rocket

Build 1.5.8 rolling update

Im going to chime in as well with maybe this isnt the game for you. In all honesty, any online game where you only play an hour a day, you might not master for a long time. But I wouldnt go around expecting the devs to reduce the skill levels necessary to appeal to the most casual player. As for that as well, I solo and play a minimal amount a week and have had a great time, ive got most of the non-military loot available and atent to stash it in, although my winnie isnt looking so great now. You just need to learn to sneak and to have eyes in the back of my head, and mostly avoid everyone else.

Funny' date=' I felt that this game had the worst time when 1.5.6 came in and everything went back to getting better, after 1.5.7.

[/quote']

I joined up just to reply to this.

I want to preface this by saying that I am one of those noobs that got into the mod just because it was all over the news. I'm not one of the hardcore old-timers :(

I agree with the above statement. 1.5.6 was easy mode and I'm glad we've moved past it. I may have only been playing for the past week and a half or so, but I don't need my hand to be held.

If the previous versions were closer to 1.5.7, then I'm sorry I missed them.

Ah, i was wondering when Rocket would cast his gaze upon the Winchester. Alas my dear Winchester, it has been fun.

SORRY FOR CAPS IN ADVANCE!

WHEN WILL PEOPLE REALISE THIS IS A FUCKING ALPHA! ROCKET IS FUCKING ABOUT WITH THE UI/INVENTORY SYSTEM THROUGH EXPERIMENTATION.

ITS A MASSIVE CASE OF TRIAL AND ERROR AT THE MOMENT AND PEOPLE NEED TO REALISE THIS IS NOT A FINISHED FUCKING PRODUCT!

IF YOU LOSE YOUR SHIT THROUGH A NEW BUG OR GLITCH, ITS NOT NICE BUT ITS ULTIMATELY A CASE OF "TOUGH SHIT".

IF YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE CANT HANDLE CHANGES, GLITCHES OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS A RESULT OF PROGRAMMING, THEN I SUGGEST YOU COME BACK IN 6 MONTHS WHEN ITLL PROBABLY BE A BETA!

DEFINITION OF AN ALPHA:

The first test of newly developed hardware or software in a laboratory setting. When the first round of bugs has been fixed, the product goes into beta test with actual users. For custom software, the customer may be invited into the vendor's facilities for an alpha test to ensure the client's vision has been interpreted properly by the developer.

SO ESSENTIALLY, WERE LUCKY TO EVEN BE HERE FFS. SO TAKE YOUR MOANING HAT OFF AND APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT WE ARE AIDING THE CREATION OF POSSIBLY THE BEST MOD FOR ANY GAME EVER MADE!

Again, sorry for caps!

oh thanks you Rocket! u r really made me happy, this game is my favorit game for all life. i just want, for you know about one most happe human from Russia, which love you, true love! Respect!

UPDATE : 21 MAY 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.5.8

* dayz_equip 1.2.4

* dayz_sfx 1.1.2

* dayz 1.2.5

* dayz_weapons 1.1.2

None of the file servers have sfx or weapons 1.1.2, just 1.1.1.

UPDATE : 21 MAY 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.5.8

* dayz_equip 1.2.4

* dayz_sfx 1.1.2

* dayz 1.2.5

* dayz_weapons 1.1.2

None of the file servers have sfx or weapons 1.1.2' date=' just 1.1.1.

[/quote']

Dude, read through the thread, this has been explained about a dozen times already. They are updated files, they just forgot to update the filename. So the file D/L of 1.1.1 is actually 1.1.2, just the name is wrong.

It would be beyond amazing if you would get your hands on this

and other music from 28dayslater/28weekslater. :)

Dude' date=' read through the thread, this has been explained about a dozen times already. They are updated files, they just forgot to update the filename. So the file D/L of 1.1.1 is actually 1.1.2, just the name is wrong.

[/quote']

The problem with that is I did download them and they are the same files that I already have.

edit: and yes I tried from all three file servers

Cool, thanks for the patch!

I'm a bit worried about how this infection system will work, it could be awesome if it works as I hope, or in the worst case scenario it could just make me avoid night time and maybe even daytime if it's raining... We'll see ^^

The inventory system seems pretty interesting, though I'm worried about how it will affect my survival rate in panic situations :D

Also, thanks for nerfing the Winchester. We were talking with a friend just yesterday about how it's way too good :P

About the zombies... Was it just the amount of zombies that got reduced or is there a fix in the occasional super-fast respawns (and just random respawns, sometimes)? It's no fun when you're running to a hangar and 20 zeds spawn all around you and hear the dinner bell ring instantly. Or when the zombies spawn faster than you can kill them, ending up with almost 200 kills until you run out of ammo, as happened to me in Novy Sobor a couple of days back.

Anyway, thanks again! Keep up the epic work!

The problem with that is I did download them and they are the same files that I already have.

Then you are doing it wrong.

I can't seem to click on any items. I keep right in the inventory menu. On the left side it does nothing, whereas in the pistol slot it just drops the item.

Any help?

Cheers.

Pretty decent update. Still a bit upset that you didn't remove the bandit skins just yet, as i am still stuck with something like -20k humanity.

I'll just have to wait :)

good work

SORRY FOR CAPS IN ADVANCE!

WHEN WILL PEOPLE REALISE THIS IS A FUCKING ALPHA! ROCKET IS FUCKING ABOUT WITH THE UI/INVENTORY SYSTEM THROUGH EXPERIMENTATION.

ITS A MASSIVE CASE OF TRIAL AND ERROR AT THE MOMENT AND PEOPLE NEED TO REALISE THIS IS NOT A FINISHED FUCKING PRODUCT!

IF YOU LOSE YOUR SHIT THROUGH A NEW BUG OR GLITCH' date=' ITS NOT NICE BUT ITS ULTIMATELY A CASE OF "TOUGH SHIT".

IF YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE CANT HANDLE CHANGES, GLITCHES OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS A RESULT OF PROGRAMMING, THEN I SUGGEST YOU COME BACK IN 6 MONTHS WHEN ITLL PROBABLY BE A BETA!

DEFINITION OF AN ALPHA:

The first test of newly developed hardware or software in a laboratory setting. When the first round of bugs has been fixed, the product goes into beta test with actual users. For custom software, the customer may be invited into the vendor's facilities for an alpha test to ensure the client's vision has been interpreted properly by the developer.

SO ESSENTIALLY, WERE LUCKY TO EVEN BE HERE FFS. SO TAKE YOUR MOANING HAT OFF AND APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT WE ARE AIDING THE CREATION OF POSSIBLY THE BEST MOD FOR ANY GAME EVER MADE!

Again, sorry for caps!

[/quote']

Err. People are giving feedback even if most complain. You said it yourself, so don't CAPS if people are actually helping this become a better mod.

Err. People are giving feedback even if most complain. You said it yourself' date=' so don't CAPS if people are actually helping this become a better mod.

[/quote']

Constructive feedback is fine. Whining like a bitch and calling something shit is not.

so the game got harder right? i felt like it was too easy on 1.5.7 =P. got a group of 3 friends plus 3 winnys and the game is on easy mode. cant wait to try out the new patch later tonight =)

and being a bandit is bad why? pff softcore girls

I hope you're trolling and not just an idiot. There's nothing wrong with being a bandit, i just want to be a human from time to time. I am not ALWAYS in the mood to go on a killing spree and murder every player i see. That said, as a bandit i am constantly a "kill-on-sight", so nobody ever lets me get close enough to prove i am friendly.

Can't wait for the skin to be removed. :)

and being a bandit is bad why? pff softcore girls

I hope you're trolling and not just an idiot. There's nothing wrong with being a bandit' date=' i just want to be a human from time to time. I am not ALWAYS in the mood to go on a killing spree and murder every player i see. That said, as a bandit i am constantly a "kill-on-sight", so nobody ever lets me get close enough to prove i am friendly.

Can't wait for the skin to be removed. :)

[/quote']

Although I guess for some people knowing that you'll turn into a bandit skin will make them refrain from killing other players :P

Me included :P

But yeah, I'm looking forward seeing how it turns out when he removes the skin :)

Err. People are giving feedback even if most complain. You said it yourself' date=' so don't CAPS if people are actually helping this become a better mod.

[/quote']

Constructive feedback is fine. Whining like a bitch and calling something shit is not.

You don't get to decide what is fine or not, users can decide to whine and bitch if they want, like you with your all-caps post. Its up to the mods to ban users who break the rules. And if enough users call something shit, maybe that's not the direction the mod should go. Ultimately Rocket is who decides so, whatever the fuck, I know I will play it anyways, lulz.

Also, thanks Rocket, this is the best mod I've ever played.

If that's the road it is taking I might as well just stop playing now then. I don't want to play an ultra realistic zombie survival game.

Looks to me sir, that you picked the wrong mod. The Arma platform has always been about ultra realism, so ideally of course any mod built on it is going to do its best to follow that line of thought, the way it's going it will only get more realistic. If that isn't to your taste there are plenty of other less realistic zombie games out there that may accommodate your preferences.

So are antibiotics as rare as before? I got an infection by getting hit once by a zed and my blood keeps going down, how low does it go?

I love all the new features' date=' I feel like I'm trying to survive even more so now!

Not sure if I like the new inventory clicking though, I had gotten very familiar and use to using the scroll wheel options. Do you think this could be made a option to pick which to use or have both as options?

[/quote']

It's looking good so far.. UNTIL THE UNGODLY FPS DROPPING RAIN OF DOOM FALLS!!! Something seems to be wrong with the rain :(

So are antibiotics as rare as before? I got an infection by getting hit once by a zed and my blood keeps going down' date=' how low does it go?

[/quote']

u will lose 2000 blood from what i read in hotfix