pepperkorn@gmail.com

DayZ Server Suite Alpha 1.0.3

I disagree with giving admin the ability to track players. That's an unfair advantage and will be easily abused. Unfortunately though, I have heard that the next patch (tomorrow) will reduce the amount of data stored in RPT. I believe they'll be getting rid of coordinates and such anyhow.

A fear I share as well.

Admin are admin and its their duty to fight against hacker and I believe only one person per server should be able to use this tool so IF there's admin abusing this it will be very fast to find who abused and who to punish .

Because I don't know for you but loosing 40$ just like that because server getting blacklisted sucks and I don't believe admins are going to use this as a weapon against non-hackers

Good news and bad news.

Good: I just got a dedicated server.

Bad: Now I have to wait for DayZ whitelisting.

Admin are admin and its their duty to fight against hacker and I believe only one person per server should be able to use this tool so IF there's admin abusing this it will be very fast to find who abused and who to punish .

Because I don't know for you but loosing 40$ just like that because server getting blacklisted sucks and I don't believe admins are going to use this as a weapon against non-hackers

Only one instance of this program can run per server, or the other instance won't function properly. Another reason to split this into a dedicated and FTP version XD

Edited by peperonikiller
  • Like 1

Good news and bad news.

Good: I just got a dedicated server.

Bad: Now I have to wait for DayZ whitelisting.

Only one instance of this program can run per server, or the other instance won't function properly. Another reason to split this into a dedicated and FTP version XD

If this works like you say I mean there's might be an exception or two but I don't believe all admins are going to start abusing this at all Cheers to a very nice program rep +1

Edited by Akufen

I'll be using the split and replace functions to bring that "easy to read" view for people. I'll probably even create a method of double clicking on a player and it replicating the inventory system the exact way it looks in ARMA2. should be quite easy with a screenshot of the inventory and images for each item, but that's a long way down the road.

I feel the need to focus more on the RPT file now that BattlEye has been updated and logs more efficiently. That way if a player DOES have hacked items or irregular movement you can tell right away from the RPT. I'll be implementing a way to just "click and kick/ban" players that are found with hacked items.

The reason I'm pulling away from parsing the Scripts.log is now more and more battleye bypasses are being released.. rendering those logs useless. Just the fact that hive updates get logged in the RPT is perfect for an anti-cheat (as far as items are concerned)

Yeah I just started checking the RPT file, a hacker broke our leg then teleported up to my group. Nothing in the logs really, a few suspicious things with like setDir and setVector or something like that which can sometimes be from teleports. But looked through the RPT and noticed that guy between like 5 minutes of his two hive updates had moved way way too far through the map to exactly where we were in that time period, the only way he could of got there that fast was a helo which we had parked up on the hill behind us :P

Didn't realize how useful it was to check it before.

Edited by HoboNinja

As far as masking the last few hive updates from the "map". Whats the point? I am sure most of us have figured out how to read those coords right out of the report already.

One abusive server admin would be better than 1,000 hackers freely hacking away in DayZ with no regard or care for others because there's no system in place to stop them. An Abusive Admin can be stopped, easily. You just report his/her server and/or stop going to it. Hackers, right now, are just running freely in DayZ because there's just nothing to combat them. As I've been saying in the DayZ admin channels... DayZ right now is just open season for Hackers; and that's unfortunate.

It's also a sad time for Gamers and this generation; as an 'older' (or original gamer) Gamer... it's really sad to see how disrespectful some gamers are and how 'cool' hacking/exploiting and even disruptive some gamers have become. We as Gamers need come together, a movement, or anything, against Hacking/Exploiting... just isn't cool.

I laugh, only because how sad it is... lol, but it's like this generation needs the D.A.R.E. program, but against hacking and exploiting.

• Like 1

True, but honestly as an Admin - I could careless where someone is all the time; the system could certainly mask the coordinates and only 'warn' if someone takes an extremely long 'teleport' or something. But, to me personally, location isn't a priority to me; illegal items and kills are. (knowing when someone kills another) Kills, because if I see someone kill like 4-5 guys in 2 seconds... I'm pretty sure they were teleported by a hacker. Or, if the system sees a few people 'arrive' at loc-x all at once it tossed out a warning flag. All I care for is being to identify 'odd' things, having a log of it (IP/Name/GUID) and the ability to add them to my bans list/warn list or suspicions list,

As far as masking the last few hive updates from the "map". Whats the point? I am sure most of us have figured out how to read those coords right out of the report already.

True, but honestly as an Admin - I could careless where someone is all the time; the system could certainly mask the coordinates and only 'warn' if someone takes an extremely long 'teleport' or something. But, to me personally, location isn't a priority to me; illegal items and kills are. (knowing when someone kills another) Kills, because if I see someone kill like 4-5 guys in 2 seconds... I'm pretty sure they were teleported by a hacker. Or, if the system sees a few people 'arrive' at loc-x all at once it tossed out a warning flag. All I care for is being to identify 'odd' things, having a log of it (IP/Name/GUID) and the ability to add them to my bans list/warn list or suspicions list,

I am not saying I do want that, I am just saying that if I did want to masking that in the tool wouldn't stop me. Time spent coding that could be spent better.

All I want is a better reboot system.

• Like 1

All I want is a better reboot system.

Definitely waiting on that as well. I really need to learn to code as well. Or relearn rather, havent done any since after high school.

Edited by S_poon

reboot will be hard for hosted servers as the only "restart" rcon command only restarts the mission. However if you log on to your server's control panel you should have scheduling options to set up auto-restarts.

For dedicated server people, if they don't already have it set up you can set up manual/auto-restarts quite easily.

the #shutdown command seems to work well in RCon (Which is what this script will be utilizing I presume).

Edited by CamP

the #shutdown command seems to work well in RCon (Which is what this script will be utilizing I presume).

Then the user would have to login to their control panel to turn the server back on.

Plus, the restart of the mission tends to kill vehicles/tents if you don't do it twice. Not sure why.

Because you're reconnecting the server to the hive to quickly. Add in a 30-60 second delay before starting the server again and it will work. (I realize this is an issue with mission restart and the fix only works with a real shutdown, wait, restart, but its all I got)

Then the user would have to login to their control panel to turn the server back on.

I've not had to do this... It seems to reboot when I use the #shutdown command in RCon with Host Altitude, I never log into my control panel.

Edited by CamP

I've not had to do this... It seems to reboot when I use the #shutdown command in RCon with Host Altitude, I never log into my control panel.

Then Host Altitude has automatic server restart on crash detection. On my dedicated box if I rcon the command #shutdown it physically shuts down the server and it does not come back. There are workarounds that I can put in place but I'm afraid that if I included this as a feature it won't work for everyone, as far as #shutdown is concerned

Doh, how does your current restart work?

Well as I said, it's already simple enough to set up... for slotted servers you can just log in to CP and set up scheduled restarts, and for dedicated servers it's best to run them as a service and set up scheduled restarts that way.

Unless your slotted server host is still using TCAdmin 1.0 which doesn't have that feature. :/