I'm happy with my community, but I certainly do love this concept. its a nice 'objective'

I have no intention of leaving my current community, but by all means, If you need numbers for anything, and youd let a non regulator tag along, im down (l85a2/m4sd) to fight!

for lack of anything more inspiring..

'Be the change you want to see in the world'

acting like a bandit dick just because others are, or cos you can.. thats no way to be.

The only reason I'm asking for the tag is that the ideals will spread faster as we will seem more like an unified group. That being said, if you want to keep your freedom, who am I to say otherwise - what is important is that you play to protect, tags or no. Good to get you aboard.

-O

Edited by Oldtribe

*facepalm*.

This is how this scenario plays out:

Regulators: "HURR DURR LETS GO LIBERATRE ELEKTRO FROM BANDITS!"

Regulators: "LETS CHECK OUT THE FIRE HOUSE"

*AS50,DMR,M107 fire*

Regulators have been killed.

regulator respawns

Regulators: "HURR DURR LETS GO SWEEP DA FOREST FOR BANDITS NEAR ELEKTRO!"

regulator enters forests and begins sweep.

*Sniper spotter unloads SAW/Assault rifle into regulators*

Regulators have been killed.

Bandits are far more organized than any group of survivors that is not set on PvP, and those survivors that are generally KOS the first survivor they see with a gun.

It took the Wild West many years to overcome it's moniker. The law still came.

• Like 1

It took the Wild West many years to overcome it's moniker. The law still came.

The dead, stayed dead in the Wild West...

• Like 1

In my opinion, Oldtribe, if you haven't already, you should make a thread for this in the Survivor HQ forums. Though it'd be in the interest of our 'posse' to keep this thread going, most people looking to don a tag before their name (join a clan/group) go there. We may get more members if we have a thread there as well.

It all sounds great to me. I don't care if it's technically, a 'new gang' as it'll balance out the bad behaviours of the bandits.

• Like 1

what you need to do, is pick out a sever and make it your home. band together, try to make the majority of the server pop your members, take a town and declare it safe area, set up a camp.

Just what I was going to suggest. Form a server of the Lawmen.

Just what I was going to suggest. Form a server of the Lawmen.

I think the goal of the Regulators, is more symbolic. It's less about bringing laws to all of the servers, and more about standing up against the majority of players -- those who just kill on sight. It's more about spreading the message that some people are still good, some people aren't murderous. At least, that's how I view it and treat it

Relevant story incoming: Yesterday, I was looting the fire station, I heard flies and I found two dead bodies. I figured they'd been dead for a while, because I hadn't saw nor heard anyone nearby. I left the fire station and headed away, making the journey to Stary, when I was shot and hit for like 4,000 Blood. I turned around, and saw someone on top of the fire station. I had an AK-74 Kobra, I returned fire to try to pin him down, headed back into the fire station and bandaged up (from 12,000 -> 6,000 blood). Had to kill a boat load of zombies, then I typed into direct chat: "If you wanted my stuff, you could have just asked! Learn some manners!". To my surprise, my attacker responded "sorry".

We got to talking, and he informed me that this was his first day, every player he met had attacked him, apparently he managed to get his hands on an AKM, so he was just killing people on sight to avoid dying. He hadn't met a friendly person yet. He said he was coming down, and I thought for sure he would try to kill me -- but I had decided long ago, if I suspected they may be innocent, I would not fire under any circumstances. To my surprise, yet again, he did not kill me. We talked, and he was interested in cooperating with me, to regain the blood we had both lost (him from other players), I had a hunting knife, matches, and an axe, so we went off in search of wild life to gut. He never betrayed me -- unfortunately, he disconnected while we were going to start a fire after getting some raw meet.

Family (the guy's name) if you happen to be reading this, this is [Regulator] Curt, I'd love to play with you some more. Private message me if you read this and are interested.

Back on topic, I've noticed, new players are not getting to experience DayZ in all its glory. They're not having the joy of running into some random dude and joining up with him... 9/10 players would have shot that guy when he came down to meet me, and 9/10 guys would have shot me after coming down. It was a very lucky thing that neither of us really wanted to kill each other. I hadn't met a friendly in weeks, I hadn't had that much fun in weeks. If the regulators *really* catch on, and others like them, maybe we'll be able to help make the game a little less kill on sight, and a little more cooperative. Right now the game is a one way slaughter, friendlies die, bandits prosper, friendlies become bandits. If more people make a stand, then maybe, just maybe, we can help bring the true and full Day Z experience to more new players. I think everyone agrees, the state the game is in, is no where near as good as it could be. Bandits don't enjoy killing as much (its lost its novelty) and friendlies can't enjoy anything, cus they get shot in the face.

• Like 2

This should really happen it would make the mod so much fun. Especially when you have a firefight with bandits it will be amazingly intense making it for a better experience. I completely agree we shouldn't rule out bandits but give them something to struggle with.

... free traders ... a response to the wild west banditry...

We don't get bandits. We get hackers, exploiters, and ghosters. I wish we had wild west banditry.

DayZ has the potential to be something amazing; emergent gameplay and player driven content are the future of gaming. Sadly, the games industry has for the past 10 years built a breed of gamer that can only get off by being a troll. The Lord Rocket tells us in his scriptures not to call them "CoD kiddies", but I find that to be a most apt term.

I loved the DayZ community several months ago. I remember being able to walk up to another survivor and not get shot at. Now we've got 600,000 assholes trying to ruin 100,000 peoples days. For every good person, there are 6 pieces of filth. I'm sick of what the community has become.

/rant

Edit: If you are going to try this, be ready for the idiocy. Try not to let the filth get to you like it's gotten to me tonight.

Edited by Publik
  • Like 5

We don't get bandits. We get hackers, exploiters, and ghosters. I wish we had wild west banditry.

DayZ has the potential to be something amazing; emergent gameplay and player driven content are the future of gaming. Sadly, the games industry has for the past 10 years built a breed of gamer that can only get off by being a troll. The Lord Rocket tells us in his scriptures not to call them "CoD kiddies", but I find that to be a most apt term.

I loved the DayZ community several months ago. I remember being able to walk up to another survivor and not get shot at. Now we've got 600,000 assholes trying to ruin 100,000 peoples days. For every good person, there are 6 pieces of filth. I'm sick of what the community has become.

/rant

Edit: If you are going to try this, be ready for the idiocy. Try not to let the filth get to you like it's gotten to me tonight.

I agree 100%, I was actually surprised to not get shot by someone. That has not happened to me for weeks... I survived an encounter with a fairly well armed survivor, that's just shocking. I feel so bad for new players, we got lucky, we got to see Day Z before "kill everyone" became the new way of enjoying the game. Love this game, really love how much Rocket has put into it... but we need something to stop this -- fast.

Anyone else notice that we had 240,000 some players in the last 24 hours like 7 days ago, and now it's at 184,000? I really hope there's a good reason for that :/.

Yeah, hackers, cheaters, ghosters and such are a part of the game we as players cannot really do much about. Luckily, we all know how they operate (ghosters being one of the main reasons I think Regulators or any vigilante groups should not have fixed bases) and can adapt our game style to minimize their impact on the game we love to play.

I always talk about bandits as an enemy, but let me be absolutely clear: I LOVE BANDITS. I love the fear they put in me, I love the challenge they give me and I love how they inspire me (and some of you guys here too) to start roleplaying as a lawman. So bandits, please don't go away :D

I loved your story, Brad - how about we spam this forum even more and start a topic where any of you guys who've decided to take part in this little scheme of ours can leave reports and share stories about how your game is going? Every time somebody who's getting fed up with the treachery reads about something more positive for a change, we'll make a tiny bit of difference in where this game is hopefully headed.

My last night's ranging was pretty uneventful - patrolled Stary and NWAF but miraculously didn't find anything except zombies (who almost tore me to pieces btw) and a couple of tents...I guess next I'll head down south. Did manage to score a BIzon from a heli crash though, so not a complete waste of time :D

-O

• Like 1

Yeah, hackers, cheaters, ghosters and such are a part of the game we as players cannot really do much about. Luckily, we all know how they operate (ghosters being one of the main reasons I think Regulators or any vigilante groups should not have fixed bases) and can adapt our game style to minimize their impact on the game we love to play.

I always talk about bandits as an enemy, but let me be absolutely clear: I LOVE BANDITS. I love the fear they put in me, I love the challenge they give me and I love how they inspire me (and some of you guys here too) to start roleplaying as a lawman. So bandits, please don't go away :D

I loved your story, Brad - how about we spam this forum even more and start a topic where any of you guys who've decided to take part in this little scheme of ours can leave reports and share stories about how your game is going? Every time somebody who's getting fed up with the treachery reads about something more positive for a change, we'll make a tiny bit of difference in where this game is hopefully headed.

My last night's ranging was pretty uneventful - patrolled Stary and NWAF but miraculously didn't find anything except zombies (who almost tore me to pieces btw) and a couple of tents...I guess next I'll head down south. Did manage to score a BIzon from a heli crash though, so not a complete waste of time :D

-O

Sounds sweet! Hope that people keep joining, getting a large group going would be amazing.

Edited by Brad_B

Hopefully this gets bigger, but you'll definantly need a way to be unified. Treat it as a clan and not a collective belief, and it'll be much easier to grow. Perhaps have patrols sent into bandit territory, etc. Would be quite fun to see.

I'm a bit of a dark grey, so I won't be joining the cause. I tend to turn to banditry more times then not, though I may help someone.

• Like 1

Ideally the Regulators would be made of small bands of players within the same geographical region (to keep pings average and make alerting others easier) - the ideal patrols would be friends who already play together boosted with a few independent Regulators that are available to help.

Think of the organization model a little bit like the Hells Angels or other motorcycle clubs - they are independent, but follow a mutually-agreed set of rules. They get together on a larger scale every now and then to swap stories and party, but mostly each Chapter runs it's area of operations it best sees fit. In a similar fashion, Regulator Chapters could be led by an experienced guy with a good tactical eye and helped by somebody who handles the comms so people in that area currently playing can be contacted when needed (actually, this guy is the most important link in the chain). They'd have their own teamspeak, skype chat, steam group or whatever they decide to use and play in any way they see fit with the caveat of abiding to the Regulator code of conduct. If some of them wanted to form a tighter clan and pull tougher ops, no problem. If other chapters consisted of lone wolves who don't want to go through all the hassle of finding everybody, talking about plans and doing the whole hoo-hah thing, that would be possible as well. Nobody is excluded if they agree to follow the Code. :)

...and Ratfever, sorry to hear about that but beans for your honesty - I hope the Regulators will make your game just a little bit cooler too :beans:

-O

I was called Regulator in game before noticing this topic. I agree with all the Regulators stand for as its exactly how i wanted to play myself. So consider me joined up if you'll have me. Changed my in game name to Grey Warden now. I often play with Lonewarrior and he introduced me to this 'clan' (i hate the name clan reminds of COD too much). We try to help people as much as we can and will help those who are being shot at by Bandits (if they are unarmed etc).

Hopefully you will have me and we can start dishing out some RETRIBUTION!

• Like 2

Sounds like a nice way to run a clan, only issue is having a chapter go AWOL every now and again. I would reccomend contacting some smaller clans that are less established in the community, and offering them a spot into your organization.

And the regulators certainly will make life much more fun for me. I'd love a good fight against some of your men, and can't wait to run into a group of them.

I was called Regulator in game before noticing this topic. I agree with all the Regulators stand for as its exactly how i wanted to play myself. So consider me joined up if you'll have me. Changed my in game name to Grey Warden now. I often play with Lonewarrior and he introduced me to this 'clan' (i hate the name clan reminds of COD too much). We try to help people as much as we can and will help those who are being shot at by Bandits (if they are unarmed etc).

Hopefully you will have me and we can start dishing out some RETRIBUTION!

Welcome to the fold, Brother Grey Warden! Here's the (slightly updated) Regulator creed:

1) Let your presence be known and actively help out survivors in the servers by offering protection, healing and food

2) Never kill for personal gain, vengeance or loot

3) Be ready to help out your Regulator brothers when called upon

Honored to have you aboard, spread the good word!

-O

• Like 1

Sounds like a nice way to run a clan, only issue is having a chapter go AWOL every now and again. I would reccomend contacting some smaller clans that are less established in the community, and offering them a spot into your organization.

And the regulators certainly will make life much more fun for me. I'd love a good fight against some of your men, and can't wait to run into a group of them.

If this really caught on, and there were AWOL Regulators... that'd be like the coolest thing ever. It'd be such a cool RP experience -- to have to hunt down your own who've gone corrupt.

• Like 2

If this really caught on, and there were AWOL Regulators... that'd be like the coolest thing ever. It'd be such a cool RP experience -- to have to hunt down your own who've gone corrupt.

I was thinking about joining and playing dirty cop, but guess that isn't possible now. Haha.

Hey - it's all about your personal integrity. I think having traitors in our midst (and adapting our tactics to deal with them) would provide some awesome game experiences! That's why we're here anyway - this game makes you actually give a shit :D

-O