darkduke606

Performance Drop; 1.5.8.2 Hotfix

Can we go return to 1.5.7 using six-updater? I just bought Arrowhead yesterday and now im getting around 8 fps :(

Stuck at 8fps no matter what in DayZ, having ~60fps in regular arma.

AMD Athlon II X3 445

4GB ram

Win 7 64b

ATI HD 5770

I've gotten this too, the game dropped to 5 FPS at one point (Or less) took me a few minutes for the starting location Text to appear and disappear.

Got performance problems here as well. One thing I noticed is that when I load far away from stuff in open field then it works okay, but when I load in middle of village I get unreasonably low FPS which doesn't improve when I leave the area.

And yes, starting location and day alive in the bottom right corner appears\disappears super slow, like one letter per second.

Anyone tried to use (different) startparameters or to set the priority of the DayZ .exe higher?

Well I don't know if it will work for anyone else, but I was having problems across all games with frame rates, so I re-installed my drivers (Nvidia GTX 560 Ti). Beta drivers that is, but I also reinstalled Arma2:OA and my frame rates returned to normal. So I'm not sure which actually fixed the problem exactly.

I can't find the pattern here, most of us have completely different systems so I wonder what the problem might be. Maybe a memory leak?

I too am also having the performance drop. I used Fraps to test frames before this update and I was runing at a smooth 40 to 45 frames on High graphical settings. Now I get anywhere from 10 to 18 no matter what my settings are at, either low or high...

I'm also having a terrible drop in performance, making the game unplayable. Single-player runs perfect 60fps. But as soon as I go into a DayZ server it takes a dump. No matter what I did to the settings it didn't change, and I have a GTX 560, 8gbs of RAM, a 6core processor, I run Crysis at high settings. This is disappointing, I've only had the game since yesterday evening.

Small update, i came back to the place where i was having fps drops (on a diffrent server than before) and the game was running ok. Seems like the issue is periodical (or at lest was for me)

No performance drop for me, but my friend had bad FPS troubles but after a CCleanup and a few cleaning programs and BAM worked fine again.