Does ANYONE play this game in a server where it is night? It really sucks because the servers that are available to me all tend to be veteran and at night.. I can't see a damn thing, and if someone thinks I'm going to move an inch from where I am in the darkness, considering how dangerous the game is at noon, they can go suck an egg. It's madness. It's really scary already hearing gunshots after being spawned near one of the cities and picking up an ALICE pack that I don't want to lose.

I feel stuck, and I'm really getting thirsty.. Day one of thirst.

Does ANYONE play this game in a server where it is night? It really sucks because the servers that are available to me all tend to be veteran and at night.. I can't see a damn thing, and if someone thinks I'm going to move an inch from where I am in the darkness, considering how dangerous the game is at noon, they can go suck an egg. It's madness. It's really scary already hearing gunshots after being spawned near one of the cities and picking up an ALICE pack that I don't want to lose.

That's the best part of this game; when it's night time and it's dangerous.

Try turning up your gamma/brightness.

Edited by Dr. Phil

I try not to play at night i am in pst us and when it gets dark i switch over to a euro server to play in day time..

That doesn't really help, turning up the gamma/brightness :l

It did one time, but not where I am..

then i guess it's time to switch servers or use a flare.

• Like 2

I have another question, if you don't mind, Mr. Phil. My screen randomly shook and on the middle-right side of my user-interface, there is an icon that is white and resembled something like a connection being broken? What does that mean?

I have another question, if you don't mind, Mr. Phil. My screen randomly shook and on the middle-right side of my user-interface, there is an icon that is white and resembled something like a connection being broken? What does that mean?

What. Could be pain killers that you need to take. Can't tell you until I know what it is. Or fractured arm as the above poster stated.

I don't have the equipment to move around at night (except popping a few flares) but I do, strangely, enjoy building a fire in a hidden place. It's kinda freaky, then when you hear the gunshots in the distance, you can't help but wonder....

You're in shock. It'll go away eventually. Nothing to be done.

As for how dark it is, ArmA II - and, therefore, DayZ - follows the moon cycle in-game. Right now, the moon is in its waxing crescent phase - something like 10% full. Within a week it will be half full, which means you should be able to see pretty well in-game. Until then, use your flashlight or flares (though both will attract zombies and other players, on larger servers) or play on daytime servers. Plenty of American servers are set up on a reverse time cycle, which means the dead of night in their corner of the world is broad daylight in the server.

It kind of amazes me that nobody else could tell you any of this shit, frankly. I don't understand why people post in topics like these when they don't know how the game works.

• Like 2

Chemlight + axe combo is OP durring nightime raids. Just get blue ones and keep your ears open for gunshots.

Edited by HerrJon

You're in shock. It'll go away eventually. Nothing to be done.

As for how dark it is, ArmA II - and, therefore, DayZ - follows the moon cycle in-game. Right now, the moon is in its waxing crescent phase - something like 10% full. Within a week it will be half full, which means you should be able to see pretty well in-game. Until then, use your flashlight or flares (though both will attract zombies and other players, on larger servers) or play on daytime servers. Plenty of American servers are set up on a reverse time cycle, which means the dead of night in their corner of the world is broad daylight in the server.

It kind of amazes me that nobody else could tell you any of this shit, frankly. I don't understand why people post in topics like these when they don't know how the game works.

well he never asked how the game worked or why it's night time or how the moon functions or anything but thanks for the information.

I love night, your chances of getting killed by bandits will be lower, though you really need to be careful of running into zombies, haha.

well he never asked how the game worked or why it's night time or how the moon functions or anything but thanks for the information.

Hrm.

Does ANYONE play this game in a server where it is night? It really sucks because the servers that are available to me all tend to be veteran and at night.. I can't see a damn thing[...]

My screen randomly shook and on the middle-right side of my user-interface, there is an icon that is white and resembled something like a connection being broken? What does that mean?

Oh wait, I answered both of those questions in my post - almost as if he had asked about them.

My God.

Try turning up your gamma/brightness.

That's the cheap way. Either play in the dark without altering your setting or get a pair of sexy NVGs.

I discovered a few hours ago after playing for 2 days in the dark, throw chemlight - pick chemlight up. can still use pistol or rifle didnt try any melee weaponry.

And thanks for that info on the moon cycles I just purchased arma 2 just for dayz. I did wonder why a little bit ago it seemed like a full moon then nothing, I didnt make the connection at all.

Edit - Cant you just take some painkillers for the shakes?

Edited by Celestia

Don't get attached to your gear...

That's the cheap way. Either play in the dark without altering your setting or get a pair of sexy NVGs.

Using guns is cheap. Real men kill their opponents with tin cans.

I agree with that completely,

Night time is tricky, you can't see anything but neither can they. flashlight is nice, not sure if zombies are attracted to it though but other players will see you so that sucks, flares work well also just make sure you know how hard you are throwing them or else you'll probably launch that baby lol.

Good luck, turn the music up while playing at night and walk through the woods o.O

It's interesting how long this thread has stayed on the front page.. Well I didn't think people would be arguing, either. Thanks to everyone who gave any kind of insight/information, it's very appreciated!

The night time makes the suck abit though, since playing at night is making the horror aspect of the game pretty much go sky high. Even though you cannot play at night i find it kinda cool to run around with the road light thingys. Sometimes though i feel like i cant see anything, which happens to alot of people. I get why the darkness is way up since it more like real life. However, this is a game, you should atleast be able to play.

Night is the best time to travel, I sometimes switch to night time servers for travel... Turn your gamma up so you can see and you can fully sprint and zombies won't follow you and players cant see you.