thefonztm@gmail.com

Its an M1911!!! -minirant

also on a side note, Clips are the stripper clips rounds come on, magazines or mags are what you actually load into your weapon... just a little tidbit in case any of you wanted clarification on that matter as well

Except of course in cases like the Enfield (to use an ingame example), which uses an internal magazine. So you are in fact loading a clip into the rifle in this case. (just to add some confusion to your clarification :D )

I don't care if they call it metallic penis ammo carrying device, as long as they aren't shooting me i dont give a fuck.

Edited by amudkipz

I'm, not trying to get on a grammar Nazi train here. It's just hard to communicate when somebody doesn't know the accepted name for a thing. Cherno works for chernogorsk, it just does somehow. It got accepted. M19 doesn't work well for a 1911, and M9 is worse because its the name of a different gun.

Actually looked up m19 on Wikipedia, its a truck, land mine, grenade launcher, take your pick.

A clip feeds a magazine, a magazine feeds the gun.

Dont let your gun run out of gun food!

Edited by Haufer

Just to be cheeky a 'gun' is an artillery piece :P

Except of course in cases like the Enfield (to use an ingame example), which uses an internal magazine. So you are in fact loading a clip into the rifle in this case. (just to add some confusion to your clarification :D )

Weapons like the M1Garand and the Enfield do infact take and external round magazine that could be considered a stripper clip or clip

Just to be cheeky a 'gun' is an artillery piece :P

The term "cannon fodder" comes to mind :)

Funny, I shot someone in the leg with a 1911 last night.

Have you ever tried to fix a car, or build a computer with these kinds of people? Outside of doing it yourself, it is impossible. The problem is you don't understand them at first.... (I gave up reading)

If you're fixing a car, i guess you'd be a mechanic who already knows what he's doing, same with a computer and being a techy. "These kinds of people" you are refering to are people that have lesser knowledge in a given field. For new Dayz-ers, these weapons dont mean much more than protection. Im sure the longer they play, the better they will get at remembering exact names. Truth is, it's still anal to come down on people for not knowing exact models and brands. I call the M1911 a Colt, and you'd only know that if you know what an M1911 was, so im not being DayZ correct, but im not wrong either :P

I just call it the nineteen-eleven whenever I talk about it on coms.

Personally I never really got the difference between clips and magazines but since a few people I play with get annoyed everytime I call them clips instead of magazine I've resorted to just calling them mag(s) at all times.

(especially now I learned what a (stripper) clip is trough red orchestra)

Edited by Izithel

What gets on my nerves is that people don't seem to know the difference between a 'clip' and a 'magazine'...

oh maw gaawwwwd...chill da fuq out yawl

• Like 1

One gun will have many names. Colt's 1911 is just M19.

That is like a RPK, Galil, SKS, SVD, etc. are all AK variants. Manufactures will put tweaks on designs and adjust the name. Running around calling everythin that is similar to a 1911 a 1911 may get you funny looks from gun buffs. :P

As someone else already pointed out, when you are ex military getting something as basic as mags or clips wrong is annoying. I'm sure there are things the people in this thread who are on the other side of the fence find annoying too. Maybe we would tell you " ooh maaw gawd chill da fuq out".

Oh and one of the first things you learn in the forces is respect for others. Something this forum could really do with. :(

I don't expect the whole world to know the correct terminology but, this is first and foremost Arma2 - a military sim. I would have thought everyone would have 'some' basic knowledge.

One gun will have many names. Colt's 1911 is just M19.

That is like a RPK, Galil, SKS, SVD, etc. are all AK variants. Manufactures will put tweaks on designs and adjust the name. Running around calling everythin that is similar to a 1911 a 1911 may get you funny looks from gun buffs. :P

M19 may stand for:

But definitely not for M1911...

Edited by Blaf

I don't expect the whole world to know the correct terminology but, this is first and foremost Arma2 - a military sim. I would have thought everyone would have 'some' basic knowledge.

I would hate to speculate as to the actual ratio, but I suspect a large portion of the DayZ playerbase only have arma for this mod. Mil-sim isn't exactly the most popular genre. I originally got Arma2 because battlefield, while fun, was getting a bit too arcady. When a guy in full gear is hopping around like a retard in quake, or guys jump off 3 story buildings with their chutes, guys quickscoping and trickshotting... you've got some serious realism issues to address. My age is slowly drawing me away from reflexy, twitchy arcade style frantic deathmatch stuff, and slowly pushing me towards more thoughtful, deliberate games.

No one cares about the exact name of the pistol or if its clips, rounds or magazine. It shoots infected and other players, that's all that counts. Cool down you Gunspergers!

Hay guys the clips that go into a M19 are 9mm right?? I really want to know because im really fond of this assualt rifle over the makarov assault rifle which I KNOW uses clips of .45 I mean its really simple right??

You'll take a hail of bullets from my M19 before you kill me brah.

My buddy calls every LMG in the game a Heavy machine gun. Grrr.

just cap them. simples ;)