rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Incase this needs a pointer again-

ALT-F4 = SUICIDE

Great idea..!!! :D

• Like 3

You can no longer respawn, as it says in the changelog.

Suicide may be possible with a firearm, I am just checking to see if it will cause me to end up on CNN or some random politician somewhere will end up blaming me for a string of suicides. I'd rather not be sued, be on CNN, or responsible for people killing themselves.

i stole beans coz rocket made me !!! :P

Awesome. Looking forward to Wednesday.

3 points.

Will being kicked for high ping count as a frequent disconnect? I often play in us servers as the local servers here are jam packed.

Originally alt f4 was disabled in arma2. Anyway to redisable it?

Why do you feel server hopping to get loot is more of an issue than disconnecting to avoid death? I am not bitching, just curious. See I like to hunt server hoppers who do it for loot in nw airbase. Easy prey and gave good loot but being morally suspect they tend to altf4 a shot load when shot.

So maybe stopping bodies from melting on disconnect woulbe sweet.

Edited by youSOB

Ok Rocket,

I am a person with many tents on different servers at the same place. And sometimes i have to put gear from one server to another server. Like when i am bored there, and decided to lave the server for another.

At this moment i usually have 1 login and logout in two minutes. and if i want to take 50 guns to another server to the other tents, i will have 30 disconnects in a very very short time.

, so you going to ban me for this?

It would take a whole day, if i am not allowed to!!!

I'm sorry, but where is bug fixes?

- we dont need this shit!

We need when we put guns in backpack he will not disappears!

We need, when zombies run for you, he dont moves like freaking

the-flash-gets-a-new-director.jpg

We need remove items duplicate, realancing loot spawn points, water pumps(or points to take weter) in all cities, helicopters.

Please rocket, fix bugs!

just who the hell do you think you are and how stupid are you? He's fixing bugs, he's fixing exploits, thats what he's doing. Rebalancing loot spawn points? Thats opinion. Water pumps in all cities? why the hell do you need that?, you can find water almost everywhere. The only spot in the map that doesn't have easy to access water is NEAF/Kraznatov, which has lakes to the east and a big town to find sodas in, let alone go to a place nearby with water. helicopters? He's fixing that, takes work. Work he'd rather be doing stuff that he and the development team finds important, not some dumbshit who posts on the forums. Item duplication is tied into how the hive servers work, and requires a shitload of work to fix, possible changing the entire save system. Changing the zombie animation requires actual animators, not coders. This means that while it will come, that it will take time. And finally, the whole backpack thing is a ARMA issue, not just a dayz issue. thats for BI to work on.

tl;dr stop being a bitch.

Why is nobody asking about the zombies that have been mentioned over and over in interviews?

Have you been able to improve them as of now? Or are there unforseen problems that might make them not any different in this patch apart from hearing.

Hi rocket good luck with the update. I have a question

why theres no morphine addiction - withdrawal or pain killer withdrawal / can you add these?

When you start the game, you check everything as a little fish in a shark tank and you dont want to get hurt becouse you dont hava a moprhine shot. but once you have decent weapon, some medicine you start to care less about the world. Run along the streets, loot buildings fast and dont care about anything (same goes to deathmatches in big towns) becouse you know there are 3 painkillers and 5 morphine shots in bag. if theres a withdrawal which goes away lets say after 2 or 3 dehydration cycles would be kind of better for gameplay.

I can semi relate to you but my advise is to get a Mic and use that until the whole Radio thing got implented (which is SOON i hope).Not flaming or trying to be a douche or something but its 2012,every PC should have a Headset with a Mic next to it ;)

I do have a mic. But not everyone else does. They don't always hear me for some reason. This is the problem....It is kind of douche-y to tell everyone they have to have a mic in order to play, when there's a global,side,and direct chat line readily available. I prefer mic as well, but when I play solo, i've only ran into maybe 5 out of 100 ppl that actually tried to communicate via mic.

Edited by jordan2412

Rocket, I forgot to ask. Any ETA or information on fixing three very similar but MAJOR problems with the game - body despawns.

It happens in two similar ways:

1. Player X dies and respawns several times. -> his original body with the loot despawns within 10-20+ seconds.

2. Player Y dies. Respawn only once. His body despawns after 1-2 minutes. Its really a different situation (tested)

3. Player Z dies and his body despawns immediately. No clue how does it happen, people say because of altf4.

This really hurts in the game based around loot. Preferably the body would stay for 20+ minutes.

Oh, also please fix the dead body sound of flies, where there is actually no body.

ps. if the problem is related to the ability of the server to handle many dead bodies, then despawn bodies with loot on the end of a queue. So empty bodies or bodies from fresh spawned survivors whould despawn first. Right now bodies are despawning based on the time of their death.

pss. I'd also suggest to remove the "hide body" feature of player bodies from the game - its unrealistic and hurts the gameplay.

Edited by Roboserg

Incase this needs a pointer again-

ALT-F4 = SUICIDE

Great idea..!!! :D

its a terrible idea. if you run any kind of issue while playing or imagine a server with 50/50 players just loses its connection with hive. all players will be seen like altf4ed and they all be dead next time.

just who the hell do you think you are and how stupid are you? He's fixing bugs, he's fixing exploits, thats what he's doing. Rebalancing loot spawn points? Thats opinion. Water pumps in all cities? why the hell do you need that?, you can find water almost everywhere. The only spot in the map that doesn't have easy to access water is NEAF/Kraznatov, which has lakes to the east and a big town to find sodas in, let alone go to a place nearby with water. helicopters? He's fixing that, takes work. Work he'd rather be doing stuff that he and the development team finds important, not some dumbshit who posts on the forums. Item duplication is tied into how the hive servers work, and requires a shitload of work to fix, possible changing the entire save system. Changing the zombie animation requires actual animators, not coders. This means that while it will come, that it will take time. And finally, the whole backpack thing is a ARMA issue, not just a dayz issue. thats for BI to work on.

tl;dr stop being a bitch.

Yeah... you told him, because he definitely looks like the bitch now.

[NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play = Respawn is a quick button for the suicide. You know, like firing a gun right in your head or sticking a nbife into your own throat. The hater crybaby elitists that work for realism, imho, must shut up on about this, because mass suicides ARE the part of apocalypse.

So it would be wise to make respawn button active only if you are in the wilderness, and add a hotkey for weapon to kill yourself.

* [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (for use with preventing ALT+F4

Make the countdown before leaving. 15 seconds would be sufficient. I don't care about losing my weapons, but it would piss me off if I'd be banned because Arma stops working because of the shitty textures processing/hackers raging/blackouts happening/shitty internet dcing/UFO invasions/Magnet storms etc.

I got an idea Rocket, Why dont you write down 2 lists, 1 list with confirmed things that will come in the next patch, and let the other list be a check list where you have things that will be fixed soon then you just move the things over to the "Confirmed list" when it is done :) in that way we will be able to see what will come and you wont have to answer the same questions over and over again where people ask when this or that is coming :)))))))))))))))))))))))))

So you have 10 seconds to do a 100 meters cautious approach.

Good luck bro.

What we need is a 1 minute freeze after deco.

Good luck trying to save your stuff, when hacker pushes you mid-air. You know, SO REAL thing to happen in dayZ.

• Like 1

"[NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play"

So when a hacker makes me invisible and disables my hunger and thirst, cleared my inventroy and teleports me 30k out into the debug plains what the fuck am I supposed to do?

Deal with the hackers before you start working on the kiddy stuff that hardly matters.

You realize server admins have NO tools available to them to determine who a hacker on their server is right? Currently the only way to find out who is hacking is if someone else is using the same scripts themselves.

• Like 1

* [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)

I hadn't realized this was an issue, so I thought this said "[NEW]" at first. Talk about confusing. At any rate, try not to break the game again, Icemotoboy.

Edited by John
  • Like 1

Thank you for working on fixing the issue with the tents... that is huge for me. Also, wondering if you are working on fixing weapons disappearing from your hands when you join a server. My L85 OWS which I rightfully stole from an enemy camp disappeared and I haven't been the same since.

I accept it is going to be a, well, bitch.

But we need to see what affect this kind of forced spawn will have on players. It will make dying more significant. We need to see what response this will actually have with the data, not just the QQ from people on the forums. It is like previous updates where we had to try controversial things. This update will, unfortunately, come in before we have had a chance to look at group spawn mechanics.

Not having an option to kill yourself is the worst idea you can ever have.

Those same people who respawn when in terrible spots, such as wilderness, will now instead run to the nearest zombie and get killed or drown themselves, as this is easier then running for 30 mins to the nearest item hub. So how exactly is this a "forced spawn"? It's not, it's just a waste of time. It's not even controversial, it's just a plain terrible idea.

Not only this, but it can potentially open up a huge can of worms in terms of griefing. If running from town to town, a guy can break your leg, and run off to leave you stranded. You now are forced to crawl for hours to find some morphine, or to find a zombie to kill you and end your very literal misery.

It doesn't even have to be a player, you might step on one of the many buggy rocks or stairs in the game and break your leg and be forced to crawl. I'm sorry but if this ever happened to me, I would quit playing until I can suicide again. As someone who has to work and can only play an hour or two a day max, I'm not going to spend that time crawling.

The only thing you will see from the data with this change is less play time, because it will suck.

• Like 2

Oh wow, 32 pages later and I do not envy you having to read through all the "feedback" Rocket

Just want to say thanks for the work, so far. I've been waiting years for any game that induced the same rush and excitement I used to get playing Ultima Online back in the 90's.

And I think you've nailed so well.

So as this is a first post I want to get something constructive into it.

I love the no more respawn (I'm a huge fan of trying to keep characters alive as long as possible, that is my end game goal at this point). I have spammed respawn trying to get “easier” starting locations but am so over it now as I realised it doesn’t matter where you start if you make a mistake you’ll die anyway.

On that note, what are your thoughts of introducing a character age/played timer on the debugger? Sorry if this has been brought up and answered elsewhere and I’ve missed it.

So in other words I can potentially get banned from the database for even trying to find a stable server? GG welcome to the start of a very painful death of DayZ. Just remember folks you heard it here first.

Will the issues with the L85A2 be fixed with this build? mainly the whole "vanishing from your equipment upon login"? Also, if your intention was to actually fully remove said gun, might wanna look over it again, found three at crash sites so far.

so what is going to happen to those of use the get caught in the a glitch like the debug forest or some place thathas no physical way of getting out of. the only way is to respawn. i know that is useful to those of that some how are under a certain amount of blood with no hpe of recovering, respawning is the only option.