Sign in to follow this  
Squid_Attack

Does anyone have an extra copy. (More info inside.)

I hope OP isn't the guy that was banned for trying to scam the community last night.

(Guy linked to his own paypal saying it was some poor kids, same as username = community laughed hard)

Kid, just come out and tell the truth. People would be more likely to help an honest person than someone being a lying wanker.

You're either A) a kid who's mom told you no or B ) a man who's too cheap to pay for the game. Just be honest.

Edited by nuclearaddict

Kid, just come out and tell the truth. People would be more likely to help an honest person than someone being a lying wanker.

You're either A) a kid who's mom told you no or B ) a man who's too cheap to pay for the game. Just be honest.

Whatever man.

I can run the game just fine at work on a 4 year old processor (Q8400) and an HD 4650. To look pretty, it requires a beast comp, but I have a friend who runs it with an i5-2500k with the on-chip GPU and he doesn't even have to touch low settings.

ARMA 2 Minimum System Requirements

• Processor: Dual Core CPU for Intel or AMD
  • Memory/RAM: 1 GB
  • Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM
  • Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
  • Operating System: Windows XP or Windows Vista

Anyway, I agree, everyone needs downtime. If you legitimately can't afford it, I hope someone gifts you a copy. That said, you will feel better about it (I hope) if you go out and do something extra for a bit of spending money to purchase the game on your own.

I can run the game just fine at work on a 4 year old processor (Q8400) and an HD 4650. To look pretty, it requires a beast comp, but I have a friend who runs it with an i5-2500k with the on-chip GPU and he doesn't even have to touch low settings.

• Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM

Anyway, I agree, everyone needs downtime. If you legitimately can't afford it, I hope someone gifts you a copy. That said, you will feel better about it (I hope) if you go out and do something extra for a bit of spending money to purchase the game on your own.

Yes I totally get that. For some reason everyone is raging and getting upset when I was just asking! I can't afford it right now. I have other priorities, which I'm obviously lying about too, according to most people here. Once I get some things sorted out, I will go buy it myself, but for now, I was JUST ASKING. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

On-chip gpu? I highly doubt it.

Also, meeting the minimum requirements will allow you to start the game, but not much more. It would unplayable on a rig like this.

What? There is no way that shitty Intel HD graphics can run this with any setting other than low.

lmao

Yes I totally get that. For some reason everyone is raging and getting upset when I was just asking! I can't afford it right now. I have other priorities, which I'm obviously lying about too, according to most people here. Once I get some things sorted out, I will go buy it myself, but for now, I was JUST ASKING. Thanks for the help.

Well, I don't know about others, but if you see all my posts, I don't think there were any signs of raging. I merely suggested that you have budget problems. I mean the game costs like 25 dollars or so. Even if you only manage to save 5 bucks a week, you'll have it in 5 weeks (only a month's time).

Most people have trouble admitting they have problems managing their money. If you can't even save 5 bucks a week, you have other problems that you need to address.

Do you have any sisters??? You can trade?

How old is your mum?

Many choices ........... B)

I could go into one but not sure of your age so I will leave it at that..... ;) But you get the idea right, you are asking for it. Cannot afford it tuff shit!

Anyway school kids should not really be playing this!!! >:(

:blush: Have i been too harsh!! :blush:

Edited by Itchy

Do you have any sisters??? You can trade?

How old is your mum?

Many choices ........... B)

I could go into one but not sure of your age so I will leave it at that..... ;) But you get the idea right, you are asking for it. Cannot afford it tuff shit!

Anyway school kids should not really be playing this!!! >:(

:blush: Have i been too harsh!! :blush:

Whelp I'm in college. I don't have a sister either.

Not to mention how do we know his other copy hasn't had its cd key banned from DayZ serveres from hacking?

Well, I don't know about others, but if you see all my posts, I don't think there were any signs of raging. I merely suggested that you have budget problems. I mean the game costs like 25 dollars or so. Even if you only manage to save 5 bucks a week, you'll have it in 5 weeks (only a month's time).

Most people have trouble admitting they have problems managing their money. If you can't even save 5 bucks a week, you have other problems that you need to address.

You are probably right. Although I don't spend my money on random shit, my family sucks it all up. I don't know if that counts as budget problems. Maybe confidence problems. I should stand up for myself and keep my money :P.

You are probably right. Although I don't spend my money on random shit, my family sucks it all up. I don't know if that counts as budget problems. Maybe confidence problems. I should stand up for myself and keep my money :P.

I would say it does count as a problem. I have a friend in the same situation as you. His family cannot use money responsibly.

That being said, he still helps his family out, but he doesn't give them any control over it because otherwise they'd just use up everything he has.

Moral of the story here, don't give them direct access to your money. Only help them out if you think it's an absolute necessity. If they only want money to say buy a new TV, etc, just ignore them.

Edited by Whattteva

Begging is bad you know!!! <_<

Its fucking crazy that you are that enthralled so much by a GAME!! that you have to beg!!! :rolleyes:

Just wait! its in alpha anyway, watch youtube etc learn how the game is progressing. Its not going to dissapear soon so just wait

till you get the cash. ;)

Hell it might be 10 times better in 6 months so whats the rush!!! :D

Begging is bad you know!!! <_<

Its fucking crazy that you are that enthralled so much by a GAME!! that you have to beg!!! :rolleyes:

Just wait! its in alpha anyway, watch youtube etc learn how the game is progressing. Its not going to dissapear soon so just wait

till you get the cash. ;)

Hell it might be 10 times better in 6 months so whats the rush!!! :D

I'm not begging man. I asked if anyone has an extra copy.

I'm not begging man. I asked if anyone has an extra copy.

Why on earth would someone have 2 copies of a 2 year old game?? And even if they did why should they give it to you for nothing??

So asking for extra is not begging... <_<

Remind me next time I pop into a the local newsagents, "Hey chap you would'nt mind giving me an extra copy of the newspaper as my wife likes it also"!!!!! >:(

What? There is no way that shitty Intel HD graphics can run this with any setting other than low.

You might be surprised. Technology has come a long way and the specs on Intel HD Graphics 4000 is pretty impressive for what it is. At low/med the game is still mostly relying on the CPU anyway. He gets playable frames, and that's all that matters. BTW, I was wrong on the processor. He has an i7-3770k and is at mostly low settings with some cranked up a bit.

This is his stream - http://www.livestream.com/frags

Edited by Huuwap

You might be surprised. Technology has come a long way and the specs on Intel HD Graphics 4000 is pretty impressive for what it is. At low/med the game is still mostly relying on the CPU anyway. He gets playable frames, and that's all that matters. BTW, I was wrong on the processor. He has an i7-3770k and is at mostly low settings with some cranked up a bit.

This is his stream - http://www.livestream.com/frags

Well shit, that CPU is such a waste with that GPU. After all, your computer is only as fast as your slowest component. The GPU is a huge bottleneck of that system.

I pretty much agree with you, but it's the first new computer the guy has been able to buy in years, what with wife and kids and stuff...he was using hand-me-downs before and he saved $200 by sticking with the Intel graphics. He says all of his games are playable though at 40+, and that's something he hasn't ever really had, lol.

I think he has some hand-me-down PCI-E card in now though...don't know what the specs are, but he says he's playing smoother now. FWIW, it was kind of choppy, but a newer processor (last two years) with a two or three year old mid-range GPU should be able to run this game like a champ at low settings.

BTW, in case you care, at home I run an i5-2500k stock with an HD 6870, also stock. I keep antialiasing and anisotropic filtering off because I honestly can't see a difference, turn post processing off because of the terrible motion blur and keep everything else in the middle, because again, I can't see a difference. Shadows and HDR on highest, everything else on high and I keep pretty consistent high FPS.

Edited by Huuwap

i run this on my laptop on normal. point proven :)