Sign in to follow this  
pmjkerr

The current state of this game.

Okay, please dont flame as Im sure there are a lot of mention of this on the forums already.

DayZ is overrun. Not by zombies, and not by bandits but by hackers - the cancer of the gaming community.

I have been playing this mod since mid-May and have enjoyed it thoroughly the whole time. Recently (in the last week or so) there has been a dramatic increase in the amount of hackers in just about every server I've visited. From spawned in weapons/equipment/helis to wallhacks and aimbots, the shit is just everywhere. The last five nights Ive come across them all, and in 90% of the populated servers Ive played on.

This problem needs to be addressed, first and foremost. Put modding on hold and deal with the filthy scum ruining your masterpiece, Rocket.

Sincerely,

A loyal fan.

• Like 5

Yeah I kinda posted the exact same post haha. It's horrible atm and I'm sick of it. I'm not even playing until they fix this. No way I'm playing hours to find gear only to die by hackers...

There is no such thing as a hacker proof game.

The only thing you can do, is investigate said hackers ASAP, but no devs / server owners seem to care.

As soon as a hacker gets a global ban for his $40 game, he'll think twice before trying it again.

I can guarantee Rocket is aware and is disturbed too. As far as I know they're finishing off some major stability\login issues and then address hacking and further modding. Let's wait guys, we must (cough) survive this shitty period.

Just need to deal with the situation, rocket can only ban the hackers atm, if someone even reports them.

Hmmm, funny. I have never once came across any hacked item or hacker.

Probably just me.

The only thing you can do, is investigate said hackers ASAP, but no devs / server owners seem to care.

As soon as a hacker gets a global ban for his $40 game, he'll think twice before trying it again.

A lot of server owners due care, their hands are just tied.

A lot of server owners due care, their hands are just tied.

There's nothing in the DayZ server rules that won't let server admins ban hackers.

We just don't want cases like people like Jiggaman that banned everyone online to get 1 hacker.

I haven't seen a hacker yet either, but I'm 1,000% sure they are there.

I'm trying to stay away from other players as much as possible anyway, and live like a mountain man. Too much KOS/Banditry/hacking paranoia in the air for this lone wolf.

DayZ is only in alpha, things are going to get fixed and changed in time, we're just gonna have to deal with it

In his current state, any server that has more than 10/15 players online has most probably a cheater online, was sad to see yesterday one of most followeds dayz streamers spawning choppers,cars,guns, etc...

Banning does nothing since the game is down to $12 at online stores.

But there is such a thing as researching known hacks and resolving them. The trick is actually resolving the issues and not just slapping bandaids on them.

I'm against banning hackers, as it is a temporary solution and does nothing to thwart the hacks themselves.

What I support, however, is a game that detects hacks and instead of kicking causes bugs and glitches which lead to crashes. This also makes it tougher to develop hacks, as there is no definitive breakpoint for testing if they are detected or not.

Yeah I didnt know there were that much of hackers I hope they find a way to ban them because this game is way too awesome to have hackers on it!

You're right, but when you've got hackers in near on every server, it's a stark wake up call.

Just need to deal with the situation, rocket can only ban the hackers atm, if someone even reports them.

Thats part of the problem. How do I report the douchebag that shot me and my 7 buddies out of the bus within the space of a minute whilst driving full speed through Cherno. How do I even find out his or her fucking name?

In his current state, any server that has more than 10/15 players online has most probably a cheater online, was sad to see yesterday one of most followeds dayz streamers spawning choppers,cars,guns, etc...

And if this is the direction DayZ continues to head in, I want no part of it. Harsher punishments and more power needs to be given to server admins to begin with.