rocket

The One, The Only: I HATE TEMP THREAD

Being indoors should prevent catching an infection. Plus the addition of warm clothes would be welcomed or blankets and tents.

I am for body temperature loss if the weather is inclement. Raining? OK makes sense, you'll get cold, etc. But I don't see what this really adds to the game otherwise. The shaking is so annoying... I also can't seem to quite tell when I am getting cold (the gauge on the side isn't terribly helpful in this area, the icon doesn't convey enough information). What do I have to do to get warm?

This is not real life, this is a game, and so when I don't understand that I am getting cold, and I don't know how to get warm because I can't actually see or feel this cold, it is difficult to figure out how to stop the negative effects from making my life harder. Running, being indoors, possibly the proximity of fellow men, these things should, but do not, warm me in game. Just how cold AM I, anyway? Cold enough to see my breath? It should be, if it's making me shake uncontrollably. So I should be able to see my breath and that of other living beings at the very least. But the transitions in real life from comfort to hypothermia are much more nuanced...

I like the idea of illness. I think you should be able to pass it person to person, or by looting, I dunno, water or food from a person you killed that was sick. I think some wells should be poisoned, something like that. But getting cold and then getting a cough? This does not follow. I also do not know how to cure the cough? I shot myself with morphine - this should have stopped the shaking and the cough by suppressing my immune system responses. The morphine did nothing. I'm not saying making the morphine do something is the solution (though it should, so should painkillers, think about codine with cough syrup). But more plentiful firewood and slower loss of body heat from the patch this morning wasn't the solution either.

whats the point in trying to make this game ultra realistic, its not, it got zombies in it. why not go even further and add need for /sleep and watnot

Add blankets and warmer clothes to the spawn list in addition to hot coco and fuzzy bunny slippers. Also' date=' have overheating possibly take place during the day if people are in the sun too long or if they're wearing warm clothes on hot days.

Also, for rain, maybe create rain coats that make some noise when rain splatters off of them.

[/quote']

Whats with these stupid ideas?

WERE NOT IN SAHARA DESERT.

You dont "overheat" in reality by being out in the sun, however if youre out in the sun for hours upon hours and dont drink, you get dehydrated, cause you MAY sweat alot. Then to solve it - Drink.

And you dont get flu or catch a cold in a summer like enviroment just because you happen to be outside for 3 hours. (In the game like minutes)

Anyone notice temp dropping extremely fast inside vehicles as time moves towards night?

I am for body temperature loss if the weather is inclement. Raining? OK makes sense' date=' you'll get cold, etc. But I don't see what this really adds to the game otherwise. The shaking is so annoying... I also can't seem to quite tell when I am getting cold (the gauge on the side isn't terribly helpful in this area, the icon doesn't convey enough information). What do I have to do to get warm?

This is not real life, this is a game, and so when I don't understand that I am getting cold, and I don't know how to get warm because I can't actually see or feel this cold, it is difficult to figure out how to stop the negative effects from making my life harder. Running, being indoors, possibly the proximity of fellow men, these things should, but do not, warm me in game. Just how cold AM I, anyway? Cold enough to see my breath? It should be, if it's making me shake uncontrollably. So I should be able to see my breath and that of other living beings at the very least. But the transitions in real life from comfort to hypothermia are much more nuanced...

I like the idea of illness. I think you should be able to pass it person to person, or by looting, I dunno, water or food from a person you killed that was sick. I think some wells should be poisoned, something like that. But getting cold and they getting a cough? This does not follow. I also do not know how to cure the cough? I shot myself with morphine - this should have stopped the shaking and the cough by suppressing my immune system responses. The morphine did nothing. I'm not saying making the morphine do something is the solution (though it should, so should painkillers, think about codine with cough syrup). But more plentiful firewood and slower loss of body heat from the patch this morning wasn't the solution either.

[/quote']

It doesnt turn cold because its raining, maybe during night, but there are plenty of times where its 20c++ and its raining.

Then theres "warm" thunderstorms and "cold" thunderstorms.

Well, with temperature forcing people to disconnect when it rains and having to carry wood when the essentials are all around us is daft. Whats next? If rocket Is wanting a realistic anti game then whenever you break your leg ingamr you should have to sit inside for a month? Beg for a person to come bring you painkillers because you can't walk? No. Its a game and people want to play it, don't abuse them by making daft changes such as needing wood. Your character in dayz is a genius, he can fix helicopters and operate everything he comes across, you wouldn't make a change where you had to sit for hours waiting for your characterto read the instruction manual for a chopped before you could fly off would you?

Stop crippling people who want to enjoy the game. The world is harsh enough, I don't want to be avoiding places because "it looks cold" or that I have no firewood.

On the subject of fires, I don't see no wood, there is a ring of rocks, why don't I have to collect rocks too?

Anyone notice temp dropping extremely fast inside vehicles as time moves towards night?

It's dropping 1 every 4 seconds in the UAZ we are driving at nearly 1800 game time.

IF YOUR FUCKING HOTFIX WILL BE AVAILABLE IN LIKE 2-3 DAYS WHY NOT

BUT IF WE HAVE TO FUCKING WAIT TWO WEEKS WITH A " LOLTEST " FEATURE, MORE FRUSTRATING THAN INTERESTING BECAUSE OF MISSING ELEMENTS AND LACK OF POLISING, NO THANKS BRO, KEEP IT TILL IT'S READY

YUP MY TEARS ARE FLOWING

YUP MY NERVES ARE FUCKING BREAKING

YUP I'M SICK OF BEING RAPED AT EVERY PATCH BY GOOD IDEAS, BUT UNPOLISHED IDEAS

CAPS LOCK BECAUSE IT'S COOL

IN BEFORE " BARDUUURRR HUUUR ALPHA HUUURRR "

Your capslock key appears to be stuck. Stuck in your blind rage, you seem to forget, that you could just go indoors for a few minutes to regain temperature.

Ok so now the most dangerous thing is colds, i got a cold almost instantly the times i've tried it. If the system will stay like this then i will probably not be playing the game anymore, it's gone from challenging and hardcore to just plain stupid.

The problem is : rocket is adding new ideas and stuff, it's great, but of course it's not polished and not well rounded = frustration for the players and kills the fun.

Now if rocket, like in the good old times, release quick hotfixes based on players feedback, it would be cool and there will be no place for tears.

The problem is : now the hotfixes and patches takes two fucking weeks to come. And playing two fucking weeks with a not polished feature, more frustrating than interesting FUCKING SUCK HUGE DICKS CAN YOU READ MY GOD DAMN WORDS IT'S CAPS, IN FUCKING CAPS AND YOU SHOULD DROWN YOURSELF IN MY TEARS ROCKET.

Guys, chill out. It's an experiment so go with it for some days, report obvious bugs (the car/temp seems like one) and suck it up/adapt. What does it matter if you die because of it, it's alpha and we are all meant to die anyway.

Simple "it sucks", "it's not realistic" serve no purpose.

From playing this morning:

- Was an early morning, cloudy day. I seem to lose, over the course of about 1h and a half scavenging/running, around 20-30 temp. Seemed fine.

- Found about 6 wood piles in various buildings.

- Fireplace system worked perfectly and brought back my temp to 100 quite fast (from 70ish).

- It seems that if you put out a fire even just after lighting it up will consume the wood so you can't just relit it afterwards, you need a new wood pile.

- New Interface system worked wonder. I didn't have a chance to try bandaging others however.

- Filling bottles in ponds work wonder now, no need to swim anymore. While at it, swimming does fuck up your temps fast.

- Tents do not seem to raise your temp or provide cover. Maybe a mix system with it could be nice, something like you don't lose temp within a 5m radius of a tent?

- Could not find any antibiotics in two different hospitals, various medical tents and one airfield/tower. Might become a very serious issue especially since the server I play on usually is like always cloudy and rainy and I play quite often at dusk/night time. Maybe having them drop at a very, very low % chance from civilian houses would help a bit.

- Noticed a lower zombie count overall and didn't notice issues with respawns. Compared to 1.5.7, this was pretty much a walk in the park. I'm worried that we might revert back to a 1.5.6 situation where people got bored with zombies and just kill everyone, everywhere, just for kicks, because nobody's afraid of zombies anymore. I'll reserve final judgement till end of the week when I have more played time.

- Flares seem to lure zombies decently, didn't test chemlights.

- Cans and bottles don't see to do much anymore when thrown, maybe was just bad luck.

- Noticed a drop in bolt drops (could be just bad luck), which sucks since I'm a heavy xbow user and corpses get fucked in walls quite often :)

I'll post more once I get more play time into me, but so far, so good.

Can't wait for custom skins.

The issue with wood here is, in my view, that if it were made realistic, and wood was able to be found in virtually any forest, then wood would be exceedingly easy to come by. By which point making a fire would be exactly the same process as it was in 1.5.7, except that you would need some fairly arbitrary extra storage space to hold wood as well. The temperature thing has promise but I don't think the wood idea can be implemented in a way that is both realistic *and* meaningful.

I think the variable temp is a decet idea but if overdone it will result in more downtime for players (uneeded time sinks) and server hopping to avoid rain etc.

Much like the bone-breaking concept which is good, it is overdone when a door crushes your bones, or laying on a rock.

For temp I think slow temp reduction in rain, high in water etc. is fine, but having too many ways to drop temp results in more tedious gameplay an less action so to speak.

I have give survival instruction for years and body temp is rarely an issue to consider on the hour.

perhaps if you spend too much time in the sun, you could get extremely hot? this way you could be forced to consume water to lower your temp?

people pass out from heat all of the time.

Didnt see this mentioned before, but i say you add an increased chance of catching a cold from interracting with a corpse of a player who had a cold, for first 5 minutes of their death. As a final parting gift to someone who killed you by hearing you :)

IF YOUR FUCKING HOTFIX WILL BE AVAILABLE IN LIKE 2-3 DAYS WHY NOT

BUT IF WE HAVE TO FUCKING WAIT TWO WEEKS WITH A " LOLTEST " FEATURE' date=' MORE FRUSTRATING THAN INTERESTING BECAUSE OF MISSING ELEMENTS AND LACK OF POLISING, NO THANKS BRO, KEEP IT TILL IT'S READY

YUP MY TEARS ARE FLOWING

YUP MY NERVES ARE FUCKING BREAKING

YUP I'M SICK OF BEING RAPED AT EVERY PATCH BY GOOD IDEAS, BUT UNPOLISHED IDEAS

CAPS LOCK BECAUSE IT'S COOL

IN BEFORE " BARDUUURRR HUUUR ALPHA HUUURRR "

[/quote']

You do know that hotfix was done pretty much few hours after the patch release... Right?

You realize that the person you're raging at, stayed at work will very early next day to do that... Right?

How about show some respect, turning off the caps lock, and trying to keep up with the news.

Splendid, glad we're on the same page.

This ties in with the wood thread.... basically, it's daft that you have to find wood piles specifically. As wood is clearly available everywhere on the map (trees, buildings, waste piles, furnature), a much better mechanic would be to make boxes of matches have a set finite number of matches in them.

So, the fuel (wood) should not be a problem and assumed to be readilty available anywhere, where as match boxes are quite rare and spawn with a random number of matches from 3 to 10 or something.

Played about 2-4 hours at night, lost 0 temp. Is it a difficulty-dependent setting?

Remove this feature allready. It's lame IMO. You have to find wood' date=' matches in citys crawled with bandits and zombies, and that is allready really hard wen is day time + 10x at night.

Please remove this, its not a real life simulator. These useless features are going to long.

Next thing, "time to take a shit, find a bathroom before you die with shit up in your ass"

[/quote']

FUTURE 1.59 CHANGELAWG:

[New] New shit meter added

Then...

Official everybody hates shitting thread.

Hotfix for 1.59:

Fixed every zombie in the server racing towards you when you shit your pants.

Fixed toilet paper being too rare.

This ties in with the wood thread.... basically' date=' it's daft that you have to find wood piles specifically. As wood is clearly available everywhere on the map (trees, buildings, waste piles, furnature), a much better mechanic would be to make boxes of matches have a set finite number of matches in them.

So, the fuel (wood) should not be a problem and assumed to be readilty available anywhere, where as match boxes are quite rare and spawn with a random number of matches from 3 to 10 or something.

[/quote']

The problem of fire being much more necessary still exists, though, doesn't it? Now pretty much everyone needs to start a fire to stay warm. Most people I've met have never started a fire. I've never even seen a matchbox.

Remove this feature allready. It's lame IMO. You have to find wood' date=' matches in citys crawled with bandits and zombies, and that is allready really hard wen is day time + 10x at night.

Please remove this, its not a real life simulator. These useless features are going to long.

Next thing, "time to take a shit, find a bathroom before you die with shit up in your ass"

[/quote']

FUTURE 1.59 CHANGELAWG:

[New] New shit meter added

Then...

Official everybody hates shitting thread.

Hotfix for 1.59:

Fixed every zombie in the server racing towards you when you shit your pants.

Fixed toilet paper being too rare.

Shit metter added

You have to take a shit all 5 minutes ( realist hardcore survival fuck carebears )

You have to find toilet paper to wipe your ass or you loose blood

There's only three toilet paper on the map and a clan of russian already owns them

Yeah i'm being sarcastic, but let's be honest it's a bit like that at the moment.

I think the problem here is its going to make the night time servers even more deserted and the day time servers even more rammed. Its one thing starting a fire and sitting by it during the day, but if you HAVE to do it at night or risk infection, then you might aswell be standing up with a massive sign over your head saying "Im over here! come get me!"