rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Real proud of what you done with this mod Rocket. Not that your looking for my approval.

Im glad I found and paying your mod. I was realyl going to give up on gaming untill I found this.

Keep up the good work homes..

PS.

Vanilla Ice dude? \m/

DontPanic.jpg

Fair enough. But you do understand why people would be worried about bans for completely legitimate actions that could be misconstrued by an automated system as being inappropriate play, right?

Thing is, as Rocket pointed out, these players who indulge in this activity as server hoping as usually indulging in other illegal acts. These flagged accounts can then be analysed for other activities thus making it easier to catch these players. Think of it as a stop and search in real life, not everyone is concealing a weapon but it's better to check everyone just to make sure.

Why do people need to shoot themselves to repsawn? If you don't like where you spawn, it's faster to run to the nearest group of zeds and let them kill you, then it is to find a gun, and commit suicide.

Fair enough:

You guy's dun gone broked the tents!

Basically, there is an issue with tent number 1 million + because the ID is being stored wrong by the database.

Fixing it, for this update. Will go on the changelog once confirmed.

SmileyCampfireWeinerRoast.gif

To the respawn button deletion comments:

This is a realism mod, you and your friend you meet up with need to grow a pair and learn to navigate.

• Like 9

I understand your point, and not disagreeing with the fact that it can become a frustrating endeavor to hike for minutes on end to meet up with someone.

However, it's DayZ. Zombie apocolypse. It's not an arcade game you jump in, and start going at it. You start with the bare minimum, with a random spawn point from the potential spawn areas.

Personally, I enjoy the challenge of survival, challenge of meeting up with someone and facing not only zombies but a plethora of other potential dangers during the travels. Perhaps Regular could present a selection, Veteran not?

Just my opinion.

I'm sorry but its NOT a zombie apocalypse. At the end of the day dayz is simply just a video a game and a multiplayer one at that, we should have the option to play with our friends simply and easily. Me and my friends are good at the game (not to brag) we can run to each other and not risk dying, I'm not up for the adventure but i'm saying is why should I have to go through the extra headache when all I want to do is have fun with my friends? isn't that the main point of a multiplayer game?

Just as a note, I've had vehicles experience the same issues as tents. Would the same issue be causing it for that as well?

Except the bug for me is the stuff in my car doesn't get deleted, the car disappears.

I don't think so, finding your way around the map, taking marks and getting to know the land is the first and easiest challenge of the game. If you can't stand orientation and hiking, you will most probably not like the game, with your friends or not.

EDIT: Didn't finish my train of thoughsn, that might seems confusing: the first challenge of the game when you don't play alone is to meet up with your buddies.

If the only way you can have fun in dayZ is to chill out with your friend with a stack of loot waiting for you in your camp should you die, you are missing the point of the game. (this is purposedly exagerated, you get the meaning)

It's more a time thing, if I have an hour or two, I don't want 50% or more of that time consumed by finding my friend.

• Like 1

This is a realism mod, you and your friend you meet up with need to grow a pair and learn to navigate.

This. +1

Also for people lamenting about taking a half hour to run to friends...you can spend a half an hour trying to find the "perfect" respawn to be close to your friends. Like, if your pals are in Berezino, and you want to spawn in Solnichny, you could spend an hour trying to get the "right" spawn, overloading the server all the while.

• Like 1

Oh and before I forget, is there any way to disable the ( continue ) button on the briefing screen. The reason for this is that when a server restarts and players click on this it tends to load the server without any tents or vehicles. If you allow the briefing screen to just timeout naturally all items are loaded properly. If you could do this it would make automatic restarts less of a hazard.

Thanks.

• Like 1

It is very annoying though but seriously is he really going to change the doorways in the mod, i think its a full game issue wider doors

It's not an issue at all. It is a realistic part of a military simulator. Nothing to fix, nothing to change.

It's more a time thing, if I have an hour or two, I don't want 50% or more of that time consumed by finding my friend.

My point exactly! day-z is a fucking video game people! people try to act like its soooo much more than just an online game and we should strip it of any fun so it can be REALISTIC MOD!!! The biggest problem with the forums is people cant argue against a change without hearing "LOL CAREBEAR GO BACK TO CALL OF DUTY" and made to feel like a pussy. The game needs to sacrifice some realistic aspects and just let people have FUN. people need to grow a pair and run? Do you have friends you play with on a regular basis?? Why should people feel like less of players because they don't feel like wasting time running in one direction. Meeting up is easy as SHIT it just involves way too much time the map is gigantic. Why can't I have more time playing with my friends??

Edited by ryeezy
  • Like 2

Rocket, once you've finished your analysis and decided to implement some of the disconnect warnings/punishments, would it be fair to ask that you provide players with a detailed guide on what constitutes a punishable offence. I would hate to be blacklisted for something I previously though was fair gameplay.

For example..

1. I might have to disconnect to tend to one of my kids, and I don't always have the option of running to a forest and hiding underneath a tree. How would I deal with reconnecting in that case?

2. I also might try several different servers until I get a decent FPS and/or day/night. (Actually - enforcing proper server descriptions would go a long way). Having a 5-10 second grace period before begining any timer might help.

I think the two biggest isues are DC'ing under fire and Ghosting...I think we all are eager for the changes, but we just want to understand the dynamics so we don't incur any issues/bad reps/bans.

• Like 1

My point exactly! day-z is a fucking video game people! people try to act like its soooo much more than just an online game and we should strip it of any fun so it can be REALISTIC MOD!!! The biggest problem with the forums is people cant argue against a change without hearing "LOL CAREBEAR GO BACK TO CALL OF DUTY" and made to feel like a pussy. The game needs to sacrifice some realistic aspects and just let people have FUN.

But Rocket said, this Mod is not meant to be a game. It is a social experiment.

• Like 1

Not always, sometimes is hard to get pass a door with just a makarov if you are crouch walking.

That is because you have your hands extended straight out. Anyone who has every shot a gun knows the feeling. Take the thickness of a human body, add the length of their arms, then add the length of the gun. That number is bigger than the width of the door.

Works perfectly as intended. If you want to move through a door sideways then stand up or drop your gun. Otherwise go out gun first.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but its NOT a zombie apocalypse. At the end of the day dayz is simply just a video a game and a multiplayer one at that, we should have the option to play with our friends simply and easily. Me and my friends are good at the game (not to brag) we can run to each other and not risk dying, I'm not up for the adventure but i'm saying is why should I have to go through the extra headache when all I want to do is have fun with my friends? isn't that the main point of a multiplayer game?

Who are you to decide what DayZ is? This isnt your project. If Rocket says its a Zombie Apocalypse, then its a Zombie Apocalypse.

• Like 3

My point exactly! day-z is a fucking video game people! people try to act like its soooo much more than just an online game and we should strip it of any fun so it can be REALISTIC MOD!!! The biggest problem with the forums is people cant argue against a change without hearing "LOL CAREBEAR GO BACK TO CALL OF DUTY" and made to feel like a pussy. The game needs to sacrifice some realistic aspects and just let people have FUN.

You want fun? Go buy yourself a happy meal with oj and go play something else. Edited by Zul
  • Like 2

Navigation is not a challenge, nor is meeting up.

If you're meeting up with someone it's a useless time sink. People play this game every day and meet friends via respawning.

But Rocket said, this Mod is not meant to be a game. It is a social experiment.

I don't care what rocket says ITS A VIDEO GAME. You should be having fun playing it. My biggest problem with the forums and a lot of posters is they act like rocket is the second coming of christ and will fight for any of his changes no matter how bad they are.

• Like 4

I'm sorry but its NOT a zombie apocalypse. At the end of the day dayz is simply just a video a game and a multiplayer one at that, we should have the option to play with our friends simply and easily.

That's really not the way I see it, it's a carefully tailored online survival experience where you are suposed to meet strangers and decide if you kill/befriend/ignore them. It's a game of choices, not a coop survival/deathmatch/lootstacking fps. If it was the gameplay would be different in all sort of ways (spawn, loots, etc).

I'll ignore the part where you say that you are good at the game, I fail to see how it matters.

EDIT: Seeing other post from quoted dude: no, really, fun has nothing to do with DayZ. It's not at all about fun.

And yes, Rocket is a "second coming" because everywhere else it's all about fun and easy access and no punishment for failure. So when someone grows a pair and actively build something refreshing and not centered about fun, we tend to get picky and not back down an inch.

Videogame is not only about "fun" as well as music is not only about "love", overusing the same theme damages it.

Edited by Ael
  • Like 12

I don't care what rocket says ITS A VIDEO GAME. You should be having fun playing it. My biggest problem with the forums and a lot of posters is they act like rocket is the second coming of christ and will fight for any of his changes no matter how bad they are.

Hey asshole! Go play another game. Odviously DAYZ is not the game for you!
  • Like 4

Rocket is not the second coming ...He's the first coming of Rocket and if you dont like it

the door is that way ---> NishantDoor.gif

• Like 3

REALISM? WHAT!?