Sign in to follow this  
RadarExcel

DayZ standalone mac compatible?

Okay so I have a mac and desperately want to play this game (Not just this, others included, but mostly DayZ) and I'd be willing to bootcamp my CPU to get it but if the standalone version coming out in September is going to be mac compatible I'd be willing to wait. So if theres any news on the standalone version being mac compatible or even being ported to the xbox and I'm missing it I would greatly appreciate a link. If there isnt any news then can some of you for lack of a better name "CPU know it alls" tell me if its even possible for DayZ to be played on mac?

Nope (currently there is no word about mac support. So that's the best answer out there so far)

and us "CPU know it alls" are called PC users. Which include Mac knowledge. Its a sweet deal, should join us. Its pretty easy to learn.

Edited by zenatsu
  • Like 2

Considering Mac's are on an intel chipset all you need to do is dual boot windoze and you're flying!

• Like 1

Id also like to see the standalone of mac, but if not just get parallels, thats what I use. It means you can run OSX and windows at the same time

I play DayZ on my Macbook Pro using bootcamp. It is a mess with the key bindings and I am too lazy to fix that but it works well enough,

If it is a standalone application it MIGHT be able to be run via an emulator such as WINE, but there can be no guarantees on that. Dual boot is easier and works better, it's what I do.

Macs are not designed for gaming and game developers don't bother to make games or fully port them for OSX, probably because of the first point and the number of people who would want to play it on a Mac is too small to justify it. It is best if you just use WINE or bootcamp to get it running, but that will impact the performance.

Off topic: unless i'm totally missing something a "CPU know it alls" is someone who knows a shitton about processors, but i don't think thats what you mean.

(so in short CPU stands for Central Processing Unit aka, you processor. I know its hard to beleve but even a mac has a processor :P)

On topic: like Jay-me said. as long as you have an intel processor ( aka CPU :P) you can dualboot windows on your mac. All it takes is a windows cd (pretty sure im not allowed to go into detail on a public forum, but lets just say theres sites that allow you to Pirate windows for free and then Remove the authentification service ( also named WAT)).

You can find guides for it on the internet but its as basicly as simple as:

1) search for bootcamp in finder

2) run it + but you windows cd in the drive bay

3)let bootcamp install windows

4) once in windows insert your mac osx install cd and install windows drivers. for the love of god please update ur drivers esp the gfx ones.

-You don't lose performance ( i have a mbp myself, don't use it for gaming, but im 99.9999% sure u don't lose any performance).

-Don't count on it being released for mac, releases for mac comes mostly from developers that have the cash to invest in the little money you gain for developing it for mac. And if i can take a wild guess, i'm pretty sure Rocket ( and basicly everyone else) cba programming in Objective C (whoever decided it was a good plan to require Obj C for mac development should be shot and teabagged severely.)

I have highlighted some words that are totally random, they may or may not help you in your google searches *WINK*

Edited by AluCaRdBe
  • Like 1

I play DayZ on my Macbook Pro using bootcamp. It is a mess with the key bindings and I am too lazy to fix that but it works well enough,

Could you tell how??

I also run DayZ through bootcamp on an Imac.

You just need to buy a windows 7 disk & key then go to your spotlight and type in 'bootcamp' and follow the on screen instructions.

Failing that just google it. There's tons of support out there. Took me an evening to get it sorted but well worth it.

Don't be put off mac users this game runs like a dream on mac.

• Like 1

like the most say use bootcamp, its really easy to install, just google it there are plenty of tutorials and dont forget to install all the drivers correctly because if you dont do that then there is a big change that windows will not run very good.

Edited by Mezeberelk

When you have successfully installed windows when you turn your mac on you need to hold down the 'alt' key until it gives you the option to boot up in either OS or Windows. That confused me for a few minutes :P

Edited by Outlaw Bish