Sign in to follow this  
Rising (DayZ)

oh my god i just witnessed a murder

i was camping the airfield cuz i know a sniper was there. he must have gone afk or something because i saw and tracked a newb holding a hatchet run towards the airfield. I was hoping the sniper would re adjust himself to pop his head up so i culd take him out. But as i watched (and prayed) for the newb who was looting around, eventually he made his way into the tower where the sniper was.... and i saw it all through the windows.... he hacked the sniper to death!! i was holy shit, holy shit! i didn't take the shot... i dont know if i was too frightened or if he simply deserved to live for that.

Who was this axe-wielding hero? I have some beans for him!

lizzy borden had an axe,

gave her mother 40 wacks,

when she saw what she had done,

she gave her father 41.

• Like 4

The axe put him into berserker mode. The weapon can't be put away until it has tasted blood

I think Lizzy might have done ok in Dayz :)

Axe puns incoming:

He axed for it :D

(He asked for it)

Edited by Sticker704

I think Lizzy might have done ok in Dayz :)

woohoo! thx for the beans lol :D

Wouldn't it be pretty cool if you could ID that player, note him as an axe murderer and remember it for later so next time you see him you recognize him as the crazy axe murderer from the airfield?

I think so!

• Like 1

Axe puns incoming:

He axed for it :D

(He asked for it)

Thanks for the explanation sir, well played indeed

Wouldn't it be pretty cool if you could ID that player, note him as an axe murderer and remember it for later so next time you see him you recognize him as the crazy axe murderer from the airfield?

I think so!

I think the issue is tags in general completely ruin this game. At the very least I still want to be able to make a group and at least have tags enabled for my own group (simulate ability to recognize your friends).

It would be pretty cool if you could have unique skins that you could apply to players and mark them that way. So if you see a bandit you can give his skin a reddish hue or whatever (again, simulate recognition without ruining the game with tags).

LOL why would you go AFK long enough to get killed like that in NWA. Must have been a noob wanna be bandit.

I think the issue is tags in general completely ruin this game. At the very least I still want to be able to make a group and at least have tags enabled for my own group (simulate ability to recognize your friends).

It would be pretty cool if you could have unique skins that you could apply to players and mark them that way. So if you see a bandit you can give his skin a reddish hue or whatever (again, simulate recognition without ruining the game with tags).

Being able to mark other players like that wouldn't be very fair imo. If you can give a bandit a reddish hue, that would automatically make him extremely easy to see because almost everything else in Day Z is green or brown.

Being able to mark other players like that wouldn't be very fair imo. If you can give a bandit a reddish hue, that would automatically make him extremely easy to see because almost everything else in Day Z is green or brown.

Yes that was just an example. The point would be to be able to put unique identifiers of some kind on players you've seen so you can recognize them again. Something differentiable that doesn't highlight from behind trees/bushes/terrain/etc like tags.

If we can customize our characters, then we can identify and remember other people.