whatup2003

Get rid of all the sniper rifles

so killing unarmed players with them is fun?

Zombies aren't whining.

The only rifles that could "realistically" be removed are .50 BMG sniper rifles ( As there is no zombie tank, why would the army go around with such guns in helicopters ? ).

But yet, this wouldn't be fun, and .50 BMG are part of the thrill. You have a car, aaaand ... It's gone.

Instead of whining about them, suggest making them real "pro-bandit/survivor" weapons, something rare, something to be proud of, something with really, really scarce ammunitions.

Oh, wait...

Joke apart, the only flaw of snipers ( Beside the fact that nobody seems to have ever thought about civilians needing a proper instruction about how to handle them ... Chernarus may be an ex-soviet state, but if we stick to cliches about soviet adaptability, then atleast add vodka to the game ! ) are those wookies that disconnect the second they feel spotted. They, for sure, are ruining the game. ( And are the main reason why every survivors see the bandits as 12 year old trigger-happy CoD players ... )

Im the main sniper in our squad, and i would actually like to try this. Just for a period of time, similar to spawning without guns. Killing a player from 1000m with 1 shot is fine and all but i wouldnt mind some close action. Right now the absolutely best loadout in Dayz is L85 for spotting/close quarters, AS50/M107 for long range and M9 SD for zombies. Some long lasting firefights would be actually pretty awesome, instead of making the fight last 20 seconds because you dropped 3-4 guys withing 20 seconds.

This should be added AFTER alt+f4 and server hopping is fixed though.

I'm not saying sniping doesn't take skill. I'm saying staying in the woods and sniping totally kills the feeling of a ZOMBIE appocalypse game.

Lol, no it doesn't if I found a hunting rifle I wouldn't walk through the nearest town shooting zombies in close quarters, removing sniper rifles is the most absurd idea and one that will never be used, you knew that when you posted this, probably trolling?

The only rifles that could "realistically" be removed are .50 BMG sniper rifles ( As there is no zombie tank, why would the army go around with such guns in helicopters ? ).

But yet, this wouldn't be fun, and .50 BMG are part of the thrill. You have a car, aaaand ... It's gone.

Because the army wasn't just fighting zombies.

They were fighting the early bandit clans that cropped up. Many of whom had stolen military eqiupment for their own use, including helicopters.

Sniper rifles are here to stay, folks. Learn to use them to your advantage.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby