chad57

Singaporean / SG server players, look no more! Small group of dedicated survivors is open.

Hi guys...

Finally made an account here after speaking with Chad. hopefully get some good runs in with you

Hey chad, i'm friends with nachi, just added you on steam

big nerf to pistols :S wouldn't be so bad if the zombies don't warp so much. Headshots are kinda unreliable atm.

Where did you get that data? No wonder my makarov can't do sh*t, lol...

I gonna stick with my enfield for time being.

Just did a solo loot run when Pain decided to come along NWAF for a while. He needed to go soon after and I was back to solo looting. Managed to loot a remington flashlight with 3 full slugs. I think I'm in a trouble atm. Need food soon. I'll trade the remington with all its slugs for 3 or 4 foods, steak or canned food will do. :beans: Dying cause of starvation ain't funny. :P

Where did you get that data? No wonder my makarov can't do sh*t, lol...

I gonna stick with my enfield for time being.

ArmA2's latest patch was officially released yesterday after months of beta patches, and it unexpectedly brought with it a number of nerfs to weapons used in DayZ. The thing that the most people have noticed is that revolvers and M1911's can't one shot zombies anymore... but it gets worse.

All pistols and submachine guns have had their damage reduced. Shotgun slugs, the Lee Enfield, AK-74, AKS-74U, and AKS-74 Kobra had their damage reduced as well.

It's not all nerfs though! The Dinner Bell may be losing its name: the audible range on the Lee Enfield went down from 234m to 162m. It's now more in line with guns like the AKM or FN FAL. That's a nice usability improvement, and in my own opinion, a more reasonable amount of damage for the gun. I'm curious to see how all of these changes will affect the game in the coming days.

http://www.dayzdb.co...es-in-arma2-162

New values mentioned in the link.

Edited by thegr8anand
  • Like 1

ouch, that sucks how many of you went down last night?

go find heli crash sights and get the L85A2, thermal vision is the best for bandits i cleaned out 2 from NWAF the night before. silent and deadly =]

4 good people went down last night. What? Thermal vision goggles do exist here?

I left my good gear like NVGs and L85 behind as I don't know you guys (I was doing this before meeting up with you guys). You can kill me or get me killed with bad tactics. And the reason I survived is because I broke off from the group to watch from a far so I wasn't far off. :P

I usually play with monocled gentlemen from a prestigious gaming magazine on US/Europe servers but it is hard to be on at the same time due to time zone difference. We are mostly done with Dayz and playing less often now. We got so bored once we had a race to Cherno, it ended up with loss of lives and vehicles. But it was fun. :)

All was in the name for NVG. Anyway keep in touch.

All but me and Dayzgamersg. We should have been more careful. Pain and Chad dc'd and we're confused due to the darkness. We should have run to forest once we know that Chad was killed.

Also, Bear. I didn't hear you saying there are people up the roof yesterday. Maybe I missed that. Sry, my bad.

Everything's just a microphone away. Darn it.

Hi guys...

Finally made an account here after speaking with Chad. hopefully get some good runs in with you

This thread gathers all of us, posting here is more than enough to appreciate it.

Keep online and let's see if you'll be there when we're going to do something big.

Hi, new singaporean player here, can i join anyone here?

Got Steam?

Hey chad, i'm friends with nachi, just added you on steam

Done. :rolleyes:

Just did a solo loot run when Pain decided to come along NWAF for a while. He needed to go soon after and I was back to solo looting. Managed to loot a remington flashlight with 3 full slugs. I think I'm in a trouble atm. Need food soon. I'll trade the remington with all its slugs for 3 or 4 foods, steak or canned food will do. :beans: Dying cause of starvation ain't funny. :P

Still need food?

4 good people went down last night. What? Thermal vision goggles do exist here?

the L85A2 found at heli sites, the scope has NV and Thermal capabilities =] i can see a rabbit hop away 800m away perfectly. :)

the L85A2 found at heli sites, the scope has NV and Thermal capabilities =] i can see a rabbit hop away 800m away perfectly.

Ok, off to crash sites we'll go then. :D Then we'll hunt at night like predators. :P

Anyway, we decided to go to Stary Sobor to go for a loot run today. All went smooth when suddenly a bandit ( His IGN is Jason, so you hear him saying friendly, kill him. He's a bandit. ) shot me and I quickly dropped to 3k HP. Chad's trigger happy habit saved me again.

I quickly run to the farthest building, bandaged myself, and tried to give cover fire to help Chad. I dunno if I hit him, but he died and soon after Chad died, too. He sacrificed himself for his team mate ( what a hero :D Thanks a lot, Chad! ). I quickly run out and Izz3 gave me a cover fire.

Finally we got out but Izz3 slipped and dropped dead from the height. :( ( Should be more careful, dude. :P ) And yeah... By a strange power, I'm the only one in the middle of hotzone who got away alive... again. All hail to the trigger happy reflex dude and the awesome cover fire dude. :D Looking forward to go for more bandit hunting tomorrow to increase our experience. :)

ArmA2's latest patch was officially released yesterday after months of beta patches, and it unexpectedly brought with it a number of nerfs to weapons used in DayZ. The thing that the most people have noticed is that revolvers and M1911's can't one shot zombies anymore... but it gets worse.

All pistols and submachine guns have had their damage reduced. Shotgun slugs, the Lee Enfield, AK-74, AKS-74U, and AKS-74 Kobra had their damage reduced as well.

It's not all nerfs though! The Dinner Bell may be losing its name: the audible range on the Lee Enfield went down from 234m to 162m. It's now more in line with guns like the AKM or FN FAL. That's a nice usability improvement, and in my own opinion, a more reasonable amount of damage for the gun. I'm curious to see how all of these changes will affect the game in the coming days.

http://www.dayzdb.co...es-in-arma2-162

New values mentioned in the link.

I just one shot one kill about 10 zombies (at the head) today using my beloved Makarov. IMO headshot still can one shot zombies...

BTW Jacques, msg me if you want to go headhunting bandits tomorrow, love to be part of your team :)

Edited by ChongX3

I just one shot one kill about 10 zombies (at the head) today using my beloved Makarov. IMO headshot still can one shot zombies...

BTW Jacques, msg me if you want to go headhunting bandits tomorrow, love to be part of your team

Erm, Chad's team. :) I'm just a learning overwatch dude and he's the leader of today's group. But, yea sure. I'll be contacting you before we go out, Sam. :D

@Brix

I don't think it can see through walls like Infra Red can do but - haven't found one so I dunno exactly.

@Chad and Izz3

Have you guys taken back every single thing in your decaying body? I took some medical things to give back to both of you since I don't have enough space to get both of your guns.

can i join too? my steam is alstoncys

I'll add you later.

the L85A2 found at heli sites, the scope has NV and Thermal capabilities =] i can see a rabbit hop away 800m away perfectly. :)

Oh God that's just too sweet to be real.

Ok, off to crash sites we'll go then. :D Then we'll hunt at night like predators. :P

Anyway, we decided to go to Stary Sobor to go for a loot run today. All went smooth when suddenly a bandit ( His IGN is Jason, so you hear him saying friendly, kill him. He's a bandit. ) shot me and I quickly dropped to 3k HP. Chad's trigger happy habit saved me again.

I quickly run to the farthest building, bandaged myself, and tried to give cover fire to help Chad. I dunno if I hit him, but he died and soon after Chad died, too. He sacrificed himself for his team mate ( what a hero :D Thanks a lot, Chad! ). I quickly run out and Izz3 gave me a cover fire.

Finally we got out but Izz3 slipped and dropped dead from the height. :( ( Should be more careful, dude. :P ) And yeah... By a strange power, I'm the only one in the middle of hotzone who got away alive... again. All hail to the trigger happy reflex dude and the awesome cover fire dude. :D Looking forward to go for more bandit hunting tomorrow to increase our experience. :)

That bastard got a faster internet than me.

BTW Jacques, msg me if you want to go headhunting bandits tomorrow, love to be part of your team :)

Happy hunting, tell me if you're heading north.

Erm, Chad's team. :) I'm just a learning overwatch dude and he's the leader of today's group. But, yea sure. I'll be contacting you before we go out, Sam.

@Brix

I don't think it can see through walls like Infra Red can do but - haven't found one so I dunno exactly.

@Chad and Izz3

Have you guys taken back every single thing in your decaying body? I took some medical things to give back to both of you since I don't have enough space to get both of your guns.

We'll do better next time, no worries. I reached my body, but too bad I couldn't take the coyote bag and everything it contained before has been gone.

Looted that bandit's corpse for something or maybe.. I'm not sure what I took from him.

Anyway Izz3 couldn't make it to his body, feel sorry for you man. But I still keep this CZ and some extra stuff. You know, that kind of stuff. Thanks for the car ride earlier, it was fun riding in a car on a goddamn open field like there's no zombie apocalypse in around you.

Edited by chad57

@Chad

Ready and good to go :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BTW may need to drop off some supply first. Anybody need food :beans: or drink :emptycan: ?

@Chad

Ready and good to go :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BTW may need to drop off some supply first. Anybody need food :beans: or drink :emptycan: ?

You offer thirst refreshment while handing out an empty tin can. :emptycan:

That's not funny.

Anyway we'll talk and round up again some people tomorrow, I got plans. And I don't share my bicycle. DON'T YOU EVER DARE ASKING TO BORROW IT.

You offer thirst refreshment while handing out an empty tin can. :emptycan:

That's not funny.

Anyway we'll talk and round up again some people tomorrow, I got plans. And I don't share my bicycle. DON'T YOU EVER DARE ASKING TO BORROW IT.

No coke or pepsi smiley so :emptycan: will do the trick... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, what happened to our ATV?

Edited by ChongX3

Added already. :rolleyes:

Got Steam?

The man of SG 1 & 3 himself. Well get used to it, killing admins is more satisfying.

Couldn't find it, add me instead; chad_frisco

Added. :rolleyes:

Got Steam?

Precious lessons are always expensive to pay.

Don't bother it at all, I tried to check my body after getting died but it disappears after 2-3 hours.

Anyway I'll see if I can get myself a mic tomorrow, I believe things would've happened differently this night if I could only say something in the fire station.

Well that's good to hear, 5 guys is something to consider about. What's your IGN?

my steam id is Heartsz .

Hey Chad,

I just added you on Steam under " _moog_"

i am definitely tired of lone wolving it. would like to group up with you guys, if possible!

@Chad

Ready and good to go

BTW may need to drop off some supply first. Anybody need food or drink ?

I always need food. :P I also need a blood transfusion atm. Very low on blood. Kept getting unconscious.

Anyway, our ATV was long gone. A thief suddenly appeared of nowhere and ride it out in front of my very eyes. I tried to catch up but it was too fast. :( Sorry.

@Chad

LoL Gratz for the new bike! Ride it regularly for your health. :P

No coke or pepsi smiley so :emptycan: will do the trick... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, what happened to our ATV?

Pain said that it was stolen.

my steam id is Heartsz .

Done. :rolleyes:

Hey Chad,

I just added you on Steam under " _moog_"

i am definitely tired of lone wolving it. would like to group up with you guys, if possible!

Done, we'll talk some later. :rolleyes:

I always need food. :P I also need a blood transfusion atm. Very low on blood. Kept getting unconscious.

Anyway, our ATV was long gone. A thief suddenly appeared of nowhere and ride it out in front of my very eyes. I tried to catch up but it was too fast. :( Sorry.

@Chad

LoL Gratz for the new bike! Ride it regularly for your health. :P

Do we have a problem on the server or what? I've been trying to enter SG #00 but still nothing.

Just another day in Dayz... Have to accept that dying and re-gearing is just part of the game. Though spawning in the pitch black with broken bones after getting so close to my body does kinda suck :P Alpha game is alpha.

I shot a man in Cherno...just to watch him die...

SG #00 has been updated to 1.7.2.4. Now tents will save the items inside properly, respawn button is disabled until you got a fracture, all suits are spawning again ( Ghillie suit!!! :D ), etc. Find the complete list at http://dayzmod.com/f...rolling-update/ and http://stats.six-upd...aa-001517bd964c. Run your SIX Launcher and let it update your mod then update your beta patch manually. Awesome job, Rocket and Devs!

I shot a man in Cherno...just to watch him die...

o.O Like the song, Iz. Added to my favourite song. It's rare to hear good singer during the apocalypse. :D

Anyway, I'm still holding your DMR with all its mags. Tell me if you want to pick it up. Give me at least a main gun, though. Dropped my CZ. :) Any main with some mags will do.

Edited by Jean Jacques Serrault

I just encountered my bicycle thieves. They deserved their death.

Edited by chad57