pepperkorn@gmail.com

DayZ Server Suite Alpha 1.0.3

I'm debating separating the program into an FTP and Local version.

Don't. It will make maintaining it harder.

If you're finding it hard to maintain now, you haven't properly separated out your classes to only handle the duties they need to perform/you aren't using interfaces properly. Your main code should be interacting in with the config files in a way that whether the files are located on disk, on FTP, or over Custom Protocol #32 (made that up) they call the same functions and the instantiated class is what calls the appropriate actions.

It's so easy to think linearly with .NET Windows Form development, but it's incredibly important to plan out your application ahead of time.

It often helps to split your Solution into two projects: Class Library and Windows Form. This way you aren't tempted to put business logic where it doesn't belong :)

Can you walk a noob like me through this?

I have a HFB server

I have no clue how to work with Rcon or FTP or anything I tried doing stuff with RCON but my HFB admin panel doesn't even show a RCON file or anything. The script.logs are pretty much empty so I have no clue to where to look

It seems I need to set up a FTP thing but does HFB let me do this?

Edited by Vexor

Don't. It will make maintaining it harder.

If you're finding it hard to maintain now, you haven't properly separated out your classes to only handle the duties they need to perform/you aren't using interfaces properly. Your main code should be interacting in with the config files in a way that whether the files are located on disk, on FTP, or over Custom Protocol #32 (made that up) they call the same functions and the instantiated class is what calls the appropriate actions.

It's so easy to think linearly with .NET Windows Form development, but it's incredibly important to plan out your application ahead of time.

It often helps to split your Solution into two projects: Class Library and Windows Form. This way you aren't tempted to put business logic where it doesn't belong :)

The main reason for me doing this is that the Dedicated server version will have SOOO many more features that I just don't want to pollute ftp users with.

For the FTP version users are going to be limited to file scanning/rcon options anyway.. What i've got planned for my Dedicated version includes so much more that I really do need to seperate them out.

Also I have an update to release tomorrow or over the weekend for dedicated and ftp.

• Like 1

The main reason for me doing this is that the Dedicated server version will have SOOO many more features that I just don't want to pollute ftp users with.

For the FTP version users are going to be limited to file scanning/rcon options anyway.. What i've got planned for my Dedicated version includes so much more that I really do need to seperate them out.

Also I have an update to release tomorrow or over the weekend for dedicated and ftp.

So you just disable the features in the client when someone chooses FTP. If you're worried about file size, the amount of code between the two is going to be a few hundred KB when it's compressed. I don't see it being bloated.

Oh well, you do what you do. I'm betting a few months after you split it and realize the pain it is to maintain two versions, you'll retire one or the other and roll the features back into a single version (or if you're new to WinForm development, you'll rewrite the entire thing from scratch in 6-12 months and will do it as one application). I've seen it before, and I've been there. Unless you're using shared libraries between the two projects, you'll hate yourself soon. But it's something you have to try and learn for yourself :)

However, the only other reason to split it into two versions is if you're planning on selling one or both of them in the future. Even then, you'll want to put the shared code in a library.

I don't really know what is in the scripts.log file, but here goes. Just some ideas to ponder on.

1. Kick if someone enters a non DayZ vehicle.

2. Kick if someone is spamming the chat (changeable settings for x messages in y time).

3. Kick if someone gets a lot of gear/specific gear shortly after spawning (don't know what safe parameters for this should be).

4. Make your program change server settings so that the integrity of arma2 files is checked (files that are the same for everybody). This will prevent people from deleting buildings, trees and whatnot.

5. A list of words or phrases that admins can come up with that will be censored, get the player muted/kicked. If the word "faggot" isn't allowed then the program should also detect "f4g0tt" "f46000000007" and any other variation. It should also let admins improve the filter. Like if 'ä' wasn't detected as a possible 'a' in the filter, then you can add it.

6. Kicks for suspicious players are streamed into a central database. From those kicks a temporary banlist will be created. Every kick will have an apropriate bantime. All servers running your program will download that banlist. An update to that list will be streamed to all servers every 10 minutes. That update will be containing names to remove and add. Bans should be 5-24 hours, depending on violation.

7. Option to give an automatic temporary ban to those kicks that don't warrant a ban from the central database (like kicks from the chat filter or whatever). Length of ban should be changeable.

8. Kick if players are detected to be moving too fast (teleporting) something bad is going to happen anyway. Might aswell kick them. This will prevent hackers from using it to help themselves and might save a few peoples lives and stuff.

9. Kick players that spawn with non-standard items.

10. Kick players who get items into their inventory when they are in a place in which no such items exist. (I don't know if you can see loot spawns/player inventories/zombie inventories/tent content/vehicle content/player corpse content)

11. Kick players who spawn in non-standard spawns (you never know what they come up with)

12. Kick if someone remains alive with negative blood.

13. Kick if someone regains blood without eating.

14. Kick if someone regains >1000 blood withouth someone with a bloodbag being near them.

15. Kick if someone fires more rounds that they have in their inventory (really doubt you can see that)

16. Kick if someone stops bleeding when they or someone else near them doesn't have a bandage. Or if there isn't a bandage on the ground/whereever near them.

17. Kick if players change skins without them having the skin in their inventory or somewhere near them.

18. Kick the people in a vehicle if it gets repaired without someone actually using the necessary items to do it.

Edited by KeelPool

First off: Great idea - keep up the good work.

I am sorry if this has been asked before - but does this work if you've renamed the arma2oaserver.exe? In my case I have 3 server processes running on one machine with different .exe names for each to be able to easily tell them apart in the processlist.

If this is not supported yet - will you add support for this kind of setup lateron?

Thanks!

First off: Great idea - keep up the good work.

I am sorry if this has been asked before - but does this work if you've renamed the arma2oaserver.exe? In my case I have 3 server processes running on one machine with different .exe names for each to be able to easily tell them apart in the processlist.

If this is not supported yet - will you add support for this kind of setup lateron?

Thanks!

I'm working on implementing custom paths and renamed exe/cfg files.

Awesome work! I wish you well in development :)

Can't believe I just stumbled onto this from another thread. Sounds great. My only concern would be admin abuse, but by hiding the last few co-ords, it would limit it.

Keep up the good work.

That's in your list of valid items and I thought that was just the PDW in game.

Non-silenced on course. I've seen that floating around and I'm almost certain it's spawned in.

• Like 1

1.0.1 is here: http://www.mediafire...p83ggo5c8j9apev

Fixed chat commands, they should work great now (i hope)

the !me is pretty fun to use, see: http://imgur.com/5FXVD

NOTE:

This has BEC packaged in with it, please use the BEC that comes with this, you can copy your config/schedule/etc over into the install directory to keep your settings but make sure the logging settings in the config are the same so it logs chat correctly. The chat command feature is dependent on BEC's chat logging.

I have my server to announce the commands every 15 minutes or so, that way people know how to use them.

I'll be adding more robust support for BEC later, such as if you have your own custom BEC setup. I just found it much much easier for testing purposes to package it in with my app.

Edited by peperonikiller

I get an "arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow". .Net Framework error.

Although I hit continue, but ofc nothing will work properly.

Hit start scan and ofc it cannot find my .rpt file. Sorry if I missed something. Im just very excited for this tool/work. Looking to donate/purchase something worthwhile.

Can't get this to work on ftp to HFB server. It can;t find the file. So I am guessing the location is incorrect I am giving it, but I have tried them all.