rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Rocket.

Reconsider disabling the respawn button / we need someway to kill ourself..

Problem:

#1: There are places you get stuck and really need respawn, sometimes on rocks, in buildnings or even sometimes you spawn inside the wall in novy

#2: With the hackers ruining the game. ive today been turned into a goat 2 times. and a few people been turned into cows\sheeps. if we cannot use the respawn button.

we are pretty much F***ED. these animals cant run they are really slow. if you got weapons equiped you cannot move at all. so if your in the forest and get turned into a animal.. you can't really go anywhere. and you can't die without the respawn\kill button.

Solution instead of removing the respawn button. put a timer on it, like only 1 respawn every 10-20min? this will stop peoples from trying to get better spawns.

Qouting myself. the removal of the respawn button will ruin more then it will bring good.

• Like 1

I never was stuck on a rock or somewhere else.... even when i happened to glitch into a bulding i just rolled out on floor.

Rocket \o/ !

Can`t wait to test / play!

PS: Rocket, i noticed you moved to another country, in 3 weeks time i will very close (work) - Can we remake that video (your avatar) with you and me as the actors haha!? :)

+1

are you trying to go brokeback mountain on him? jesus..

I wanted to attack you for stupid comment but then your avatar mesmerized me.... :o

Not really sure how I feel about the respawn button being disabled. Sure people use to get to a spot that their friends have but if say I get injured in the middle of nowhere (say I break my legs) then I'm stuck there and can't do anything. I have to either wait for a player to come by and shoot me or crawl to a zombie infested area and start attracting them to me. It's also a good button for in case someone glitches out and has to die.

Just saying that removing that may cause more problems. That's my two cents on the subject.

You can always just create a new player ID in ARMA and start fresh.

will ammunition refreshing to full when logging into the game be fixed at some stage? it will be a massive game changer as the rare guns and ammo whilst ridiculously op will be severely limited in their operation and i dare say we would see alot more shotgun and pistol toting survivors

Am I the only one who thinks DayZ is going to become unplayable? I mean, there's a fine line between realism and having a good time. I've already had enough friends quit DayZ because it's becoming an overly-realistic simulator. Having the respawn button disabled is going to be a bitch. It's already hard enough to get to where you want to spawn as is. Personally, I think we should be at least able to select a spawn. Then (and only then) I can deal with the respawn being disabled. Why aren't we able to pick a spawn? It would make the mod so much easier to play with friends. Which, let's face it, most people do play with friends. I believe we're only delaying the inevitable. Some people are just going to run into a bunch of zombies so they can respawn. That's what I would do...

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks DayZ is going to become unplayable? I mean, there's a fine line between realism and having a good time. I've already had enough friends quit DayZ because it's becoming an overly-realistic simulator. Having the respawn button disabled is going to be a bitch. It's already hard enough to get to where you want to spawn as is. Personally, I think we should be at least able to select a spawn. Then (and only then) I can deal with the respawn being disabled. Why aren't we able to pick a spawn? It would make the mod so much easier to play with friends. Which, let's face it, most people do play with friends. I believe we're only delaying the inevitable. Some people are just going to run into a bunch of zombies so they can respawn. That's what I would do...

you shouldnt have the choice to spawn where you want ever,

If you want to meet up with someone travel from where you spawn to them

• Like 1

This thread got really boring about 92 pages ago. Rocket has said more than once in this thread he is only collecting data!!! Can people stop complaining about respawn button and just play the damn game.

you shouldnt have the choice to spawn where you want ever,

If you want to meet up with someone travel from where you spawn to them

This this this. It only takes half an hourish to go from the coast to the far north.

Do you people not read ? (not the guy im quoting) Creating a new character is THE most stressful thing for the database, I think this was said at some point, all you little bitches do is complain that you cant abuse the respawn button so you can have a group hug with your bronies. Now stfu about the respawn button, its gone for now but something will be worked out. All this has already been said and yet bitches keep crying about it, is it because you lack the comprehension to read what has already been posted or just dont care ?

• Like 4

Due to the sheer amount of shit-posts I may have missed it, but did anyone mention zombies not dying after being shot?

I've shot this zombie over 5 times the other day and he didn't die. Maybe server lag? I've heard similar things happening.

Forgot to mention, should have been a 1-shot kill with revolver.

Edited by King Midas
  • Like 3

Fix the buildings and structures physic! I broke my leg just opening a door... Or just walking in the Stairs....

About the respawn button, i think that is gonna be shit...

Or at least, give some stuff to survivors when spawn because running from one side of the map to cherno without anything, zombies zig-zagging and lagging runing behind you, there is no way to survive...

We need to fix zombies first of all...

Oh! and i want the Bandit system back! You can't trust anyone...

It was better when people was more friendly.. now someone see you and you are dead.. that SUCKS.

Edited by monkymax

Due to the sheer amount of shit-posts I may have missed it, but did anyone mention zombies not dying after being shot?

I've shot this zombie over 5 times the other day and he didn't die. Maybe server lag? I've heard similar things happening.

pistols hae been uber nerfed.. 1911 and the revolver is 10 times worse now than it was..

• Like 1

pistols hae been uber nerfed.. 1911 and the revolver is 10 times worse now than it was..

oh.. thats why i couldnt kill shit with my revolver today hah :P i thought it was lagg. this happend last patch?

I have had the same issue, shooting a zombie repeatedly with a revolver for it to still be eating my face.

I've had to switch to primary weapons to 1 shot kill anything lately, i thought it was my connection being terrible, but after doing all the usually checks, it wasnt my connection.

Maybe the hive underload?

Doesn't this seem sort of pointless in light that players can still just run up to the nearest zombie and let themselves be killed. You aren't actually forcing spawn points on anyone, just making it take a few secs/minutes longer.

Deal with what exactly? The reality that respawn or zombie food is always going to be faster than running? Just because Rocket thinks it's data worth gathering doesn't mean he's correct. The behavior will continue and the behavioral data won't actually change. Players will death cycle regardless of method till they get where they want to be.

Alright this is going to be the last time I reply to you, how about you re-read what I posted and stop being so random. DEAL WITH IT. As in shut the fuck up, give Rocket feedback (like you're supposed to) or leave mate. I'm tired of people like you coming on the forums and constantly complaining about shit that will be fixed. It would be one thing if no one was acknowledging your criticism, but Rocket is and he's even telling you what he plans to do. If you don't like it /uninstall.

On a side note, shooting zeds with my m1911 took 4 bullets CM. I don't know if it's lag or what because just last night I was one shotting everything.

Edited by Malice

oh.. thats why i couldnt kill shit with my revolver today hah :P i thought it was lagg. this happend last patch?

the new arma patch apparently, not the DayZ files...

Super nerf! hopefully rifles get the same treatment soon :)

This this this. It only takes half an hourish to go from the coast to the far north.

Do you people not read ? (not the guy im quoting) Creating a new character is THE most stressful thing for the database, I think this was said at some point, all you little bitches do is complain that you cant abuse the respawn button so you can have a group hug with your bronies. Now stfu about the respawn button, its gone for now but something will be worked out. All this has already been said and yet bitches keep crying about it, is it because you lack the comprehension to read what has already been posted or just dont care ?

I am just so sorry I don't feel like reading 93 pages of you guys circle-jerking over how cool Rocket is and how you want to have his children only to find one page stating what you said.

Edited by DeadEd38
  • Like 1

the new arma patch apparently, not the DayZ files...

Super nerf! hopefully rifles get the same treatment soon :)

hehe the day i need more then 1 bullet of a 50.cal to kill a player\zed. im outta here:P

do something about the fps probs...

Does this look like a wishlist for what to do? lol.

Edit: This does look a wishlist for what to do. but it aint.

Edited by Karneval

Anyone else having major issues logging in with new update? Arma hangs and lags, and internet filters no longer working.

Fix the buildings and structures physic! I broke my leg just opening a door... Or just walking in the Stairs....

About the respawn button, i think that is gonna be shit...

Or at least, give some stuff to survivors when spawn because running from one side of the map to cherno without anything, zombies zig-zagging and lagging runing behind you, there is no way to survive...

We need to fix zombies first of all...

Oh! and i want the Bandit system back! You can't trust anyone...

It was better when people was more friendly.. now someone see you and you are dead.. that SUCKS.

Yeah Rocket, fix stuff thats Arma's problems, not Day Z's problems! HUR DUR...

• Like 1

Rocket!

Have you considered that option against ALT + F4:

When you exit, the player remains at 10 seconds into the game?

All problems are solved once and play becomes more interesting!

Your examples with frequent blocking exits, this will not save on exit from the game player in a dangerous time of

We should make sure that the player knew that if he goes out of play in a dangerous moment, then he will die!

Sorry for the translator from Russian.