rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

FOR Rocket:

It's cool to see that you are reading everything. Let me sum up what everyone is saying: Don't take any of the criticism to heart. Despite our differences of opinion, I think its clear everyone replying here loves the game. Don't get burnt out taking the whining too serious.

• Like 3

>rocket in charge of not being retarded

• Like 1

I'm guessing the logging will only occur when you actually enter the game.

What about if me and my friends are trying to enter a good server but only find laggy and shitty ones? Will I be blacklisted for Alt-F4 user?

Disabling respawn button? Thank youuu.. I've died as many times from it as I have hackers (twice from each).

Thank you so much. XD

Also I bid you good luck trying to work out the whole Alt+F4 matter, seems very difficult to find a proper solution. However, I did like the 5 seconds of staying around after disconnect, although imo it could be lengthened to maybe about 15-30 seconds (if this banning thing doesn't work out with the false positives and such).

edit: If the 15-30s delay on disconnect was reimplemented again, and people have problems with disconnecting / bad internet, I guess it could be time to upgrade to a decent connection.

Absolutely incredible work. Thanks again for actually listening to the community, that is just one more reason I have a feeling this will be an extremely successful title when released.

Edited by bonesnap

I saw someone else write here and i TOTALLY agree to what he said regarding alt+f4 people.

If they get shot and then disconnect, put them in shock and make them bleed alot more than normal when they login again, WITH the logout timer. So if someone gets shot and logs out, he's screwed unless he got friends to back him up.

Sure it sucks for those players who are running solo BUT since those players are abusing the system we should not weep for them.

I like what you did about the server hopping tho, that's actually nice =) Might stop people from going to server to server just clearing out all the good loot spots.

All in all, great update!

Thanks alot Rocket for making such a great game it gets boring play Skyrim and Fable 3 so I just switch to this awesome mod. Keep up the great work and thanks again.

no dont take out respawn button what if i glitch and spawn in a low detail nothing plain for the 3rd time how am i going to quickly kill myself so i can keep playing

Aha, Rocket has heard our mournful cries and has disabled the respawn button!

Rocket, I understand that you will not comment on security issues. Nonetheless, I'm sure you are considering those issues and their impact on gameplay. I too have died multiple times in a week from a teleport hack, and friends and I have taken an indefinite "break" from the alpha test in frustration. We'll be back shortly. The only prevention (other than allowing private servers), is alt-F4 in mid-air.

Just saying, please consider the solution in light of the fact that some of us are dying more from hackers than we are from zeds or bandits (the fun ways). Some of us are devoted to the kind of roleplaying you are championing. Don't punish us for being frustrated by hackers, especially where it isn't possible to prevent the hacking with technical means.

Edited by DannyGB
  • Like 1

Wouldn't a potential solution to people disconnecting and reconnecting when they shouldent be, such as in the middle of a firefight, also be a cooldown for disconnecting of say...~30 seconds or something of the like solve the problem for the most part.

-So the player clicks disconnect

-They cannot do anything for 30 seconds except wait

-Once disconnected there would be a cool down time as you (rocket) are suggesting for rejoining servers based on the algorithm of warnings and punishments

Meat not spawning on animals after gutting them!

Can you please check this rocket! Also they still dont move!

Are you sure you waited long enough?

Sometimes after you gut an animal it takes a good 20-30 seconds for meat to spawn.

All I ask is that we get some kind of *working* chat option back. direct is fine, if it worked properly. Played 5 hours on a night time server yesterday, met up with someone in the first hour and stuck with him throughout the night, even though we couldn't communicate. We would flash our lights in different directions to point something out, often times giving up our locations. Finally, I got sniped about 15ft away from the guy, since we cant communicate he got sniped as well. He didn't know what happened so decided to shine his light at me, revealing his location.....There's talk of adding a com radio, which is a great idea, but we need side chat or something back until its added to the game.

I love DayZ. But the hackers are killing the game. Daily we have them in the server teleporting around, invisible and now the new thing is to teleport everyone to one location and slaughter them. Why are there so many idiots in the world with nothing better to do.

This game is one of the best ones I have played in a long time..... But the hacking has to stop... Its killing the game IMO.

• Like 2

I appreciate your points, but given I cannot even control this single topic on the forums... my powers to control thousands of servers are... well... limited.

Cheers for the reply! Yeah, point taken. :)

I just wish there was a bit more consistency with the beta version that servers are running. Everything was grand with everyone running the 94876 patch until about 5 days ago, then Six launcher starting pushing a new patch onto their users every day since. Unfortunately, it has completely fragmented the available servers.

Keep up the great work! Add more survival elements into the game please, like bush craft! Watch Ray Mears and take as many ideas from his survival programs as you can! :D

All I ask is that we get some kind of *working* chat option back. direct is fine, if it worked properly...There's talk of adding a com radio, which is a great idea, but we need side chat or something back until its added to the game.

I can semi relate to you but my advise is to get a Mic and use that until the whole Radio thing got implented (which is SOON i hope).Not flaming or trying to be a douche or something but its 2012,every PC should have a Headset with a Mic next to it ;)

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

* [NEW] Optimized authentication process on login

* [NEW] Singleplayer mode disabled when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] DayZ Logo and Version Number appear in game when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (for use with preventing ALT+F4)

* [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)

* [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)

I'm sorry, but where is bug fixes?

* [NEW] Optimized authentication process on login

* [NEW] Singleplayer mode disabled when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] DayZ Logo and Version Number appear in game when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (for use with preventing ALT+F4)

- we dont need this shit!

We need when we put guns in backpack he will not disappears!

We need, when zombies run for you, he dont moves like freaking

the-flash-gets-a-new-director.jpg

We need remove items duplicate, realancing loot spawn points, water pumps(or points to take weter) in all cities, helicopters.

Please rocket, fix bugs!

Edited by RNBJ
  • Like 1

The only thing i can say is great fkin job.. always waiting for the next patch to come out ^^

I still want zeds to be buffed even more. I mean its a zombie survival game! and i want more survival!

other then that keep up the good work! we all love u rocket!

PS. to the guy "post" above me..

iam sorry are u blind? mby u should read that again when it says [FIXED] infront of something that means its a bug that is getting fixed for exampel

* [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too) if that isnt a bug fix i dont know what is..

and maybe u should actually read some of the posts from rocket then u'll see what direction this mod is going to take..

guess haters gonna hate...

Edited by turtleracer

Rocket, sorry to bother you with more questions, but if you have a crappy connection like I do... If I disconnect from the server due to the failure of my internet, then log back in, and then disconnect again because of my failing internet, would that put me on a "timeout"?

FOR Rocket:

It's cool to see that you are reading everything. Let me sum up what everyone is saying: Don't take any of the criticism to heart. Despite our differences of opinion, I think its clear everyone replying here loves the game. Don't get burnt out taking the whining too serious.

Yes, everyone is passionate about. I'm playing since pong and c64 and just want to say I had probably the best gaming experience of my life tonight with a group of friends. This game is something else.

• Like 1

Rocket!!

I dont post much cause the QQing just gets old with all these tard bellys! But I wanted to write something and say I love the game I love how you guys are developing it using hard actual data. It gives the community a voice and I really appreciate that you are letting us do it.

The changes to the game coming up look great, I dont get why everyone is panicing but who cares. Keep up the good work Rocket and your team you have a loyal gamer here who plans on staying till the end.

Thanks Again for making a great game.

• Like 2

As far as the alt+f4 issue, I have seen a certain game handle it in the past. I can't recall if it was Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops, but one of them had it disabled to the point where even if you opened up task manager, it would tab instantly back into the game. The only way out was to quit.

I have no idea how it was done, but it's clearly evidence that it can be done.

I don't know if this is a bug or what but when trying to place a weapon in my bag the weapon disappears and cannot be found.

This happens when you have a pack big enough and with weapons in hand as well. I don't know if this can be fixed at this point or not but that bugs me because you find a cool gun and it just evaporates.

The mechanics are being tested, but it will put a "timeout" if you successfully connect too many times within a period of time.

i loled hard. it will fix nothing! They press alt + f4 and get a "timeout"? wow that will them scare. "timeout" <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< dead. Plz stop this wannabe fixes and fix it or let it. dont waste your time with this and start to ban hackers!

EDIT: why u dont put the timeout up to 5 sec. They will not alt + f4 case they now ... they are dead anyway .. problem solved

Edited by foo2bar