ruarz

Suggestions for the DayZ standalone - thinking outside of the limitations of an Arma 2 mod.

have you watched the pilot episode of revolution? thats a nice place to look into visual

no I haven't, but feels like it's what I'm gonna do now :) hope the show is good.

FYI theres also a doc called aftermath : population zero : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkMXhKj0D4w

Impressive stuff. (and from a scientific point of view without artistic unbelievable bullshit)

• Like 1

no I haven't, but feels like it's what I'm gonna do now :) hope the show is good.

FYI theres also a doc called aftermath : population zero : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkMXhKj0D4w

Impressive stuff. (and from a scientific point of view without artistic unbelievable bullshit)

I remember that documentary, love it, also very good for the game, but a little art helps us remember places better, also nice aesthetics will always be okay to the eyes

Here's some ideas that I've had over the month or so I've been playing DayZ:

Bodies – when I come across a body I want to be able to study the body and find out exactly how that person died. “There are small gunshot wounds in his torso”, “He appears to have been hit in the head by some sort of large caliber rifle”, “blunt force trauma”, “he appears to have been shredded and partially eaten (in the case of zombies)”, “there are no external causes of death visible”, etc. I’d also like to know how long the body has been dead with something like “the body is still warm/cold/etc.” These things will give the perceptive and patient player an edge helping to know which towns to avoid, if there are snipers in the area, etc. All of these things could possibly be done visually as well – perhaps showing the wounds depending on how the person was killed, perhaps a pool of blood that slowly dries/evaporates as time goes on so you can see if the person just died recently and stuff like that. I also think the same could apply to fires – you could see if they were still warm or doused by checking on them, etc.

Trash – When you use a bandage, blood bag, drop an empty magazine, etc. I’d like to see the remains of these items remain persistently on the ground – at least for a time. They could be picked up and/or moved by players but if not could leave a “trail of events” for the next experienced survivor that comes by. For example you walk in to a town, and upon exploring a barn you see an expended magazine, several dead zombies that died of gunshot wounds, and an empty blood bag outside on the ground – you now know that there was recently a cooperating group in the area with at least one military grade weapon. Had they been more careful in hiding their tracks they may have forever been unnoticed. This would add a huge element of excitement for the surveil and survive style of player - the careless would leave a trail.

Sniping – in my opinion sniping needs to be re-worked simply because it’s so damn effective. First thing to change needs to be grass and underbrush disappearing after 100 meters or so which makes it virtually impossible not to be spotted (this would also help with tents being more easily hidable). After that, extremely long range guns such as the AS 50 should not be able to be fired farther than a few hundred meters unless prone on the ground, and certainly not from standing. I think that the AS 50 in particular should have to be set down on the ground and then utilized as an emplaced weapon to make longer range shots, so that the player can’t just switch to “run and gun” mode the second he sees somebody closely attacking him. He should have to rely on other players helping him for closer range support, or a backup gun. Anybody who’s ever held a .50 caliber rifle knows that the gun would be completely ineffective from a standing position.

Birds – I’d like to see smaller birds take off in startled flight and and/or animals run when loud shots are suddenly fired. If you’re in a city and you hear a sniper shot you can look to the treeline and try to see if there are any startled birds flying in to the sky to get a fix on roughly which direction the guy is in, etc.

Vehicle Repair – In a real life situation you can “reserve” your vehicle for you just by taking out the spark plugs. I’d like to see something similar in Dayz since vehicles remain when you get off the server and are a lot harder to hide. Maybe not spark plugs but I’d like to see players at least able to take off a wheel or two and hide it in a remote tent (the same way you put on a wheel) before they log off so that somebody who finds your vehicle hideout at least has to work a little bit for it.

Rare encounters – possibility of roving military patrols that will go from one area of a map to another with orders to “clear the quarantine area” meaning KOS. It would take a coordinated ambush and a lot of risk to take them down but would be well worth it in gear/ammo if you could do it. They could travel at walking speed through the map on roads maybe with a truck or two driving slowly so that once spotted you could have time to run ahead/set up an ambush with some fellow survivors if you knew which way they were going.

Plants/Gardens – ability to plant plants that would persist on the server and grow and provide food after a few days that you could plant in a forest or field depending on the seed. Would make more fun things to do “at the camp”.

Hunting – add deer/elk/bears. They will get spooked and run if you don’t kill them with one shot or get too close (no more hunting with a Makarov or hatchet). Make hunting things other than livestock (which are near towns and thus a little bit dangerous to hunt) a little more challenging and require use of a larger caliber bullet and risk of noise.

Burying bodies/loot/trash – should take longer and the ground be slightly changed afterwards so a curious player could dig up the grave and see what’s there. If players want to bury bodies (or loot) they should have to drag or bring it to an obscure spot if they want to ensure nobody finds it.

Character classes – mind you, not your typical “engineer, support, recon” or any of that. Choose between a few character types with slight differences and maybe give one additional starting item depending on which you chose – here’s a few ideas:

Soldier: Maybe start with an M9 or camo clothing. Slightly faster runner and more physically in shape so he can have slightly more health and a better chance to survive short falls. (more likely to spawn at airstrip or military blockade?)

Civilian townsman – Start with toolbox or local map. (More likely to spawn in small town?) Good at gardening to get more produce than average (see above plants entry), cars take slightly less damage while he is driving them due to being “used to driving in the area”.

Local Hunter: Could start with a hatchet/hunting knife. Ability to get more meat from animals, better ability to creep silently and an run faster up/down hills due to hiking boots. (More likely to spawn in wilderness or outside of a town?)

Businessman/medical professional – Could start with a few extra medical supplies. Could make a splint using harvested wood (acts as morphene), and revive unconscious players by using CPR (acts as epi pen). (More likely to spawn in big city near hospital or near military hospital area)

Survivalist/Alex Jones fan – Could start with a compass and/or personal map indicating a stash of “preperedness gear” somewhere on the map that would have some supplies and possibly a rile and some ammo if he found it. Slightly better at shooting assault rifles and pistols accurately due to preperedness practice. Maybe able to assemble a tent/firearm with other items due to survivalist knowledge (Likely to spawn in towns, cities, or outskirts of town).-

I agree with almost everything on this list but please don't add any uninfected NPCs into this game (rare encounters) because despite them being dangerous due to their equip they're still NPCs and you will always be able to glitch those NPCs or find a loophole in their AI so it will be too easy to get the nice equip. In short: NPCs are predictable! Only zombies and to a lesser extend animals should be predictable for obvious reasons, any other encounter shouldn't be like that (other players)!

Also, please leave the whole idea with the classes out... Since WoW everyone wants character classes in every single game! It gets really old, why don't you just build your class with the tools you got in the game? Just like in the mod: If you wanna be a soldier, make yourself one. Equip yourself with a LMG, a Beretta M9, the biggest backpack and the camo clothing... DONE!

I agree with almost everything on this list but please don't add any uninfected NPCs into this game (rare encounters) because despite them being dangerous due to their equip they're still NPCs and you will always be able to glitch those NPCs or find a loophole in their AI so it will be too easy to get the nice equip. In short: NPCs are predictable! Only zombies and to a lesser extend animals should be predictable for obvious reasons, any other encounter shouldn't be like that (other players)!

Also, please leave the whole idea with the classes out... Since WoW everyone wants character classes in every single game! It gets really old, why don't you just build your class with the tools you got in the game? Just like in the mod: If you wanna be a soldier, make yourself one. Equip yourself with a LMG, a Beretta M9, the biggest backpack and the camo clothing... DONE!

Agreed... He has many good ideas, but I also don't like the " underbrush disappearing after 100 meters" one. Any "balancing" needs to be realistic, or at least authentic. Add environmental factors, wind, temperature, etc. I love the bird idea to give away position. MAYBE even reflection from scopes, but not in the BF3 spotlight-on-a-hill way. In a realistic, pay attention to the position of the sun type way.

Edited by slonlo

Agreed... He has many good ideas, but I also don't like the " underbrush disappearing after 100 meters" one. Any "balancing" needs to be realistic, or at least authentic. Add environmental factors, wind, temperature, etc. I love the bird idea to give away position. MAYBE even reflection from scopes, but not in the BF3 spotlight-on-a-hill way. In a realistic, pay attention to the position of the sun type way.

I'm not sure if I explained that clearly or not - currently the grass and underbrush dissappears after 100 meters or so so if you are crawling you are actually much more visible to people far away than you think you are (you see grass around you that they don't see). I'd like to see that fixed so that nothing dissappears at further sight distances.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I explained that clearly or not - currently the grass and underbrush dissappears after 100 meters or so so if you are crawling you are actually much more visible to people far away than you think you are (you see grass around you that they don't see). I'd like to see that fixed so that nothing dissappears at further sight distances.

This is actually very true and nice that you mentioned it because I almost forgot about this inconvenience! :]

First off, I wanna say I know this would be a very long poke.

But, I would like to see some rag-doll in DayZ: SA! Rag-doll would make this game a lot more enjoyable.

Second, sandbox, items being destroyed(like in Battlefield 3), bullet penetration, bullet drop, factors that can be found in the frostbite 2 engine being used in Battlefield 3 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter. It would take sometime to add but it would be worth it. :D

I find the fatigue system to be really stupid, for lack of a better term, simply because DayZ is the Running Simulator. The majority of the game, you'll be running around instead of using a vehicle. To run for 50 meters and have to stop and rest for 15 seconds would increase travel times tenfold. And what if you have some really good gear (AS50, LMG, etc)? You're not just going to set up a tent and risk it being stolen. It might work if you revised it a little. Just my opinion.

Here's some ideas that I've had over the month or so I've been playing DayZ:

Bodies – when I come across a body I want to be able to study the body and find out exactly how that person died. “There are small gunshot wounds in his torso”, “He appears to have been hit in the head by some sort of large caliber rifle”, “blunt force trauma”, “he appears to have been shredded and partially eaten (in the case of zombies)”, “there are no external causes of death visible”, etc. I’d also like to know how long the body has been dead with something like “the body is still warm/cold/etc.” These things will give the perceptive and patient player an edge helping to know which towns to avoid, if there are snipers in the area, etc. All of these things could possibly be done visually as well – perhaps showing the wounds depending on how the person was killed, perhaps a pool of blood that slowly dries/evaporates as time goes on so you can see if the person just died recently and stuff like that. I also think the same could apply to fires – you could see if they were still warm or doused by checking on them, etc.

Trash – When you use a bandage, blood bag, drop an empty magazine, etc. I’d like to see the remains of these items remain persistently on the ground – at least for a time. They could be picked up and/or moved by players but if not could leave a “trail of events” for the next experienced survivor that comes by. For example you walk in to a town, and upon exploring a barn you see an expended magazine, several dead zombies that died of gunshot wounds, and an empty blood bag outside on the ground – you now know that there was recently a cooperating group in the area with at least one military grade weapon. Had they been more careful in hiding their tracks they may have forever been unnoticed. This would add a huge element of excitement for the surveil and survive style of player - the careless would leave a trail.

Sniping – in my opinion sniping needs to be re-worked simply because it’s so damn effective. First thing to change needs to be grass and underbrush disappearing after 100 meters or so which makes it virtually impossible not to be spotted (this would also help with tents being more easily hidable). After that, extremely long range guns such as the AS 50 should not be able to be fired farther than a few hundred meters unless prone on the ground, and certainly not from standing. I think that the AS 50 in particular should have to be set down on the ground and then utilized as an emplaced weapon to make longer range shots, so that the player can’t just switch to “run and gun” mode the second he sees somebody closely attacking him. He should have to rely on other players helping him for closer range support, or a backup gun. Anybody who’s ever held a .50 caliber rifle knows that the gun would be completely ineffective from a standing position.

Birds – I’d like to see smaller birds take off in startled flight and and/or animals run when loud shots are suddenly fired. If you’re in a city and you hear a sniper shot you can look to the treeline and try to see if there are any startled birds flying in to the sky to get a fix on roughly which direction the guy is in, etc.

Vehicle Repair – In a real life situation you can “reserve” your vehicle for you just by taking out the spark plugs. I’d like to see something similar in Dayz since vehicles remain when you get off the server and are a lot harder to hide. Maybe not spark plugs but I’d like to see players at least able to take off a wheel or two and hide it in a remote tent (the same way you put on a wheel) before they log off so that somebody who finds your vehicle hideout at least has to work a little bit for it.

Rare encounters – possibility of roving military patrols that will go from one area of a map to another with orders to “clear the quarantine area” meaning KOS. It would take a coordinated ambush and a lot of risk to take them down but would be well worth it in gear/ammo if you could do it. They could travel at walking speed through the map on roads maybe with a truck or two driving slowly so that once spotted you could have time to run ahead/set up an ambush with some fellow survivors if you knew which way they were going.

Plants/Gardens – ability to plant plants that would persist on the server and grow and provide food after a few days that you could plant in a forest or field depending on the seed. Would make more fun things to do “at the camp”.

Hunting – add deer/elk/bears. They will get spooked and run if you don’t kill them with one shot or get too close (no more hunting with a Makarov or hatchet). Make hunting things other than livestock (which are near towns and thus a little bit dangerous to hunt) a little more challenging and require use of a larger caliber bullet and risk of noise.

Burying bodies/loot/trash – should take longer and the ground be slightly changed afterwards so a curious player could dig up the grave and see what’s there. If players want to bury bodies (or loot) they should have to drag or bring it to an obscure spot if they want to ensure nobody finds it.

Character classes – mind you, not your typical “engineer, support, recon” or any of that. Choose between a few character types with slight differences and maybe give one additional starting item depending on which you chose – here’s a few ideas:

Soldier: Maybe start with an M9 or camo clothing. Slightly faster runner and more physically in shape so he can have slightly more health and a better chance to survive short falls. (more likely to spawn at airstrip or military blockade?)

Civilian townsman – Start with toolbox or local map. (More likely to spawn in small town?) Good at gardening to get more produce than average (see above plants entry), cars take slightly less damage while he is driving them due to being “used to driving in the area”.

Local Hunter: Could start with a hatchet/hunting knife. Ability to get more meat from animals, better ability to creep silently and an run faster up/down hills due to hiking boots. (More likely to spawn in wilderness or outside of a town?)

Businessman/medical professional – Could start with a few extra medical supplies. Could make a splint using harvested wood (acts as morphene), and revive unconscious players by using CPR (acts as epi pen). (More likely to spawn in big city near hospital or near military hospital area)

Survivalist/Alex Jones fan – Could start with a compass and/or personal map indicating a stash of “preperedness gear” somewhere on the map that would have some supplies and possibly a rile and some ammo if he found it. Slightly better at shooting assault rifles and pistols accurately due to preperedness practice. Maybe able to assemble a tent/firearm with other items due to survivalist knowledge (Likely to spawn in towns, cities, or outskirts of town).-

Now most of these ideas are great, but as for the class system, many have tried to impress me with a class system, and all have failed, but you have come quite close to what is possible to be as a good addition. I can see a problem where many people would play as a soldier, and the fact that cars take less damage when you are a civilian is just silly. The classes are unbalanced by a mile. I believe, if they do incorporate some sort of class system it may be a good idea to have different starting points for whatever class they pick, and maybe an 'tutorial' (not really) of what happened as the outbreak just happened. e.g. if you picked soldier, you would've been called to the front lines in this 'tutorial' although your tutorial character after some time would be overwhelmed and killed - since you ran out of ammo or something. The character that you actually play as is a soldier that fled from battle after realising it was a hopeless battle. This also means you may begin with no gun, or low ammo. I could say more, but I'll just keep it short. Otherwise ideas are great.

• Like 2

Here's a list of a couple of ideas...

Constructing weapons, weapon mods, bullets, explosives, traps, barriers, clothing, poisons, antidotes.

Firearms (and bullets) should be a lot rarer, so there's more of an intimidation feature- in the dayzmod, if someone has a rifle drawn, you never really question whether or not they have ammo, seeing as it is so easily accessible (in most cases). I think it'd be cool if you had to outsmart players and zombies, rather than either avoid or shoot them. As in, set traps of falling debris, possibly a car alarm (which would attract zombies and other players).

A trading interface is a must-have in my opinion.

Customisable outfits- so your friends can distinguish you from enemies. Possibly apply attributes to some clothes, such as; sunglasses remove sun glare, kevlar vests resisting some weaker bullets.

Generators- they could provide light, heat (portable heaters) and also generate a lot of sound which would attract players and zombies.

Handheld and placeable (and re-usable) candles.

The ability to extinguish and destroy light sources.

Locks for doors (good for bases, hiding out in an abandoned house maybe?)

Lockpicking ability (and the ability to just destroy them)

Subways- imagine the possibilities (building an underground city, for one)

Jails- players could take up the role of being vigilantes, or just lock up players for the lulz

Wooden planks to barricade windows and block doors.

The ability to move bodies (possibly string up corpses as warnings)

Radios, which could be used to communicate over distances, however they run on batteries (which will expire)

Both clothes and weapons degrade- shoes will deteriorate over time, which could possibly decrease speed ever so slightly.

Scratches and sores- these could increase the chance of being infected with some sort of flu or infection.

Blood attracts zombies

The ability to tie people up- this could provide other opportunities such as tying someone up, stealing their stuff and cutting them- zombies would detect the blood and attack the victim where all you have to do is sneak out a window...

The ability to enter windows!

Using melee weapons to create entrances- breaking locked doors, breaking walls and flanking hiding enemies.

More objects to distract others (rc cars, bells, car alarms)

Vehicles overhaul ideas; you should be able to walk around in larger vehicles such as buses (camp for enemies to enter then eliminate them). Handling should be fixed- there seems to be a little delay,

More animations- at the current state- no one can tell whether you are eating, drinking, or picking up a pistol. I mean, even if you just have a reaching animation for loot on the ground, that'd be fine. Possibly even have injection animations, eating animations.

Animated Storage Items- such as (possibly placeable) crates, chests.

The ability to create medication- if done improperly could have some negative effects. Maybe create injectable poisons or gases that create hallucinations(turn a group of players on each other), maybe slow their reflexes, distort their vision...

And the ability to create custom signs, time capsules (like warz) and maybe use spraypaint

We should also be able to customise cars, rather than just repairing them- as in welding metal plates on the windows to provide bullet resistance, offroad tires for better handling offroad etc etc

As vehicles get damaged they should show it on the body, rather than just having an icon on the top left indicating damage

Oh, and of course much more vehicle diversity- we need a badass muscle car :P

It'd be pretty cool if the environments you go through impact your appearance- say you roll around in dirt and mud, it could provide a sort of temporary camo

Loot should also spawn on shelves, tables, and storage items( such as chests, wardrobes)- rather than just on the floor...

Edited by devilzwithin
  • Like 4

Love the post, I haven't read all the replies but here is a few things I would like: Larger scale of cities Cherno should feel huge, more buildings with multiple stories, tight ally ways. I know this is gonna be F'ed up but like the way WarZ makes the city feel huge. Also huge cities should have a huge number of zombies. Think Atlanta in The Walking Dead.

Zombies should have different sound cues for what they are doing Moan, Grunt while walking. a sort of yell when alerted gets louder. Screams when chasing someone.

With your ammo Idea it solves my request of getting rid of SD ammo just have the ammo for the gun and let the silencer degrade over time. also the idea of attachable item is great almost all military weapons use the rail system so why cant I utilize it too?

More animals, I don't know how many times I have been up north notice my hunger getting high and went looking for food only to nearly starve to death because there wasn't any animals within a 10km radius.

Items should look distinct. Compass, Map, Watch, all look just like a Makorov mag, it is maddening.

Another idea I thought about was keeping the separation of the inventory on your person and in your backpack. Give more backpack options though like a tactical pack that is smaller but show up in your main inventory because it id on the front. So like with the Czech vest pouch make it expand the inventory on your person and all ammo kept in it will automatically be used when you need a new mag.

One last thing is a non lethal weapon options, like for a Hero who is meeting a survivor to assist them when he/she comes across an unknown target and wants to take down but not risk their Humanity.

Edited by Urzaden
  • Like 2

Suggestion 1: Military Fortress built to withstand bombing runs and such. You can enter this area with a access card (very rare) found from a high ranking dead military personel. Once inside you can close the gates which will prevent zombies from entering, this area will have weapons and other military gear inside. This area is also a bunker and will have food and water, though there may be other players already inside. Certain military fortresses may be occupied by A.I.s that may refuse or accept your entry request or just shoot you on sight. Also be warned, that this area will be infested with zombies, so even if you do have a access card, getting in will be hard.

Suggestion 2: Dead bodies should have loot respective to who is dead. e.g. Police officer will most likely have a pistol, or rarely a shotgun. Soldiers will have a much more powerful gun, or no guns (since they may already be taken by someone else).

Suggestion 3: To be able to see blood trails, possibly from stepping on blood your shoes will leave a mark on the ground for a short duration. This can become as a warning to another player.

Suggestion 4: Buddy system perhaps? Players on your buddy list will have their name appear green when your cursor is on them,other players will have white names.

Suggestion 5: Scale walls using ropes, grapling hook, or 'wall climbing machetes' (which was suggested by someone else).

Suggestion 6: Possibly a hunting ground. Where there are huts in which you can find weapons such as a knife, bow/crossbow or hunting rifle. A hunting ground will have more animals around and possibly a river in which you can rifill your water. Maybe a rowboat as well? That would be cool and add a bit of diversity to the vehicles.

Suggestion 7: A more complex weather system. The addition of fog (especially when higher up mountains), possibly snow? A more differentiable sun - as in, at times there will be more light than other times. Different levels of rain downpour - heavily, light, thunderstorm. And this may flood up certain areas forcing you to swim across, or use a rowboat. A full moon/ hald moon, you' know, that kinda stuff.

Suggestion 8: Radios, (also can be heard in cars) tell the player of certain events e.g. A military convoy carrying N2 Infected zombies has just been attacked, no further details have been given, but we will keep you up to date. Or other players using a mic in a radio station sending messages to other players. Players can switch frequencies (normal radio, music, or player communications). Radios also create noise, so be careful, and use when your sure there are no zombies nearby.

Suggestion 9: A more apocalyptic scenery. Right now the towns are too small, they should be much larger like a city. And there should be houses that are already barricaded, and the windows are boarded. The glass in some buildings will already have been destroyed. Also the ability to close - open blinds which will hide your presence from other players and zombies (and removes light inside).

Suggestion 10: A larger diversity of animals, deers, bears, wolves....(which cry out during the night and start growling when players are nearby.

Edited by Bombolz
  • Like 1

Suggestion 1: Military Fortress built to withstand bombing runs and such. You can enter this area with a access card (very rare) found from a high ranking dead military personel. Once inside you can close the gates which will prevent zombies from entering, this area will have weapons and other military gear inside. This area is also a bunker and will have food and water, though there may be other players already inside. Certain military fortresses may be occupied by A.I.s that may refuse or accept your entry request or just shoot you on sight. Also be warned, that this area will be infested with zombies, so even if you do have a access card, getting in will be hard.

-snip-

I like all your other ideas, but the idea of having a safe haven with tons of high grade weapons? Not really my idea of a nice thing to have in-game. But thats my opinion.

This is in no way related to game play so I hope I have the right spot, but it would be cool if the standalone had good support for multiple monitor setups (2, 3, 6 whatever), most games deal with this well inherently but some have issues with zooming/using iron sights, menus, driving vehicles and I'm sure there are other things that could not work but those are the ones I have heard of. Awesome list by the way!

-A REVISED CAMOUFLAGE, CONCEALMENT AND DETECTION SYSTEM-

Ideally the system would be so solid that there would be no need for the visual and audio detection icons, a player would be guess whether he is hidden by the amount of noise he is making and the contrast between his shape, colour and texture and his surroundings.

Quality of camouflage would depend on your surroundings. Urban camo or grey clothing would be better for cites but nothing would compare to a ghillie suit in the woodland. If you're wearing a yellow high-vis jacket you're walking meat wherever you are. Nearby foliage could be used to improve your camouflage. Cam cream or mud could be used to dull the colour of skin. Camo wrap or netting could be used to cover your weapon.

1259540665.jpg

A subtle scope glint effect would be awesome, making sniping on a hillside just a little less easy. BF2 has scope glint but IMO it's too shiny!

With Regards to the camo, there's a mod for Arma where you can change the colour of the ghillie suit, IMO this should be in. IRL you dye / add foliage to effect the colour of your actual ghillie suit to best match your environment. The ghillie should be on your hands (gloves) / boots too as well as your rifle. There should be a modular ghillie wrap to go on it. You simply would not use / make a ghillie suit and then leave your hands boots and rifle uncovered, it's moronic.

I love the idea of the scope glint, that's exactly why good snipers aim to have the sun behind them so it isn't in their eyes and it doesn't reflect off of their scope.

If you've got the ghillie wrap on your rifle, you should not get scope reflection either, that's because most snipers will cover their scope lens with a material which allows them to look out but stops light reflection such as dyed muslin, burlap netting or a cardboard cover or tape which reduces the opening size:

ayaumd.jpgqrlkzl.jpg9fs1e1.jpg

There should be a function to drop water on the ground in front of your barrel too, to stop dirt kicking up when you shoot.

Edited by itputsthelotion
  • Like 1

I love the idea of the scope glint, that's exactly why good snipers aim to have the sun behind them so it isn't in their eyes and it doesn't reflect off of their scope.

If this would be implemented, it should be realistic not like cod/bf3 where you have a flashlight instead of scope.

I like all your other ideas, but the idea of having a safe haven with tons of high grade weapons? Not really my idea of a nice thing to have in-game. But thats my opinion.

Its sort of a safe haven, but think of this, 1. It's hard to get in, and also hard to get out. 2. Its rare to find an access card (also it can only be found in dangerous military areas) 3. Other players may already be in that area.

Its sort of a safe haven, but think of this, 1. It's hard to get in, and also hard to get out. 2. Its rare to find an access card (also it can only be found in dangerous military areas) 3. Other players may already be in that area.

Still not a good suggestion, sry!^^ There should be absolutely no non-animal/non-zombie NPC in the world what so ever... The only survivors are the players! NPCs are too predictable, even when having an incredible A.I implemented. Also... Are you a man or a mouse? safe havens, PFFFFFFT! Come again when you're ready to survive a zombie-apocalypse! ;D :P

I'm hoping they incorporate environmental story telling, I want to see dead people where they've shot themselves in barricaded rooms, the edge of the map actually barricaded by military style wall where if you get too close you get shot and military support drops for survivors etc.?

Oh and if hunting brought into the game then cannibalism would also be quite cool, like you eat people who have died from snipers etc then you can eat it or if you eat zombified meat then you'll get diseases.

Edited by Guest

prolly people would just leave the door open to troll everyone who would want to get inside, this area could almost become a stronghold that clans would fight for, but make it possible to spawn more than one card per map, and that card only works in that server that you found it, so it becomes more balanced, also when no cards are in the map they spawn again, they stay there and wont keep respawning unless they are removed from the server or an expiration date passes in each card if in some 3 days he doesnt open the door, and each 3 days he has to open again so the card wont become useless, another thing is that the expiration counter only starts when it is looted by a player.

Confusing a little, english not my language

Okay, so my idea is to add a new item to the game.

the beam radio , so for thoose who don't know what it is i'll explain in the spoiler.

A beam radio is a radio, which can listen to incoming radio signals, as well as sending radio signals. It's called BEAM radio, because the angle it sends is very small, you usually have to point directly to your target location, so all in all it allows you a save radio communication about long ranges.

So the beam radio should be in use for transmitting as well as recieving radio.

The radio item which is already ingame should allow you to recieve only.

I'd make the beam radio a placable on the ground,

which should have a menu with theese four options:

->changing the direction it sends(I'd use a compass for and a map in this menu, so you can be more effective in pointing).

->changing the angle you can transmit signals. I'd say from a minimum of around a parrallel beam, which is about 10 to 20 meters(must be tried out how excact)

up to a 30° angle(have to be tried out as well).

->set to auto broadcast a short message(like a grid ref) evry 5-10 minutes.

->set to auto repeat mode(repeating any incoming radio signal to the pointet direction).

If it's not possible to make it a placement with theese options than it should be carryable, so you can set the direction yourself, as this is the most important point of a beam radio.

So as seen from the menu options, you can only recieve signals(texted as well as voice) only in the angle.

The range should be unlimited and (even if it's not realistic) the signal(quality) should not be affected by the countryside or weather as it would make it an almost useless tool.

I'd say you have to stand either very close to the beam radio or have to be in its menu in order to write/voip in the (new added) radio channel.

I'd also say that any signal which passes the mountain should be repeated from their and so be accesable to listen over the whole map.

The radio channel, should take in all transmissions coming across your position,but allow you to filter that you can only hear/read what a specific station/s(Id of the station not the player) sends,

so now let's come to the possibilties it would offer:

1. You can communicate with other survivors without the danger of getting you position noticed like in the direct chat (using a small angle).

2. You can become a radio moderator with you own show! This would somehow add the feeling of not bein alone out there for other players hearing your broadcast.

3. Your clan would have a ingame tool for high range communications within the clan or with other groups, you want to discuss without the danger of getting hit immediately.

4. You can broadcast a emergency signal, which your local medic could recieve, and then goes helping you.

5. It's save if you want because you can encrypt text messages with real methods(handwork or tool) and trying to decrypt a enemys clan message would add an awesome new atmosphere.

And the best thing, it's a verry realistic scenario as there always were amateur radio fans in real world crysis getting and repeating emergency signals and rebuilding a communication network, so help could be organized, as well as sending "the truth" from the place where things happen and the government supresses free journalism.

If there'll be a real apocalypse theese guys will be the first ones sharing informations and networking, in order to survive and bring humans together again.

As i'm neither an amateur radio guy nor in radio systems at all, i'd please you to optimize this idea with technical know-how.

Of course evrybody should feel free to comment discuss and improve the idea.

• Like 2