rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

I am happy rocket is doing something against the piece of shit DCers, however. How will this effect DCing after death because their body sinks into the ground and you can't loot them

I am happy rocket is doing something against the piece of shit DCers, however. How will this effect DCing after death because their body sinks into the ground and you can't loot them

Many people are either forgetting or haven't read that the main reason to disable RESPAWN button isn't to appease those wishing to loot killed survivors but to lessen the stress on the hive server which is causing massive amounts of "problems".

See how it goes 1st before demanding that it not be removed.

Reasons given to keep respawn are often rare occurances and though a nuisance for those experiencing them yet still mild in comparrison to the potential benefit of not having 1000's of people repeatedly respawn until a favourable locale is eventully found.

Btw this is an exploit, little difference than Alt-F4ing to avoid death at the hands of a killer/bandit.

Other causes of dropping in and out of servers could also be fixed with a better server ui that clearly shows server settings, times and versions, making server selection a 1 off action rather than a multiple attempt gamble.

Yes Commander exists but not all use it and although better than the server ui it has flaws.

[...] Other causes of dropping in and out of servers could also be fixed with a better server ui that clearly shows server settings, times and versions, making server selection a 1 off action rather than a multiple attempt gamble.[...]

Server settings are but one part, with my friends we constantly have to jump servers up to 10 times when starting to play because servers are choopy for one, then doesn't start for other, one gets stuck at loading and so on. It takes several attempts to find one that works for the 5 of us. I'm the most affected since I live pretty far from the US, but is not a ping issue, since I can have dramatic differences in performance in several servers with equal ping.

Edited by Miltrivd

Technically speaking does anyone knows why the "create character" is so database intensive ??

5 second "idle" time upon disconnect, player will sit down during this.

Will we be able to see the character during this 5"? What if we get killed by some sniper in that 5", will we restart next day with the "Male or Female" dialog with no idea what happened?

Just thoughts on user experience from a fellow developer and big fan of DayZ :-)

God I hope it's soon. The servers are gonna be flooded until more update. And I don't want that to happen on the weekend.

Rocket said that he wont do an update on a friday or weekend, earlier in the thread he said wednesday or thursday it would come out and if not then it would be here on monday

• Like 2

FIx the accessing the gear on the bus. Maybe try to lessen the Desync issues? Oh and more customization =)

Technically speaking does anyone knows why the "create character" is so database intensive ??

Probably cause hive is constantly being updated with every small item a user obtains or uses and retrieving info from it takes time.

Edited by thegr8anand

maybe every respawn needs to delete first all entrys of your character in the database, then set up all entries new, imagine 20'000 people are doing this at the same time for 10 minutes until they have the spawnpoint they wanted.

FIx the accessing the gear on the bus. Maybe try to lessen the Desync issues? Oh and more customization =)

What's so wrong with it? It's quite simple to do. Enter as driver, then switch to backseat.

Currently testing:

5 second "idle" time upon disconnect, player will sit down during this.

Would this have any effect on bodies disappearing when someone Alt+F4's as they die/before they die?

Rocket one more thing that needs to be fixed when you log into a server, is when it says ''setup completed'' in a black screen, the character is already in the game for some seconds completely visable and of course an easy target cause he is still in a black screen... Also if i left my character prone the last time i played, when he logs on again he is stand up and prones later with a result of been seen + the noise he makes when he is proning again ...

• Like 3

Would this have any effect on bodies disappearing when someone Alt+F4's as they die/before they die?

Won't disappear for 5 sec. You should kill them in that time.

Edited by thegr8anand

just got killed by a hacker after my 10 hour journey to NW airfield. Great. I went there and said friendly and he wasn't aiming at me. Then he turned around and stood still for a few seconds and suddenly i died. No shots were fired or anything. We were in a building so no one else could have done it.

hacker? more like lag.

Are tents are helicopters still planned for this update like they were 90-ish pages ago? We have no word of them and its not on the list yet

I would like to know this too! We need this!

Will we be able to see the character during this 5"? What if we get killed by some sniper in that 5", will we restart next day with the "Male or Female" dialog with no idea what happened?

Just thoughts on user experience from a fellow developer and big fan of DayZ :-)

So you like to logout for ex. on the center of NW Airfield ? If u logout in any building or in forest laying down, u cant be shot, lol. 5 seconds is enough to shot that alt+f4 ppl escaping.

People from the future:

post-29978-0-89554600-1343302431_thumb.p

Edited by Roboserg

Won't disappear for 5 sec. You should kill them in that time.

Killing them isn't the problem... I've have several instances where I killed someone, watched them fall down, and I received a murder. Yet they could still make their body disappear simply by Alt+f4'ing.

Killing them isn't the problem... I've have several instances where I killed someone, watched them fall down, and I received a murder. Yet they could still make their body disappear simply by Alt+f4'ing.

Happened to me yesterday. I killed a nab a got a murder yet his body disappeared. It should be fixed asap.

Well, Rocket is being terrible with communication

He has more posts then most of us Mr. 8 Posts

So you like to logout for ex. on the center of NW Airfield ? If u logout in any building or in forest laying down, u cant be shot, lol. 5 seconds is enough to shot that alt+f4 ppl escaping.

Sorry mate, I don't understand what you're asking?

I always prone under brush or trees when I exit. My concern is what happens if something kacks out with my Internet connection, etc and I'm prone crawling in the open. Will I end up crouched? If someone blats me while I'm crouched/sitting will I get to know about it?

None are silly questions, the game is a work in progress. Just asking for clarification.

He has more posts then most of us Mr. 8 Posts

and? he is the dev. he have to say something or he will lose the community. i am thinking to stop playing dayz case of this terrible communication. I feel like nothing here. I can report Hackers how much i want and they will not get a ban. He put suits out of the loottable and dont say anything. He dont say "oh we need more time". Its not a problem if he say it but he dont care!

EDIT: and he dont ask like: "oh do u think its a good idea to disable the suicide button?" ... he just do it and dont care. he is not a good dev!

Edited by foo2bar

To prevent people from suicidally running into some zombies asap if they don't get their desired spawn point on the new 1.7.2.4 patch, survivors should maybe spawn off the coast in that rubber boat (the PBX) with very little fuel to at least move closer to where they want to be.

The server would have to clean up those boats regularly to prevent boat spam though (could be explained with the boat being too damaged to use anymore). Also, the fuel should only last for maybe a minute or so.

I think this compromise would prevent people from suiciding without giving them the ability to outright choose their spawn point.

Rocket one more thing that needs to be fixed when you log into a server, is when it says ''setup completed'' in a black screen, the character is already in the game for some seconds completely visable and of course an easy target cause he is still in a black screen... Also if i left my character prone the last time i played, when he logs on again he is stand up and prones later with a result of been seen + the noise he makes when he is proning again ...

^ this