Sign in to follow this  
komoter226@yahoo.co.uk

Underestimation of Lee Enfield

Hello.

Why do people always say 'Don't use Enfield, it's bad!!"? It's not. It's a very good weapon. I got it today in Elektro, and as I was heading for the barns up North, I saw an armed player. So I aimed at him, and bang, dead meat. I fired a couple of shots just to make sure he's gone for good. (Sorry if my victim is reading this) And guess what? I barely aggroed any zeds!

According to weapon data chart on Reddit (http://i.imgur.com/ntfgw.jpg) Lee Enfield deals 12k damage, which is pretty powerful. Mags are almost everywhere (I got 10 mags, and had to throw a couple away!).

Discuss.

The gun is fantastic, especially against other players, the problem my friend is that it's loud as shit so expect, to be Zombie bait if fired and anywhere near any!

the thing is that in this patch, zeds seems to be deaf as hell.. you could fire a m107 next to zombies and barely agro any :/

enfield is a terrific gun. it has AMAZING power, better than any other gun short of a 50 cal. it has good range, and good accuracy. an all-around quality battle rifle. the only downside is the slow rate of fire.

it is also for PLAYERS ONLY. if you shoot zeds with it you will just bring more to you, and by the time you kill all of the ones that run to you more will have spawned, until you run out of ammo.

overall, though, i agree. one of the two most underestimated weapons in the game. (the other being the hatchet)

Enfield is a good gun, but it's also overestimated. It doesn't do the damage that people think (or claim) that it does, but it's more than enough. Also damn accurate. I've hit plenty of people with it and it's not a 1 shot kill (at least not always). Hell, I even got credit for a headshot with one (debug monitor) and didn't get the kill.

Edited by marik

Best PvP weapon i think, in new patch, noise were reduced and zeds didn't come from miles away ;)

The only real disadvantage of the Lee Enfield is its rather slow rate of fire. Other than that it is a rather powerfull gun with sufficient range, the audible range is not as far as its actual range. It just that you don't want to fire this gun in a build up area with a lot of zeds and players around.

Not only does it ring a giant dinner bell it also paints a red x on your head for all the other players.

It's a good gun, i prefer the M4A1 CCO/M4A3 CCO tho.

Thing about the enfield in close combat is, miss and ur dead.

Enfield is a good gun, but it's also overestimated. It doesn't do the damage that people think (or claim) that it does, but it's more than enough. Also damn accurate. I've hit plenty of people with it and it's not a 1 shot kill (at least not always). Hell, I even got credit for a headshot with one (debug monitor) and didn't get the kill.

man, idk, i've killed people with 1 torso shot with the enfield before. if they don't die immediately they will usually go unconscious and bleed out. perhaps my 1shots were on people with less than 100% full blood, but it really never takes more than 2. sometimes i'll shoot people a 3rd time, but i'm pretty sure i'm just mutilating the corpse at that point.

The gun is my current "all time favorit" weapon in the game ... For a bandit, it is extremly usefull as it usually OSK's other players.

In it's current, it does't seem to be affected by bullet drop, something I can understand as it is a "Battle rifle", hence the power it dishes out is fairly legit.

People (and the wiki) call it the "Dinner Bell", as it makes so much noise, living creatures (players) and zombies tend to converge towards it.

It's the type of weapon you want to avoid using in a town that has alot of zombies already spawned in it, chances are all will come get a fresh meal from your guts.

The fact it is extremly common, and ammo is really easy to find, makes people think it is shit untill thay actually try it out.

Imo, it's the best PVP weapon as of now.

- 400m (and further) accurate shots

- 1hk in most cases

- semi auto

- good iron sights

- easy to find

- alot of ammo (10 per "mag")

This weapon is really a game changer if you ask me. Its the easiest and more powerful weapon you can get early on in he game. Taking down other players in one shot is super easy and can make it easy for you to find better gear on dead bodies.

Best PvP weapon i think, in new patch, noise were reduced and zeds didn't come from miles away ;)

More DMR I think. Since it seems it aggros nothing... Semi, rounds everywhere, scope... Lee En is also great, indeed.

it definetly is a oneshot-kill. never had to shoot 2 shots with it to kill.

But @OP, if zeds are fixed again, believe me you will attract zeds, why? because right now i can shoot a Z 10m infront of me without the zombie 5m infront of me noticing anything.

I used it before zeds got deaf and i shot outside of cherno and had all zeds (and players) from cherno at my tail.

It's not just the Lee Enfield, I fired my M4 at a zed last night at about 3m range, another zed walking not 10m away ignored the shot. Also while running away from a single zed last night I hit the prone key by accident and the chasing zombie stopped and de-aggro'd.

Something seems to have broken maybe ?

It's a good starter weapon - probably the best.

Weapon effectiveness is largely dependent on your play style I think. I like my m16-ACOG with my M249 LMG as "back up"

Edited by nacrom

I'm currently at the NWAF on a max pop server using ONLY an Enfield. :D

I really like the Lee Enfield No. 4.

Stable, high damage... only let down is the rate of fire.

Most of my friends 'laugh' at people rocking this rifle, but I have killed more players with it than any other gun so far.

However, my new favourite is my recentley acquired M14 AIM.

The DMR is an M14/M39 (DMR = Designated Marksman Rifle, does not just cover the M39), but the M14 AIM has a Red Dot Scope.

It uses DMR magazines, so 20 shots per mag - and 4 of those M24 mags convert to 1 DMR.

If you like the Enfield, you will jizz your pants for the M14 AIM :)

Anyway ... why talk about zombies and all.

Primary weapons are not to be used against Zombies, Pistoles are ... Prims are for against other Players.

Was on the Cherno clock tower, shot a man roughly 400-500 meters away in that concrete building. Missed my first two, third one got him while he was climbing a ladder down to escape.

I almost always roll with an Enfield. They are easy to get, powerful, and have decent range.

For those who think you can't get people at far distances, here's my clanmate Nicram nailing someone pretty far away with one:

I find most people at close/mid ranges myself, so this weapon is perfect for most of these situations, I like to keep a markov or 1911 just in case people get in my face in buildings though.

The best part of the wepaon is if you die, you know you can find another one a lot faster then a DMR or .50 cal. I stay near the coast to hunt people these days and rather not spend a few hours up north collecting crap I will just lose anyways.

Edited by Larce

Anyway ... why talk about zombies and all.

Primary weapons are not to be used against Zombies, Pistoles are ... Prims are for against other Players.

My PDW side arm and I agree with this statement. Having plenty of 30 round PDW and MP5 mags in my possession means I can fight them off all day. I can select full auto for those special occasions too. 'One shotting' zeds with a .45 is quite boring. Although, a Bizon was an excellent alternative to a pistol for creeping about heli crash sites.

Lee Enfield can be nice as your first primary pick up, I'd still pick a Winchester over it though. The Winnie is quite quiet for a shotgun.

Edited by ProdigyMD

My PDW side arm and I agree with this statement. Having plenty of 30 round PDW and MP5 mags in my possession means I can fight them off all day. I can select full auto for those special occasions too. 'One shotting' zeds with a .45 is quite boring. Although, a Bizon was an excellent alternative to a pistol for creeping about heli crash sites.

Lee Enfield can be nice as your first primary pick up, I'd still pick a Winchester over it though. The Winnie is quite quiet for a shotgun.

It's not a shotgun, just has a shotgun round symbol for ammo, it actually fires a .44 Henry round and is termed a "repeating rifle".

Edited by Larce