omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Poll: DayZ or The War Z?

DayZ or The War Z?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. So let's assume that in a utopian future, DayZ is complete and out of alpha/beta, and The War Z is released. Would you stick with DayZ? Or switch?

choose. how you choose is totally up to you. however, it's clear that some people have no imagination whatsoever, and can't imagine things in the future. so here's some pros and cons of both.

DAYZ:

pros:

1. it's playable right now

2. we already know the controls and gameplay

3. we already very familiar with the map and the weapons available

4. free nightvision on every game. (brightness/gamma/HDR)

5. we know what to look for in zombies and players (we can identify both and how they work)

cons:

1. bugs that may or may not be fixed

2. the game may never leave alpha/beta (maybe)

3. kenyan zombies with teleportation technology

4. it's a mod vs standalone (arma 2's bugs are carried over into dayz)

THE WAR Z: (yes, we can assume these from the screenshots)

pros:

1. the game is standalone, so there will be fewer bugs that come with the mod's basegame already

2. the zombies are supposed to be in the game, unlike dayz's impromptu zombies

3. new places to explore, new weapons and vehicles

4. more player interactions besides shooting/alliance then shooting

5. possibly better graphics (maybe)

cons:

1. the map is unfamiliar, as could be the controls (unless they rip off arma 2's controls)

2. the zombies could be buffed (better/harder to avoid than the current dayz ones)

3. it's a ripoff of dayz (yes it was made first, but in everyone's eyes, since it was announced second, it seems like a ripoff. whether or not you consider this con when choosing is completely up to you)

4. overall gameplay could be far more difficult (less food, less ammo, more zombies, whatever other complaints you have)

so there you go, unimaginative people. now choose.

i will stay with dayz. why? because i'm a cheap bastard, and $20 for the admission price for dayz was already pushing it. yeah, i'm poor. so what, wanna fight about it? and besides, since the war z is a standalone game, it is FOR SURE going to be paid for. probably $60 if they're assholes.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

I'm sorry to say that it is a stupid poll comparing an alpha mod - dayZ, with some screenshots -WarZ.

So no vote.

/thread

• Like 17

herp-a-derp, i didn't read the thread.

/thread

"IN A UTOPIAN FUTURE, DAYZ IS COMPLETE AND OUT OF ALPHA/BETA, AND THE WAR Z IS RELEASED"

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 4

"IN A UTOPIAN FUTURE, DAYZ IS COMPLETE AND OUT OF ALPHA/BETA, AND THE WAR Z IS RELEASED"

His point still stands.

Because, how the hell would you know how the games will be in that "utopian future".

• Like 3

War-Z and Day-Z is most likely going to be the same game so this thread is pointless.

What a dumb poll. DayZ is in alpha and we don't know much about WarZ. On what should we base your choice?

His point still stands.

Because, how the hell would you know how the games will be in that "utopian future".

nice rvb avatar.

in either case, bitch all you want people, it's just General Discussion,

lol, it seems like your mad becouse somebody made a point...

• Like 2

lol, it seems like your mad becouse somebody made a point...

No, i'm not mad. my face is blank. i don't care what they think, it's just that they're missing the point of the thread.

• Like 1

Better question:

Use search or Banhammer

No, i'm not mad. my face is blank. i don't care what they think, it's just that they're missing the point of the thread.

Blank with anger deep deep down inside your little mad soul. :)

No one has missed the point of the thread, it's just that the point of the thread is fucking retarded. We're all playing an unfinished game here, and NO ONE has played WarZ, much less seen an actual video of the game play itself...thus, no one can make an educated or informed decision based upon the amount of game play actually available to us.

• Like 2

Seeing by the name of the OP and the amount of memes they have used in their posts I'll play along too.

Stupid pointless poll.

facepalm_jim_76437.jpg

Have an empty bean tin. :emptycan:

Edited by Ammo

oh think this thread is silly? TOO BAD IT'S STAYIN, BITCHEZZZZ

1 Hour later:

This thread was locked becouse it wasn't really going about the thread anymore, but just discussions about the point of this thread.

Lots of promises and no code vs. lots of code and no promises?

Maybe I'm scared by inflated hype and promiscuous gaming journalists. WarZ promises to fulfill your every desire, DayZ promises only hardship and pain, which is refreshing in an industry where normal means easy-mode and hardcore means normal-mode.

• Like 2

I think a big part of what makes DayZ so popular is the tough as nails simulator by BI. Surviving is very hard and frustrating but doable if you use your brain because of the realistic and comprehensible rules. A DayZ mod based on ARMA2 works, a DayZ mod based on something less realistic like L4D IMO wouldn´t work.

(Sadly, BI simply failed to make a fun game out of their simulator, thats what Rocket did and he deserves great kudos for this)

A company that tries to clone DayZ can try make a zombie-apocalypse-survival-horror-MMORPG of any kind, But they will lack the whole combat simulator part that is developed since 1999. And on the other hand it takes many thousands man hours to create a plausible and naturally grown looking map of 200 square kilometers. Of cource you can computer generate a map in much shorter time, but I doubt it would be a GOOD map.

It would be a very, very respectable achievement if they should manage to make something like a persistent-world-L4D. But I would still prefer DayZ in the current state than this.

/edit: I just wanted to add: I think the screens for WarZ are fake. It just looks like ARMA2 with additional god-rays, blur, bells & whistles and cheap eye-candy. And is it a DeLorean in one of the screens?

/2nd edit: typos

Edited by Treehead
  • Like 1

Due t the history ehind the editor of WarZ, I think it'll be a pay to Win.

Otherwise, I might give it a try. Saying DayZ is the übergame and WarZ will be crap is rubbish, we don't even know the kind of features Rocket wants to add later in development.

Side note: i don't really like the art right now from what we saw of WarZ. Seems a bit cartooney. but urban combat is interesting.

Edited by Deuzerre

dayz=fps warz=mmo ,...........

An MMO can be an FPS yanno... Massively Multiplayer Online (Add type of game).

It will be a MMOFPS. Look at Planetside for reference...

Edited by Deuzerre

war z looks like wow with zombies..

Why is so many people keep referencing War Z to WoW. Totally different genres. MMO or not, RPG and FPS is different.

dayz=fps warz=mmo ,...........

:huh: ?

There are tons of MMOFPS in market. APB Reloaded(full of aimbots and griefers but still fun), Fallen Earth and Team Fortress 2 are some of my favorites.

http://www.mmobomb.com/games/mmofps

ps. Anybody wants detailed character customization, APB Reloaded is your game. ;)

Edited by leeo38