rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

He has more posts then most of us Mr. 8 Posts

Okay, so what has that got to do with anything?

Look at any good company, even small indie ones, and you'll usually see they have someone to deal with the community, communication of what you are doing is essential, even if its blunt and to the point. I have no authority in this community, so why should i need to communicate other then when i feel like it. Making posts about Ponies is not informing your customers, even if they are only potential customers

and? he is the dev. he have to say something or he will lose the community. i am thinking to stop playing dayz case of this terrible communication. I feel like nothing here. I can report Hackers how much i want and they will not get a ban. He put suits out of the loottable and dont say anything. He dont say "oh we need more time". Its not a problem if he say it but he dont care!

EDIT: and he dont ask like: "oh do u think its a good idea to disable the suicide button?" ... he just do it and dont care. he is not a good dev!

That's exactly what I was talking about, that is entertainment and reason enough to keep this thread going.

and? he is the dev. he have to say something or he will lose the community. i am thinking to stop playing dayz case of this terrible communication. I feel like nothing here. I can report Hackers how much i want and they will not get a ban. He put suits out of the loottable and dont say anything. He dont say "oh we need more time". Its not a problem if he say it but he dont care!

EDIT: and he dont ask like: "oh do u think its a good idea to disable the suicide button?" ... he just do it and dont care. he is not a good dev!

This game is alpha, that's the purpose of alpha testing, to just introduce new mechanics and see how they work you fucking moron.

Confirmed for mental handicap.

Edited by Patrick Swayze
  • Like 4

Now we can speculate whether the Hotfix comes out today or Monday, and we can also speculate whether the aforementioned 5 second disconnect timer will be in since it's not confirmed yet.

A compiled list of possible un-confirmed changes would be cool to know, I might go dig through the thread and see what I can find. I seem to remember helicopters being mentioned.

Also interested to know if there is going to be any more performance changes and object clean-ups. That cherno fps is a killer.

Edited by Booker

Server settings are but one part, with my friends we constantly have to jump servers up to 10 times when starting to play because servers are choopy for one, then doesn't start for other, one gets stuck at loading and so on. It takes several attempts to find one that works for the 5 of us. I'm the most affected since I live pretty far from the US, but is not a ping issue, since I can have dramatic differences in performance in several servers with equal ping.

Thats why the respawn button is being removed to prevent server hoping because the Servers are "choppy" due to people jumping from server to server causing huge amounts of stress on the hive - (badly quoting Rocket).

Its a Catch 22.

You jump cos of lag which is caused by 1000's of people server jumping because of lag (and other reasons) and round & round goes the server-hop-lag-athon.

Only way is to force people not to keep respawning/server hop.

No doubt Rocket will have a hot fix ready if it is a fail.

Edited by Turk
  • Like 1

Small team of inside testers? Hmm wonder how they running the update already.

Dont you think they would a) pw the server B) give it a different name ?

Pretty weird, just logged in a little bit ago and saw fire/smoke all across my screen.

I looked to the side and the scenery went back to normal, back to the other side and I'm in hell again, wtf?

Edited by King Midas

Pretty weird, just logged in a little bit ago and saw fire/smoke all across my screen.

I looked to the side and the scenery went back to normal, back to the other side and I'm in hell again, wtf?

thats a bug a had some time ago, too

@topic: where is the update or an ETA? please

Target is Wednesday. May slip as I can already see some changes I need to make, based on some good feedback here. We won't do it on Friday. So that means either Wednesday, Thursday, or Monday.

Just need some config changes and then helicopters will appear on the changelog. Expect it, but as always, it won't appear on the changelog until it is done and confirmed.

This is an interesting quote, maybe it's worth waiting until Monday so rocket has more time to fit in and fix other features.

Would give the weekend stable play because patches always have a chance of bugging out which is always good, and the next small hotfix patch could be two weeks away, more content in now to test, the better.

Edited by Booker

I think it's a good sign we don't get any information atm, rocket certainly is working hard on it to get that thing up and running.

But maybe he should get a secretary who reads all the forum posts, filters the bs and posts updates during rockets absence, that would be nice

• Like 1

when is the patch going to come out? it should have been yesterday

There is no Patch coming out now. DayZ is over. Rocket has left his position and signed a contract to work on the COD games.

Thankgod i woke up. That was a bad dream.

when is the patch going to come out? it should have been yesterday

Target date:

* Wednesday 25 July 2012 (GMT)No

Note, TARGET DATE. This is not a confirmed release date

I love Rockets honesty about needing haters and fanbois, great to see a dev be like that

• Like 1

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

* [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture

• Like 13

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

What do you mean with ID's over 1 million?

Do you mean from this day on, the tents that are placed have ID's over 1 million?

Sorry for my reetardness-level.

Aaaarrr no, that was my Plan for some Bandits, breake there Legs in the far North and let them crawl to Cherno :)

Serios, good to know :)

Edited by Vakaria
  • Like 1

Oh my looks like the game won't be destroyed contrary to popular belief... rocket actually thinks things through.

I hope some people learns a lesson from this.

• Like 1

What do you mean with ID's over 1 million?

Do you mean from this day on, the tents that are placed have ID's over 1 million?

Sorry for my reetardness-level.

Tents with IDs over 1 million wouldn't work and would delete your items, so since we reached the 1 million tents mark they no longer worked for people trying to use new ones