Kythia

Not so shining female pants

I'm sure this is low priority, but I'd like to ask for a slight change in the female skin, namely the pants.

I mean, they look great and all, but they're also shining white! From an immersion point of view it's very unrealistic, because everyone who has ever crawled arround in white pants in bushes and grass knows, that they won't stay white for long.

But my main concern is that I usually show up like a glowing christmas tree, especially at night through NVGs, but also in practically any other situation compared to the male skins.

Now I know I could just play a male character as most people do, but I actually prefer living and this way my squad knows it's me. I also don't like the constant sound male characters do while running, which sounds as if they were playing with their change or keys in their pockets all the time.

So, if it's not too much to ask, is it possible to tone down the female pants textures a little? Maybe a shade of gray or even black or something?

Thank you!

Edited by Kythia
  • Like 9

From a tactical standpoint, female pants are the death of you pretty much anywhere other than in the middle of a town. Gonna hide in a bush? Hell no. Bright White! Under a tree? Visible from across the field. I would give practically ANYTHING to not have those white pants. I've been playing in a male skin mainly because of the white pants, and partly because other clothing won't equip.

So yes.

+1

Please :D

On a kinda related note, have you noticed that the female panting/breathing while running is obnoxiously loud?

There is no point playing female character in the game.

They have only set of clothes, the white pants.

Female models can't use camo clothing, if found.

Female models can't use ghillie suits, if found.

So nomatter what you do, or what you find, you'll always have a huge bullseye painted on your ass.

That said... all models, not just female ones, need to have customizable clothing.

Why?

Because we need to have a fixed, customized look that our friends/clans can recognize instead of random clothing and random colors each time you log back on.

. I also don't like the constant sound male characters do while running, which sounds as if they were playing with their change or keys in their pockets all the time.

Its not loose change its the family jewels

Please address this. I know it may seem like a small issue, but from a survival standpoint player side (white pants, ability to equipt gear) it's an issue. I'm not asking to be an unrealistic anime character, just to play my character.

I hate to be facetious but let's just remove the pants entirely to solve the problem.

Edited by TheBadger
  • Like 10

I hate to be facetious but let's just remove the pants entirely to solve the problem.

Thought this woulda managed to slip its way in sooner

+1 OP

Thought this woulda managed to slip its way in sooner

+1 OP

I know, but at least I said it in a manner that was closer to classy. I did us all a favor, true story.

I know, but at least I said it in a manner that was closer to classy. I did us all a favor, true story.

Yes, because my glowing white thighs would do me any better. :huh:

I would vote for this, if we could get a decent tan for "camouflaging reasons".

This could lead to a lot more requests for 3rd person enabled servers.

Problem Solved.. :D

I would vote for this, if we could get a decent tan for "camouflaging reasons".

This could lead to a lot more requests for 3rd person enabled servers.

Being honest, you'd hope that by changing your profile in the base settings for ArmA to being different tan / asian / other race, the rest of your skin colour would change too!

Nobody said you had to be white. Although I don't know if the models have a black female included as I've never looked.

Edited by TheBadger

its to balance out the advantage of people not shooting you because you are an innocent girl.

If only ...

I usually end up being shot first somehow.

If only ...

I usually end up being shot first somehow.

You need to mic up then and tell them... no... please... no.... dont... and then there like. OMG ITS A GUAWRRL I HAVE NEVER MET ONE IN MY ENTURIE LIFE. and thats... when you... take the time to aim and SHOOT THEM IN THE FACE!

I've been browsing through all the character models in the game, and found a fairly painless solution for the shiny pants problem. There's a model called "EuroWoman2" that uses the exact same model as the female DayZ player character, but has brown camo pants instead of plain white pants, and a beige jacket instead of a blue one. Switch the DayZ female player model to that one!

• Like 1

I guess a general overhaul of skins/textures is somewhere on Rocket's list and I think he mentioned it in one of those interviews or at Rezzed.

I've been browsing through all the character models in the game, and found a fairly painless solution for the shiny pants problem. There's a model called "EuroWoman2" that uses the exact same model as the female DayZ player character, but has brown camo pants instead of plain white pants, and a beige jacket instead of a blue one. Switch the DayZ female player model to that one!

I like that idea!

• Like 1

They'd tan pretty fast if you never wore pants.