omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Poll: DayZ or The War Z?

DayZ or The War Z?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. So let's assume that in a utopian future, DayZ is complete and out of alpha/beta, and The War Z is released. Would you stick with DayZ? Or switch?

hard to answer infact i didnt even seen a vid of WarZ! But i will definetly give it a try, and atm i would say im playing WarZ.

Cause this whole DayZthing is moving in the wrong direction!(for me) and i really started hating 98% of Dayz Community even some mods seem to be raised by wolves!

post moved to warz chit-chat.

hm...it would appear that this is DAYZ vs the war z. wonder why it's in dayz general discussion.

This poll is honestly irrelevant because we've only been able to play one of the games. How can anyone really make an objective opinion?

What prove do the developers have? They have said it was in development longer, but who says they haven't lied?? :/

The game is releasing this fall, if they started making War Z after DayZ that means that they've finished the game in less than 6 months.

Not going to read the whole thread and I'm sure this has been stated already, but if you think that War Z won't launch with bugs you're a moron and don't understand how game development works.

If the War Z is not made by Rocket, then I'm staying with DayZ. Simple as that.

E: Fuck that War Z rip-off, it's not a coincidence that they started to make a copy from this mod after it got much sales for Arma2. I first thought "WarZ" was supposed to be the stand-alone name for "DayZ", but then I googled it.

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

I am playing computer games since Fallout 1 and MMOs since Ultima and by experience I can say_

No matter how good/cool/free, all MMOs die while still in their teens

But good original creative Mods live a long happy live.

dayz wins.

PS: I will still give warz a try - if its not the bubble I still suspect it to be...

Edited by TheStoryteller01
  • Like 1

The War Z... Its graphical design does not look very amusing to my eyes and it looks kind of a more casual game than DayZ. A safezone like a big town where players have restrictions?

Also 200-400 square kilometers map with up to 250 players? No thanks, that would be an insane clusterfuck. I havent read much about it so, dunno... Also if the zombies in the game are actual zombies and NOT infected then I will not touch it. I dont like any fantasy mixed with 'realism' in games at all. And there is something fishy about The War Z. I just smell it.

And by the way ''The War Z'' is absolutely horrible as a name. Absolutely freaking ridiculous.

Edited by Shaimou
  • Like 1

I dont see anything wrong with this poll, peeps less then warm reaction to it makes me kinda happy peeps seem loyal to Day Z

But i dont think many peeps realize how different a game it potentially is compared to every other MMO.

When it is standalone (im not even gonna consider if :)) itll be much different to War Z let alone any other game.

Will I play WarZ? Inevitably I guess, given the amount of gamers I live with.

Will i give up on DayZ? lol

• Big open worlds to explore between 200 to 400 square kilometers
  • Two modes of play: Normal and Hardcore
  • Combination of first-person and third-person perspectives
  • Meld of PvE (player versus environment) and PvP (player versus player)
  • Strong Role Playing Elements
  • Multiple playable characters with customizable features
  • Unique social elements, including bounties, help requests, trap setting, etc.
  • Safe settlements where players can purchase, sell and store items as well as post notes for other players
  • Dozens of unique skills that can be learned and improved
  • Up to 250 players per game server
  • New weapons and items become available as players explore the game world
  • Full developer support with regularly scheduled, free content updates
  • Dedicated public servers as well as private servers that can be completely self-managed in game client
  • Single purchase, downloadable client with ability to play full game without subscriptions or requiring in-game transactions

If those items in italics are incorporated, I'd say I'd probably go with War. I like the idea of a safe zone. Maybe like the military zone in 28 days later (granted, they were a bit dodgy, but they were safe - at least until Cillian unchained their zombie pal). The idea of bounties is good too.

However, I have doubts about 250 player persistent world. I mean, it's not impossible - WoWarcraft and other MMO's do it all the time. But for a FPS?

Edited by Lukasaurus

Registered simply to reply to this thread.

As much proof as there is that they're "lying", none. Tons of games are in development for a long time before any official screenshots and gameplay are shown, in fact some games aren't even mentioned until the company has something worth showing or something worth talking about. This is one of the most common facts in the gaming industry so it's not as uncommon as people here seem to think. And developing a game takes time so it's not all that strange that there isn't any gameplay footage other than screenshots right now. People saying that War Z will utterly fail simply because it doesn't have any gameplay footage other than screenshots (actually, some people here seem to think there aren't even screenshots of it, which there are) is just the barking of small insignificant pups.

Everyone bashing and hating on War Z are just afraid that it'll actually be better than their precious Day Z (mind you I play Day Z too and I love it) because they're biased fanboys who can't deal with the fact that something that could possibly be better than what they love playing is on it's way. And because it might actually succeed and that it has a similar name to Day Z people are calling War Z "ripoff" as an excuse to make themselves feel better.

No matter how much or long I ramble about it the general idiocy of people can never be fully comprehended, they bitch and complain simply for the hell of it.

Inb4 all the narrow minded fanboys start raging. I've braced myself for the hate.

As for the poll, I voted both. I'll most likely get War Z but I'll keep playing Day Z as well.

I agree but disagree. I can agree that: yes I would not want to see War Z become better than Day Z because it is original and what I believe to be the beginning of a gaming genre that would be very successful. I want to and would love to see Day Z become as successful it deserves to be and hope that the mod would reach the success of a standalone title which would give the development team and Dean a lot of respect for developing such a fantastic idea. However, you have very much jumped the gun on what I am saying: I am not 'bashing' War Z, I am simply annoyed that many ''Narrow minded fanboys'' would look at War Z and think it to be a huge success and deserves the credit, without acknowledging Day Z to be the original idea that began the genre (which it is, and is even acknowledged by War Z after they stated that they did take some inspiration from Day Z). Don't go ape at me because of what 'fanboys' have annoyed you with...

The game is releasing this fall, if they started making War Z after DayZ that means that they've finished the game in less than 6 months.

Still doesn't mean they haven't just changed the direction of the game in that period...they could have developed a game and engine then in the last 6 months changed it to fit the clear demand for this genre of game.

Since I learned WarZ would be using the War Inc. Engine... I think I'll stay with DayZ if it keeps its promises, or forget about both.

A bit of a weird thread to compare 2 products, of which you know very little to nothing.

The only fact you can go by is that they will have changed a fair bunch (I'd expect quite a lot, be it big or small changes) from what they learned from DayZ as a mod, so the players that liked DayZ are likely to enjoy WarZ too, unless they'd manage to screw up big time, but they have the advantage of having learned from both the positives as well as the negatives DayZ has, resulting in a huge advantage to tweaking a final product (on the other hand the "WoW copies" didn't seem to do that aspect right).

At the moment the poll looks like this:

3YJeK8DEAU2RkvG5rJix5Ru717pES24KE7C4p5N79W1MH.png

The top 2 options are based on nothing, the latter 2 make a lot of sense.

OP you need to get used to all the Jassholes on the DayZ forums, everyone here either whines, or says "lolz u dumb lolz lolz" then whines about a bandit killing them, just ignore them 99% of them are teenagers.

If WarZ has everything they promised, then I would be mostly playing that for sure. However it's impossible to know at this stage, not only have we not been able to play the game yet, we haven't even been able to see the game in action.

All we hear are details about how it will work, but hearing and seeing are different things altogether. If they delivery on everything they said they would, it would be pretty awesome, but who knows what DayZ holds in the future too?

It's impossible to know at this stage and I also hate how people feel they have to quit one game to play the other. It's really simple, you just play the one that feels right to you, the one that gives you the most entertainment. Maybe sometimes you will feel like playing DayZ, other times WarZ, or maybe you won't feel like playing either of them any more. Just play it if you like it, simple as.

As regards to making a decision on which one I will like better though, well that's impossible because one game is in alpha and the other hasn't even had any gameplay footage released.

• Like 1

lol, it seems like your mad becouse somebody made a point...

You obviously have not seen his avatar.

Lots of people are saying that if the game is based off the same engine as War Inc, that it will fail. I did a quick look at some vids last night, and I think that the graphics, UI, and Inventory Management are far superior than what we have in DayZ. Now, I do not know if the WarZ engine has bullet drop and the like, but by looking at the attached video (skip to about halfway through) the environment and chr models seem pretty good. This from a video dated early 2011. Seems like an easy port from War Inc to WarZ.

Now if the DayZ standalone uses the Arma III engine, that could really sway things.

Lots of people are saying that if the game is based off the same engine as War Inc, that it will fail. I did a quick look at some vids last night, and I think that the graphics, UI, and Inventory Management are far superior than what we have in DayZ. Now, I do not know if the WarZ engine has bullet drop and the like, but by looking at the attached video (skip to about halfway through) the environment and chr models seem pretty good. This from a video dated early 2011. Seems like an easy port from War Inc to WarZ.

Now if the DayZ standalone uses the Arma III engine, that could really sway things.

Ahhhh, SideStrafe, what a legend...xD

which ever one has more tools not-related to pvp in the final version.

So basically...

Day-Z

Pros:

Familiarity

Cons:

Bugs out the ass

The War Z

Pros:

It's its own game, so less bugs

Cons:

Unfamiliarity.

------

I'm sorry fellas, the War Z will be much much better.

Yeah, everyone seems to be "Ohh, DayZ I love you so much I'll never leave you, I hate the War Z and hope it dies".

Competition is good. But in the end, there can be only one.

And I'll play whatever that one is.