Nein Nein Nein! The Xbox can't even run current generation games without using 4 or 5 discs, how could it hope to load chernerus?

Wait a minute what about the ps3? >_> if it should go any console should be that plug a keyboard in it and a mouse and your good to go

ArmA on consoles?!! Oh hell no. Consoles are the lead weight of the gaming world dragging it down with them. Go away console kiddies.

For suggesting something like this i wish chronic diarrhea on you, this is one of the worst idea's ever. Consoles suck so much donkey dick. and the community that plays on them is even worse. could you imagine those little scrotums playing dayz and joining the forums ?. . and rocket has to handle a whole group of chode smoking bell ends as it is.

Even the next gen consoles will be out of date upon release.....

please pull this silly idea out of your mind and sell your console.

:D