rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

That is because your gun is sticking out. It's part of the game. You can't fit a 4 foot long gun through a 3.5 foot wide doorway (making those numbers up).

It is very annoying though but seriously is he really going to change the doorways in the mod, i think its a full game issue wider doors

• Like 1

Can I ask the respawn button be left in place for two reaons:

1. As people have said before, playing this game with friends is great, so my buddies and I will respawn until we are close to each other; not necessairly in the "best" loot spot, but just so we don't have to spend 1/2 hour running to each other.

2. The bigger reason though is because as a new player, I would use this quite often. I have had multiple times when I have broken my leg (sometimes my fault, sometimes an alpha-phase glitch, but I'm not complaining) and I would be in the middle of no-where with no zombies and would respawn because I was basically dead anyway and didn't want to spend an hour crawling to the closest zombie just to die. The height mechanics are different from other games, so as a new player I would jump off of stuff that I thought I could be OK from and end up breaking bones.

• Like 1

Each character that is created fills the database, and takes up server load. I would be more inclined to allow you to select a spawn area, rather than die-live-die-live. I haven't considered allowing spawn selections, this type of issue will be dealt with as part of thoughts around group player mechanics and the establishment of factions/groups.

Can you please remove the spawn at Otmel island then? I'd rather respawn and face joining anywhere else if it means i wont lose my pack and gear before even making it to the mainland.

That is because your gun is sticking out. It's part of the game. You can't fit a 4 foot long gun through a 3.5 foot wide doorway (making those numbers up).

Not always, sometimes is hard to get pass a door with just a makarov if you are crouch walking.

• Like 1

How can you say its not necessary? I know so many people who cant get into dayz because its too hard to meet up with friends.

I don't think so, finding your way around the map, taking marks and getting to know the land is the first and easiest challenge of the game. If you can't stand orientation and hiking, you will most probably not like the game, with your friends or not.

EDIT: Didn't finish my train of thoughs, that might seems confusing: the first challenge of the game when you don't play alone is to meet up with your buddies.

If the only way you can have fun in dayZ is to chill out with your friend with a stack of loot waiting for you in your camp should you die, you are missing the point of the game. (this is purposedly exagerated, you get the meaning)

Edited by Ael
  • Like 1

Rocket please give us your official statement on the state of the tents. They're not saving their inventory and when they do, they just dupe it everytime a server gets restarted. It's a gamebreaking for our clan.

Fair enough:

You guy's dun gone broked the tents!

Basically, there is an issue with tent number 1 million + because the ID is being stored wrong by the database.

Fixing it, for this update. Will go on the changelog once confirmed.

• Like 17

In the moment you cannot walk through doors sideways, you know what I mean? You have to go completely straight, otherwise you get stuck.

Will this be fixed anytime soon? It's just a minor thing.

Just lower your gun by pressing ctrl twice. If you stood up straight with your gun pointed down range you wouldnt be able to sidestep through a door.

• Like 3

Lets not escalate my comments about the login/logout system... I'm just implementing LOGGING at this stage, it is going to collect data. Nobody will be getting banned right now, so if people could avoid panic right now that would be quite good.

I hope I won't be the only one that shows up in the collected data to be relogging on the same server to get to to play with a favored survivor skin. I know, I know, skins are client side and I might look different to other survivors - it's purely for my own aesthetic viewing pleasure and I just hope this won't get us into trouble at one stage. (:

I don't think so, finding your way around the map, taking marks and getting to know the land is the first and easiest challenge of the game. If you can't stand orientation and hiking, you will most probably not like the game, with your friends or not.

If the only way you can have fun in dayZ is to chill out with your friend with a stack of loot waiting for you in your camp should you die, you are missing the point of the game. (this is purposedly exagerated, you get the meaning)

There is nothing challenging about identifying a place on the map and running for a length of time to meet up with someone.

• Like 3

Dayz focuses on survival not co op so much. If you die and get spawned across the map away from your friend, well... DONT DIE

• Like 1

How can you say its not necessary? I know so many people who cant get into dayz because its too hard to meet up with friends. People want to play dayz with their friends and a lot of people have a limited amount of time to play and don't want to spend 40 minutes of their night running to meet someone before they can actually play together.

I understand your point, and not disagreeing with the fact that it can become a frustrating endeavor to hike for minutes on end to meet up with someone.

However, it's DayZ. Zombie apocolypse. It's not an arcade game you jump in, and start going at it. You start with the bare minimum, with a random spawn point from the potential spawn areas.

Personally, I enjoy the challenge of survival, challenge of meeting up with someone and facing not only zombies but a plethora of other potential dangers during the travels. Perhaps Regular could present a selection, Veteran not?

Just my opinion.

• Like 3

It's not hush-hush. I just won't say anything unless it's confirmed, and I have something worthwhile to say.

I could make all sorts of grand statements, and make some cool concept art, but it would be dishonest and ultimately pointless.

I've already confirmed that it is a certainty it will happen, that much I know. It is just a question of timing, to which I said I believe we will have something to release (as in, standalone) very soon. Previously I have stated I couldn't see why it wouldn't be before the end of the year.

I don´t understand why it has to be a standalone game. Publish it as a DLC (or maybe a standalone DLC like Reinforcements) and everybody is happy (and does not have to rebuy the game).

There is nothing challenging about identifying a place on the map and running for a length of time to meet up with someone.

There is nothing challenging about having a stash of stuff ready to go and your m8s picking you up in a truck either.

• Like 3

Fair enough:

Basically, there is an issue with tent number 1 million + because the ID is being stored wrong by the database.

Haha! This is a bad bug, but in some respects a bug to be proud of! hehehe. 1 million + tents. That's a lot of users placing tents! Testament to the popularity of this awesome mod!

Is the attack behaviour of Zombies undergoing work? They walk extremely fast so you cannot shoot them - also, because they walk unpredictable or just pop out in front of you, or behind you. Also, their attack animation seems to not be fully animated, as they kinda skip some frames when they bitch slap you.

Fair enough:

Just curious if this would also address the issue with tents appearing even when taken down/blown up/ran over after a server restarts?

I think it's more a question of prudence really. These kinds of issues could delay the standalone, I don't want to delay it.

I think that feeling quickly leaves you :) But I see your point. Content isn't really a huge focus with the mod at the moment.

So it will be stand alone. That is great news. :thumbsup:

There is nothing challenging about having a stash of stuff ready to go and your m8s picking you up in a truck either.

However, if we both spawn with no gear around the same location because we were dead. Then we can have fun playing DayZ.

Edited by Svpam

I accept it is going to be a, well, bitch.

But we need to see what affect this kind of forced spawn will have on players. It will make dying more significant. We need to see what response this will actually have with the data, not just the QQ from people on the forums. It is like previous updates where we had to try controversial things. This update will, unfortunately, come in before we have had a chance to look at group spawn mechanics.

Won't people just run towards the nearest zed?

Not that I'm even against, I actually like the idea of being forced to spawn somewhere random. The update does seem it will do very little from having players pick their spawn other than having it take more time.

On the flip side, this will also be helpful for having server load be more flat over a timeline.

EDIT: Didn't finish my train of thoughsn, that might seems confusing: the first challenge of the game when you don't play alone is to meet up with your buddies.

So running in one direction for 40 minutes to see a friend is fun? I never said it wasn't easy to meet up, its easy as shit just run in one direction. My point is if i want to have a good night playing dayz with my friends why should we waste an hour or so of that night doing something mundane like running east to see my buddy who got a different spawn than me? Whos to say that me and my friends all meet up and stack loot in a camp? that's not our goal at all. I'm sorry if you don't have a group of people to play with but theres plenty of fun things to do that don't involve farming loot.

Lets not escalate my comments about the login/logout system... I'm just implementing LOGGING at this stage, it is going to collect data. Nobody will be getting banned right now, so if people could avoid panic right now that would be quite good.

DontPanic.jpg

Fair enough. But you do understand why people would be worried about bans for completely legitimate actions that could be misconstrued by an automated system as being inappropriate play, right?

Looking for more challenge ? do it without a map ? do it at night ? not during a fullmoon period ?

Back to the subject: agree to disagree, and it makes sense (running around, not doing anything else than figuring out where you are/to go) given the genre and core mechanics of the game.

But really, to chose cherno/elektro as a gathering point with your friends when spawning, that's asking for it.

Fair enough:

Just as a note, I've had vehicles experience the same issues as tents. Would the same issue be causing it for that as well?