Varasalvi

Are the server owners cheating us?

hello. I´ve been playing Day-Z a lot with my mates for the last few days. During those days there are 2 incidents that i don´t think were accidental.

1. We killed and stole a car from 3 guys, minutes later, the server restarted and when we log back in the car is gone.

2. I sniped 3 guys, killed them all, i got 3 murders added to my debug monitor. Just 1-2 seconds after that, the server restarts and when i get back, my Murder count in the debug monitor went back to 0.

This happened on 2 seperate servers.

I know servers can crash, but i just find this to coincidental and i suspect that in both cases, the "victims" were servers owners who somehow abused their power and rolled back the server or something (If that´s possible).

Could this be possible, or am i reaching? :)

Edited by Varasalvi

It's server admins shitting their pants and clicking big red button saying "I'm a pussy".

• Like 7

Quite possibly. I think the only temporary solution for anyone who wishes to avoid any kind of admin abuse (although I'd probably only restrict it to those where it's pretty obvious and there's no legit reason) is to create your own personal blacklist of servers you've experienced issues with and move on.

What Frost said.

So far, in my experience, if you think to yourself "THERE'S NO WAY, THAT COULDN'T BE A COINCIDENCE!!" ... it likely wasn't.

I've been hacked, annihilated, spoken to a talking german shepard, and also had my perfectly hidden vehicles disappear overnight, and I have to say... I can't wait for this game to go public and be under secured servers.

Or not? The first one sounds incidental to me, the second one not so much.

Yeah its very odd, last night I shot two guys off a motorbike (turn your dam lights off ffs)

and made off with my haul, 2 mins later the server shut down, very odd indeed.

I lost the bike in some woods anyway but that's not the point.

Just remember, most servers have an auto restart, so you may of been god damn unlucky and had them.

At the same time yes, may be a butthurt server owner trying to restart to stop it saving to the hive but hey, just don't play on them as said above.

• Like 1

These may just be coincidental, but if you believe you were the victim of admin abuse, name and shame the server, and post any proof you might have, not all admins are abusing, and the few that are are making life pretty dificult for those who are completely legit, i like the blacklist idea mentioned above.

Well, this sort of cheating must exist since so many agree. Whether my cases were a result of cheating i will never know for sure.

Thank you all for the answers :)

@Nigey

I just might check on your server next time. It has GMT-6 which we seek, so we can play in the sun after dinner time (We are in GMT 0)

And since you answered this then you´re most likely not of those dishonest admins. Just hope the lag is low ;)

Edited by Varasalvi

The first case definately seems suspicious. I'm guessing you killed the server admin and his group, and he restarted the server to reset the location of the vehicle. I'm not sure if even an admin abuser would restart the server simply because he and his friends were killed on the other hand (since they would still lose their gear), but it would hardly surprise me if an admin abuser did that out of spite.

The first case definately seems suspicious. I'm guessing you killed the server admin and his group, and he restarted the server to reset the location of the vehicle. I'm not sure if even an admin abuser would restart the server simply because he and his friends were killed on the other hand (since they would still lose their gear), but it would hardly surprise me if an admin abuser did that out of spite.

Sometimes server restarts put you back to your last login place. No joke

I installed the new Patch on my server this morning, and when I logged in, my camp & car, both having loot in them where gone.

I was also Dead when I spawned, but respawned on my dead body ... wierd yeh.

So just looted my own body, and went along. Yes I lost alot of pvp loot, too bad, Gear is not that important tbh.

About the Server, well there are many Servers that have auto restart, you might have been unlucky.

Also, know that cars that have exploded, not been used, not been saved, will respawn in their spawn location upon restart.

Idk if this has helped you, but there are indeed bad Admins.

I installed the new Patch on my server this morning, and when I logged in, my camp & car, both having loot in them where gone.

I was also Dead when I spawned, but respawned on my dead body ... wierd yeh.

So just looted my own body, and went along. Yes I lost alot of pvp loot, too bad, Gear is not that important tbh.

About the Server, well there are many Servers that have auto restart, you might have been unlucky.

Also, know that cars that have exploded, not been used, not been saved, will respawn in their spawn location upon restart.

Idk if this has helped you, but there are indeed bad Admins.

What's your server called btw? I might wanna add to to my favourites.

You should have it in your sig :)

Just remember if the server doesn't restart Fps will hit rock bottom, and yes admins will abuse there power just like anyone in real life.

It's there server there paying for, honestly they can do whatever they want. Find another room.

It's there server there paying for, honestly they can do whatever they want. Find another room.

There are terms to running a server. Don't post if you're going to be stupid.

• Like 1

This. They can't do a lot of things, in fact they can do very few

Double post sorry

Edited by FrostDMG

Have you looked at the fucking server list lately moron? From my own experience they can do whatever the fuck they want.

I was inside the store in Cherno, and had position on those entering.

I heard a helicopter engine, and then the helicopter fell into the building blowing it up and killing me.

I dunno!

If there will be official servers going up in the future i'll definitely stick to those.. I've had my share of sudden restarts after a firefight that would give me high grade gear. All i can advice is move on the the next server.

What's your server called btw? I might wanna add to to my favourites.

You should have it in your sig :)

DE 251

If there will be official servers going up in the future i'll definitely stick to those.. I've had my share of sudden restarts after a firefight that would give me high grade gear. All i can advice is move on the the next server.

Report the servers if you can provide proof of it being restarted after engaging the Admin.

Edited by P5ykoOHD

tbh was going to start a new thread about this but as there is one here ill just ad my 2 pence here :)

alot of server owners are fine but alot of loot and vehicles are being hoarded by these very same people leaving public randomers not much chance of seeing the real treasures in the game this is a flawed design !

majority of servers are run by clans or groups who take the stuff keep in with them vehicles best weapons rinse and repeat.

so unless you with another group yourself theres not much chance of getting helis cars and the good shizzle

hopefully the dayZ team look at this and try to implement something to stoip clans and groups just looting and controlling shit just for the sake of it.

Edited by dgeesio