rocket

Server Blacklisted: UK11

IP:

Name:

DayZ Zombie RPG - UK11 (v1.5.6) dayzmod.com - Hosted by Tommo

Reason:

Displaying vastly incorrect time. Reports of person claiming to be the server owner who said they had been able to figure out how to lock the time in place.

This destroys the zombie and loot spawning system and was causing a severe drain on the login process.

Duration:

Until further notice.

Goes to show... Dont offer to host if you're only going to fuck around with the system. It is made the way it is for a reason.

I seriously hope this will be a great example for all the other server hosts out there, dont fuck things up because people are wasting time because of you. Its good to see things like this are handled very seriously.

Yeah sorry about this. I do appoligise vastly for this. I did it upon request and for the fact I had seen other servers advertising it. Again I appoligise.

Yeah sorry about this. I do appoligise vastly for this. I did it upon request and for the fact I had seen other servers advertising it. Again I appoligise.

Grr. I thought it'd be you. Message me on Steam when you can

I saw a TX server that had 0 zombies in it, but like 45+ players... that isnt bad?

I saw a TX server that had 0 zombies in it' date=' but like 45+ players... that isnt bad?

[/quote']

It'll require a restart most likely.

I saw a TX server that had 0 zombies in it' date=' but like 45+ players... that isnt bad?

[/quote']

It'll require a restart most likely.

that seems like an advantage tho, not "cheating" worthy?

Granted it was a senior fuck up but iv said I'm sorry and the only knowledge of abiding to the SQL I have and I abided to it. Clearly I was wrong in doing this but I did it due to the community asking for it (the clan) and the fact I don't get back from work until late and I'm not to keen on playing at night. Once more I'm very embarrassed and sorry to both the community and the Dayz team.

Meaby I'll go a little OT, but I must report a game of about 20 minutes that I've done there.

(sorry for my bad english)

I entered in the server yesterday 'noon, it was not so full of players, like 20 or 25.

When just entered I spawn for Day 0 near Kamenka and I direct my player to that: no zombies around and INSIDE the city, and that was my first question (Do the cities lost their zombies after a clean out of a bunch of good players?). Ok, i told myself, let's try to go trought the city to see if there is some loot. Every house of Kamemka was completely EMPTY, and here comes the same question.

Meaby a little bug, i thinked, let's go to the nearest airfield to see if there is something to take (while i was traveling i didn't see zombies, again). I went to the airfield and I got owned, by a player, and that was the first time that i saw the airport completely CLEAR of zombies.

Ok, let's start again: I was lucky, again a spawn on Kamenka: nice, let's see if there is some loot, and again: NO LOOTS, NO ZOMBIES. WTF?

"Let's go back to the airfield, to kick the bandit's ass", i thinked, and I did: i went there and i killed him. After that revenge i went out from the main tower of the airfield, and i went north to search again for some food or water: again NOTHING. I met a good player (somebody called Workhard), and i asked my questions about the clearence of the cities, and he also said me that he didn't find them. So we decided to split up and exit, because we thinked that was a cheaters server, or a server hacked by someone. He also reported me (i noobly didn't see that) that the complexive amount of zombies was only 90 O_O, and it was going down.

I'm sorry if I didn't report that here, but I am just registered, and i didn't know that there was a forum of Day-Z.

However, i would like to say (IMHO) that there aren't APOLOGIZES for someone that does not only uses hacks for his play but CHANGE the entire server system, with the risk of RUIN all the players experience.

And for last, I am completely SURE that they did it with knowledge of the facts, and this make them guilty.

Dino.

from what I have been told US 12 and Virginia 25 both have time locks

i believe the texas one did too... reading the one above it seems the reason why zombies wern't spawning was because of time lock.

You guys should look at anti-sardine alliance Seattle.. The other day me and a few friends were playing on it. I was first and it was dark, my buddy spawns and its daytime for him. I respawn and it's daytime for me. Every time it started to get dark, we could respawn and it would be daytime.

It's lame and ruins the immersion. And also apparently fucks up the loot spawn system and the logon process.

I can suppose that the zombies/OBJECTS spawn is setted with the time, and if you lock the time you make a big mismatch in the data files:

- You haven't Zombies+

- You haven't Objects (Except the ones that the first [surely SA] takes)

- You haven't Night

I hope that this is the right answer. (based on experience :P, as you can see in my first post here)

There was some chatter on the IRC channel about servers using "Perma-day" settings, infact they were discussing the best way to do it.

I told them it was a bannable offence but no one believed me :P

There was some chatter on the IRC channel about servers using "Perma-day" settings' date=' infact they were discussing the best way to do it.

I told them it was a bannable offence but no one believed me :P

[/quote']

Actually, as far as I can tell, only the method that involves editing scripts that ends up breaking the backend is a bannable offense. The method that some owners (including myself) were using, involving changing the system time, is entirely transparent and has no effect on zombie or loot spawns.

My server is currently set to a static timezone, however, until we can get some clarification on what is and is not allowed with regards to this.

Also, some people might have other preferences, but there are lots out there who find night in this mod nigh-unplayable. My server has been pretty much permanently full, right up until it hit night for the first time tonight. Surely that says something?

Master that's what I did and I seem to have fucked something up so I would really advise reverting back to usual hours.