Dr Wasteland MD

Need Medical Assistance? We can help.

interesting.. however it might be something else.. the first time i climbed and fell when i got to the top i took no damage just had pain affect... after i actually got up and took items i decided to walk off since it didnt hurt but that time my bones broke

Typical day z. :S I noticed that I've snapped my legs dropping what seemed like only a meter and other times surviving unscathed close to two story drops. I'm pretty careful.

What seems to get me more is either either just standing up or getting off of a vehicle while underneath something (often only a tree limb)... have died from that several times.

Just my 2c to this whole shard-RMG discussion:

Alright Brian, let me do some explaining to you.

Firstly

No, let's stop right here for a second.

I'd like to ask you and everyone else on this board never to use this font color again. Try it yourself, proper quoting becomes a pain in the ass!

Firstly, when you want help...
Ahh... much better. Let's continue.
...Sometimes you give the medic your username so that they can contact you on Steam, for example. And then help you. It's really quite useful you know.

So, therefore, when they get shot. How do they tell me? Oh! They tell me over the steam chat. And if they happened to log on a 30 seconds earlier, and then report they got shot to me 30 seconds after. Then I know they died within a minute, because 30+30=60. And 60 seconds is a minute. Easy stuff.[...]

Pretty rude attitude right from the start. This does not bode well...
[...] I usually get along well in forums. Occasionally issue's pop up, and I know the polite way doesn't always stick when your trying to get a point across. Mostly this comes from youtube.com . I'm sure you know that flame wars and whatnot are very very common across it.[...]
[...] I've never given public thanks for a medic that saved me. Because none has saved me.[...]
Honestly, that might be connected to the fact that you've requested help in high risk areas all the time (Cherno - hospital, southern military base, control tower on NW airfield). "One does not simply" help others in those areas. Be polite and have some patience - worked for everyone else here, too.

Now, here comes the part that really eludes me:

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:00 PM by Shard

I need help.

Low blood, In the control tower in NW Airfield. My server has nobody on it almost all the time. It will be high ping for others though. But not a problem because PVP won't happen.

Please assist.

and...
Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:40 PM by Shard

[...]

The server I am using is EMPTY right now. Nobody in it. Literally. And I'm up to date. I'll give it to you on Steam if I am added.

Just need blood.

@Brian: Was this originally posted in blue, or did you intentionally color like this to point out how weird this request is?

Anyway, shard, you should know by now that this is not how we work. We usually won't join your server - you come to ours. Also, if your server is empty most of the time, then why don't you just walk/crawl away from the high risk zone? Who should stop you? Zombies? Just shoot them, there are no players around to hear the shots anyway.

1h and 40min between those two quoted posts and you didn't try to pull yourself out of your mess in the meantime, even when the server was "EMPTY. Noboby in it. Literally"?

Sounds a bit fishy to me. I'm with RMG on this one.
[...]Oh, and my skype info is still on the thread.Please take it down.[...]

Absolutely. And I bet your tone here is even polite enough for Brian to comply asap. You learn fast young grasshopper.

PS:

[...] I find it funny you took the main section of my argument out of your quote, leaving only my angry points at the beginning and end. It really does twist it to suit your point.[...]

That's pretty much the essence of using quotes, didn't you know? It's a basic feature they share with statistics.

sorry for this rather long post

TL;DR

Be polite, be patient, and no bullshit please.

I don't get your point. So your win strategy here is treating people as if this was youtube? I think I won't go out on a limb if I say that the average age of users on this board is essentially higher than among youtube commenters, hence a more polite approach is appropriate.
  • Like 1

Slightly PSA-ish:

As much as anyone with a sadistic demeanour enjoys watching a few forum users butt heads, may I just remind that this thread is meant for requesting assistance? Yes, initially one can have a short and quick, if not long discussion about something. But the 'Shard' issue has now stretched quite awhile now as well as a few pages.

If the two parties could either come to an agreement or truce, even an uneasy or begrudgingly one, that would be nice. If not, move to the PMs please.

Now for a real PSA:

Just a friendly reminder to everyone that uses this thread to check you PM inbox. Patients and Medics alike. Also, communications should be kept strictly to either PMs, Steam, Skype or any other means of communication. The thread is already at 2278 posts as of this one. There's no need for it to be 5000 with most of the posts being 'Where you?' 'Grid 999 999' 'In the barn?' 'No, in the shack'.

That is all(?)

• Like 2

Slightly PSA-ish:

As much as anyone with a sadistic demeanour enjoys watching a few forum users butt heads, may I just remind that this thread is meant for requesting assistance? Yes, initially one can have a short and quick, if not long discussion about something. But the 'Shard' issue has now stretched quite awhile now as well as a few pages.

If the two parties could either come to an agreement or truce, even an uneasy or begrudgingly one, that would be nice. If not, move to the PMs please.

I consider this matter done. Shard has said that he will not keep it going anymore, and I trust RMG to do the same. Let's not pollute my beautiful thread with more of this nonsense.

• Like 1

Attention wounded survivors, I am currently stocked up on med supplies and am located around the Eastern and Central area of Chernarus. Anyone in and around the area in need of medical aid is welcome to PM me and/or fill out a quick RMA at RatedMGaming. Thank you, carry on.

• Like 1

Need help in Lopatino. Gun out of ammo, need morphine for my leg. There is a fully stocked vehicle nearby, you can have the contents.

I took most of the contents, still something there.

Edited by Big Loaf

here is my short story :D

i was searching a farm in the middle of nowhere for some supplies.iv jump from stairs and broke my leg then i crawled like half a mile and found a bike.after i found some church in hopes that i can find morfine.on the way few zombies found me and i lost some blood,i was at 2500 with blurry vision so my vision was totaly messed up.

I thought i will die,so i searched the forums how to fix broken bones and iv came across this thread and asked for help,

paramedics rush to the church and i was fixed in no time

thank you so much without you I would be dead for sure

\\sry for my english

\\my first post on forums :D

\\thx to Vertical from RMG

Edited by marek
  • Like 3

What you have said makes no sense. Im done arguing with you after I make these points.. again...

If you needed a medic so bad, and no one came you rescue you, how'd you get from Berizinio to the NWAF?

If its because you died, maybe you should of said so in the main forums, then I wouldnt of felt bad and offered my help.

What still doesn't make sense is the fact you asked for our help on our site at 1000 ish and then at 1600 on the same day you said you died, then you come here to the dayz forums and asked for help again in the NWAF tower.. Regardless of what you say now and your reasoning's, shit dont add up.

For Example: This confused me..

"Nope, I usually get along well in forums...."A

Seems like you were saying you get treated the same way on the other forums as you do here on the dayZ forums... ignored and ridiculed.. did you miss-type?

Maybe people skipped over your request for help because you kept asking every two hours. Maybe its your over all demeanor. Just saying. Im done. Good luck.

Also, side note, I havent denied anyone, but you after the fact you told me you died.

And another side note, RMG DTC has rescued well over 200 Survivors in the last week. mostly in "PvP Hostile Zones"

I have no problem going to where you were, it was your attitude.

And another side-side note, Dont threaten me with "higher ups" about your Public Skype Name.. Its not a secret, it's not a crime, its not hard to find or figure out. You use the same name and Icon for everything. I meant to remove it from the post, so dont be a prick.

What you have said makes no sense. Im done arguing with you after I make these points.. again...

If you needed a medic so bad, and no one came you rescue you, how'd you get from Berizinio to the NWAF?

If its because you died, maybe you should of said so in the main forums, then I wouldnt of felt bad and offered my help.

What still doesn't make sense is the fact you asked for our help on our site at 1000 ish and then at 1600 on the same day you said you died, then you come here to the dayz forums and asked for help again in the NWAF tower.. Regardless of what you say now and your reasoning's, shit dont add up.

For Example: This confused me..

"Nope, I usually get along well in forums...."A

Seems like you were saying you get treated the same way on the other forums as you do here on the dayZ forums... ignored and ridiculed.. did you miss-type?

Maybe people skipped over your request for help because you kept asking every two hours. Maybe its your over all demeanor. Just saying. Im done. Good luck.

Also, side note, I havent denied anyone, but you after the fact you told me you died.

And another side note, RMG DTC has rescued well over 200 Survivors in the last week. mostly in "PvP Hostile Zones"

I have no problem going to where you were, it was your attitude.

And another side-side note, Dont threaten me with "higher ups" about your Public Skype Name.. Its not a secret, it's not a crime, its not hard to find or figure out. You use the same name and Icon for everything. I meant to remove it from the post, so dont be a prick.

What happened is that I died. And I did not post it in the forums. That shouldn't even be of the slightest concern to you. Because nobody came to help me. And If I don't get help, I'm dead.

And I've made it back to the ATC tower within one day many times. Getting injured again, isn't something that can't happen. I don't even see why you care so much

Its like your goal here is to brand me a bandit that has been shooting your medics. Which already doesn't make sense, because the medics get to the spot I am in on a server I don't even know about. There is no way that I can kill them then. I've also told you to ask goodfellarocco about this. And what I was doing the night one of the medics was shot. Which was skyping with him.

Once again, these points are ignored. And you continue on to try and prove your now flawed reasoning.

And then you tried to prove I acted suspicious in game by using a quote about forums instead, as if that was really a relevant thing to compare it too. It's not.

And about that post on the forums. I said I was subscribed to a lot of them. And " I've gotten the same sort of issues " that I've gotten on this forum. Not that I get treated the same way everywhere I go. Which is what you really want it to be. Too bad it isn't.

And this is what I really like: "Maybe people skipped over your request for help because you kept asking every two hours"

Maybe, if someone had answered me to begin with. That wouldn't be a problem. Secondly. If someone keeps asking for help. Why would you skip over it? I was NOT being rude when I asked. I was asking, same as everyone else. It was urgent and I posted more than once. Telling me you purposely skipped it is what I'd called "being a prick" so to speak. And in case you didn't know. For the next 2 weeks I'd post plea's for help as well. Not every day every hour. There were intervals of days, to several days. And I still didn't get help. I don't want help anymore. I don't even care. But I won't take it when you try and indicate I was posting 24x7 constantly, because I didn't. And therefore helping everyone else who asked in the meantime. And not even me, when I would post occasionally, is rude.

And I don't care how easy it is to find my Skype information, I asked you once, and it wasn't taken down. So don't call me a prick for that. That's like your bank telling you to stop acting like a prick for them leaving your information open for public access.

You want to know what I'd call a prick? Someone who goes along and calls me a liar out of nowhere on a badly supported hunch.

Edited by Shard

I'd like to ask you and everyone else on this board never to use this font color again. Try it yourself, proper quoting becomes a pain in the ass!

Ahh... much better. Let's continue.Pretty rude attitude right from the start. This does not bode well...

I don't get your point. So your win strategy here is treating people as if this was youtube? I think I won't go out on a limb if I say that the average age of users on this board is essentially higher than among youtube commenters, hence a more polite approach is appropriate.

Honestly, that might be connected to the fact that you've requested help in high risk areas all the time (Cherno - hospital, southern military base, control tower on NW airfield). "One does not simply" help others in those areas. Be polite and have some patience - worked for everyone else here, too.

and...

@Brian: Was this originally posted in blue, or did you intentionally color like this to point out how weird this request is?

Anyway, shard, you should know by now that this is not how we work. We usually won't join your server - you come to ours. Also, if your server is empty most of the time, then why don't you just walk/crawl away from the high risk zone? Who should stop you? Zombies? Just shoot them, there are no players around to hear the shots anyway.

1h and 40min between those two quoted posts and you didn't try to pull yourself out of your mess in the meantime, even when the server was "EMPTY. Noboby in it. Literally"?

Absolutely. And I bet your tone here is even polite enough for Brian to comply asap. You learn fast young grasshopper.

PS:

That's pretty much the essence of using quotes, didn't you know? It's a basic feature they share with statistics.

TL;DR

It's nice to see you started from the beginning, Lynx. So that your opinion would not be Biased. But it looks like you didn't, as evident from the quotes being taken solely from my last post. Maybe you should read it all first, before jumping on the anti-shard bandwagon, no?

Ahh... much better. Let's continue.Pretty rude attitude right from the start. This does not bode well...

and...

PS:

TL;DR

" I don't get your point. So your win strategy here is treating people as if this was youtube? I think I won't go out on a limb if I say that the average age of users on this board is essentially higher than among youtube commenters, hence a more polite approach is appropriate."

I'd love to reply nicely. But being called a liar and a bandit on a thread out of the blue doesn't quite fit that "polite approach" that you seem to vouch for your side of the argument.

My win strategy is to treat someone who provokes me like that with exactly what I would do on youtube. Thats because his attack bore so much in resemblance to the "youtube commentors'

Now you understand.

" Honestly, that might be connected to the fact that you've requested help in high risk areas all the time (Cherno - hospital, southern military base, control tower on NW airfield). "One does not simply" help others in those areas."

Well thats interesting, I could've sworn the medics enjoyed the high risk areas. Why don't we read the thread again?

Sounds a bit fishy to me. I'm with RMG on this one."

Oh! Well if you don't want to join my server, thats 100% fine with me. I wrote that because mine was empty. Why didn't I crawl and walk away from the high risk zone? 1st of all. My blood was usually so low the threat of passing out while trying to escape was to high. Secondly, I didn't always have ammunition. And its still hard to shoot zombies in the open, as they zig zag. And are usually impossible to hit until they stop to attack you. And the shots attract more zombies. Thirdly, I didn't always have bandages on hand. I would be bleeding from an injury and the only way I kept alive was by being offline. So moving out of a high risk zone didn't always work.

I like how you act as if I should have been saving myself, which defeats the point of the thread. Firstly, because I've been told the medics love high risk zones, secondly. Because its a help thread. Not a 'shut up and do it yourself' thread.

I don't see how you could overlook all that, and call it out as fishy. Your just trying to jump to your more favorable conclusion.

When I quote, I don't cut out parts to misrepresent the other person's view. I cut out parts and answer them as they are told. Thats how I use quotes. I'm sorry to see you use them in such an.... exploiting manner.

Edited by Shard

I'm in need of a blood transfusion. I'm currently at Cherno, grid 065 126.

in return I can keep an eye on you as you make your way to another player who needs medical assistance.

Skype Riccardotje

Cheers!

@Dr Wasteland MD

I'd like to become one of your fellow medics. You redirected me here. Can you please PM me telling how I may join? or perhaps skype?

my Skype name is: thelkjh78

Regards.

@Dr Wasteland MD

I'd like to become one of your fellow medics. You redirected me here. Can you please PM me telling how I may join? or perhaps skype?

my Skype name is: thelkjh78

Regards.

Help someone, get them to post here about how you saved them and you'll get added to the whitelist :thumbsup:

Also Shard & others, please stop spamming the topic. Please keep all posts directed to requests & on-topic stuff.

Edited by .Trooper.
  • Like 6

A) I could really do with some blood xD I added lynx on steam and hopefully he can save me :)

( Im in the uk so I just searched for a european medic)

B ) I would really like to get involved with the helping, even if its suicide runs to the hospitals :D

Edited by Greavesy

I'd like to become one of your fellow medics. You redirected me here. Can you please PM me telling how I may join?

First get a bunch of med supplies, then find people's pleas for help and contact them and then heal them. Or am I missing something?

• Like 2

Could use some help, at 2.8k blood and got blood packs, just dont have anyone to give me a transfusion. im northeast of cherno at a place marked lots of guns on my map

steam name is xlorddarrylx

Not to ruin anything but Aren't you guys worried if a player does ask for help an pretends he broke his leg an you see him an go up to him an ends up trying to kill you all with an AKM or an ambush? :murder:

Could use some help, at 2.8k blood and got blood packs, just dont have anyone to give me a transfusion. im northeast of cherno at a place marked lots of guns on my map

steam name is xlorddarrylx

can you provide a link to your steam so i can add you as searching your name does not work

Not to ruin anything but Aren't you guys worried if a player does ask for help an pretends he broke his leg an you see him an go up to him an ends up trying to kill you all with an AKM or an ambush? :murder:

its a risk we take thats why we usually work in pairs and Vet our clients first

can you provide a link to your steam so i can add you as searching your name does not work

sorry, forgot I changed my name, just lorddarryl

Oh yeh my steam name is rickymg1994 if anyone can help im on about 3.5k blood near nadezhdino :)