mullo

Can someone tell me how these dudes hack?

I only ask coz I'm interested. I havent the foggiest notion of how you do it. I'd like to know it when I see it though so I can log off.

What action should I take and how do I know its a hacker?

Most of the time..nothing you can do.

If you see multiple players killed within a few seconds, disconnect.. for me this works most of the time except for instant teleport etc (i survived most Arty / Nuke attacks just by watching the lower left screen).

You never know if it's a hacker, unless he spawns something in front of him, like a weapon, ammobox or a vehicle.

Be attentive. The most usual hint about server being smashed by a hacker is that you see numerous death notifications. People start dying in alphabetical order. Once you see this - hit ESC and then ALT+F4 as quick as you can. I'd suggest you name being started with some not A or B letter :) It's silly, I know, but if you name you player with some 15th letter in alphabet then it's half as safer for you to escape a hacker.

Jesus

Thanks guys. We seem to be at the mercy of these fucktards.

Jesus

Thanks guys. We seem to be at the mercy of these fucktards.

For now, yes, but pretty sure people are working on this problem as this is getting crazy. Not to mention people can deal with some hackers / deaths by hackers, but at the moment it seems to happen way to much..

meh, it's the same in every game. Actually running into hackers comprises about 5% of your total experiences, but about 25% of forum bitching thus creating the impression that hacking is more prevalent than it is.

In the end, it's up to good server admins laying down the ban hammer to ensure that we run into them as infrequently as possible as many hacks are undetectable by both both anti-cheats and coded exploit blocks.

Boneboys, he wanted to know how to spot if someone is hacking on the server, in order to dodge getting nuked or having to run away from an apache heli with ESP hacks :P

If you think you encounter hacking, post the server name/location/time in these forums in the appropriate subsection. Server admins do tend to keep an eye out for hacker reports on their servers, and they can deal with them appropriately.

Here's an example:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34070-rapant-hacking-on-us-847-lotcs-2nd-official/

For now, yes, but pretty sure people are working on this problem as this is getting crazy. Not to mention people can deal with some hackers / deaths by hackers, but at the moment it seems to happen way to much..

Don't hold your breath. Hacking has been an issue in Arma for years.. and every other multiplayer game for that matter. Its just something to live with and not work getting mad over.

You don't want to know how to hack,,, do you ?

Thats what i thought the guy was gonna ask lol,,

Edited by DeTaiLz

meh, it's the same in every game. Actually running into hackers comprises about 5% of your total experiences, but about 25% of forum bitching thus creating the impression that hacking is more prevalent than it is.

In the end, it's up to good server admins laying down the ban hammer to ensure that we run into them as infrequently as possible as many hacks are undetectable by both both anti-cheats and coded exploit blocks.

You see I'm agreeing with you. A lot of hot air but not actually a real problem. I reckon people are using the word hack when they just get killed fair and square. Its convenient.

You don't want to know how to hack,,, do you ?

I hack other stuff but for personal use. I'd never hack a game I'm playing with fellow gamers, no.

Don't hold your breath. Hacking has been an issue in Arma for years.. and every other multiplayer game for that matter. Its just something to live with and not work getting mad over.

I know! but looking @ how many new players DayZ brought to Arma (pretty much brought the game back to life), i m guessing those BE guys are working overtime, but have allot of catching up to do.

No game will be hack free, but most / allot can be stopped.

As a server owner i know several admins are trying to keep their server free from cheaters, but several restrictions are preventing us from acting quickly.

Hacking has been a problem for some time but it never got out of control...most hackers can't play right anyway even with hacks. Nothing you can do about a meteor shower or whatever weapons of mass destruction they use but they will be gone sooner than later. I've only experienced about five hacker attempts since i started player the BIS series ( OFP up to ArmA 2 ). What i learned is the more "kids" and silly people play the game the more hackers are around. Thanks to the summer sales and ArmA 2 / DayZ becoming popular it has attracted these individuals.

thanks chaps. A bit more in the know now.

Does any error message's come up on the screen E.G you cannot open, or something near to that when my friends all had that error we all disconnected but one was left behind he was turned into a dog.

I wont bet my beans on this, but I think this is not acceptabel. A "friend" of mine said that the DayZ devz do not allow admins to ban people. Seems to me that the devs make it hard for server admins to actually do something with this problem.

As stated, I don't know if this is actually true, but I don't know why someone would lie about this. I guess the devs is trying to prevent server admin abuse, but I think that will happen anyway so why not just let admins ban cheaters?

Also, as said before in this thread. I think the hacker issue is blown a bit out of proportions in the forums. The problem is precent, but not as much as it is presented in here.

Have a good one! :)

Does any error message's come up on the screen E.G you cannot open, or something near to that when my friends all had that error we all disconnected but one was left behind he was turned into a dog.

That just made laugh snot out my nose. lol

best telltale sign of a hacker is large amounts of doucheyness... beware the doucheyness. This goes for ANY arma server. Not just dayz.

It's worse than that. In my last 6 games, 3 were ruined by hackers.

I believe OP's question has been answered to necessary detail.

Please do not resurrect old threads for such an insignificant reason.

Edited by Inception.

Not even close to the same and nowhere near the time waste that it is in dayz. I think I'm going to give the game up over it. I've never been close to that before... It's a shame because its such a great game. Not sure ill even buy the standalone unless they come up with a way to save your game. Now isn't that a novel idea.