I have been thinking on how cool it could be if you started/spawned with dog tags.

As you progressed you have imprinted on them:

How many days you have been alive,

Zombie Kills,

Murders,

Tag of play style(sniper, assault, bandit, ect...)

Survivors Helped (blood trans/morphine/bandage/epi/anti-biotics) Thanks to Albatros

Opinions on this?

EDIT:

Many people are suggesting wallets or journals, I find this very useful too.

The Journal idea is great! How about this idea then:

If you were a sniper or an assault member you would have Dog tags,

If you were a survivor you would have a Journal,

If you were a murderer/bandit you would have a Black Book,

If you were a doctor/medical you would have a Brief Case,

Opinions on this?

Edited by StarScream
  • Like 19

Would be a great addition, as when you kill people now you don't know if you killed a super-elite guy with 30+ murders on his 10th day, or a guy venturing up north for this first time...

• Like 1

Perhaps if it were implemented in a different way. It implies that every single person was in the military. I do like the idea of having info on who you killed.

Edited by Dagoth Wit

This would also add an incentive to go and loot the body, if you had to collect the dog tags. As it is now, fully geared guys kill people then leave the corpse as they already have everything they need. If perhaps it went:

"murders"

"bandits"

"dog tags"

then it would make it more exciting to collect people's dog tags as a pride kind of thing.

there was that one thread about journal logs. also, i see potential in this encouraging people killing each other. bandits are bad enough already... but this does sound COOL!!

Dogtags would just give bandits 1 more reason to kill you it would be like trophys to them

• Like 1

Dogtags would just give bandits 1 more reason to kill you it would be like trophys to them

Precisely :D.

• Like 1

Still a good idea, for both survivors and bandits alike. For bandits, it becomes sort of a trophy, but as a survivor if you get the kill on a bandit, and see he has 10 or more murders on him, you'd feel good for avenging the fallen. Truthfully, this is one of the more "sane" ideas I've seen posted on these forums. Nothing about this would be game breaking in any way. I would say the Dogtag would only show some minor information. Name. Amount of player kills. Time alive on that character. Maybe zombie kills as well? Basically everything that's available on the debug monitor. The only problem I see, and I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem for a stand-alone game, is how the system would go about saving the dogtags because obviously they would take up quite a lot of room in the player's inventory. If you look at something like World of Warcraft, they had a separate inventory all together for keys, called the Key ring I think. Maybe something like that, where you can pull up a separate inventory screen, and then all of the dogtags would go there once they were looted. Then, to put the cherry on top, you'd be able to select each dog, and put a note on it. For example: Randomperson01's dogtag "Engaged in a firefight on 07/20/2012 just outside of Zelenogorsk. Firefight lasted approximately 45 seconds. I was injured in the process, but my buddy kept me alive and I got the kill on Randomperson01." Just as memories so to speak. The dogtags would be attached to your current character and wouldn't carry over for gameplay reasons, as each new character is it's own entity. I know the mechanics are already there for this kind of feature. I'm sure some arma modder has already thought of it in their mod. Just need Rocket to do some testing.

I think that would be pretty badass myself.

Edited by KField86
  • Like 1

this will turn into a TCG i can see it now, or some form of currency, based on how good the players tag was.

so much fun

Would be sweet to have some kind of reward/bragging rights system that gave more points for killing people with less humanity. Maybe even make a penalty to your "score" for killing people who just spawned.... great way to balance out the spawn killing.

Awesome idea OP, may the beans i gave you sustain you through many kills.

Edited by Deadcow

No forced metagaming.

Great idea. Keep it simple. Allow players to show other players the dogtags they've collected.

I have been thinking on how cool it could be if you started/spawned with dog tags.

How many days you have been alive,

Zombie Kills,

Murders,

Tag of play style(sniper, assault, bandit, ect...)

Opinions on this?

I like the idea, but you're a survivor, not a soldier.

Maybe add a wallet option where you can see their ID that tells those things

Bandits could have trophy ears|teeth on them..

http://en.wikipedia....panese_war_dead

During World War II, some United States military personnel mutilated dead Japanese service personnel in the Pacific theater of operations. The mutilation of Japanese service personnel included the taking of body parts as “war souvenirs” and “war trophies”. Teeth and skulls were the most commonly taken "trophies", although other body parts were also collected.

Entirely in the human "spectrum".

Edited by Ankhenaten

How many days you have been alive

Zombie Kills

Murders

Bandit Kills

Survivors Helped (blood trans/morphine/bandage/epi/anti-biotics)

Opinions on this?

Fixed, seems great now.