Steins

Fort Friendly - Social Experiment

[...] not trying to be cocky but you didn't make it hard for me at all. [...]

One of the guys you killed that night was not only a friendly but also a pacifist who wanted to ask you if you needed anything. You remember the guy with the MP5 near the gates? Not easy to make it hard for you with guys like myself around. ;P

Edit:

Talking about locations, I'd also vote for the docks. Another, rather extreme location would be Skalisty Island - two or more boats included, lol.

Edited by MikaelM

Following that topic for a while and like idea very much. Here is my proposal for location.

post-56007-0-86106800-1343130399_thumb.j

Coords 066 130 - the south western part of Chernogorsk. The area roughly between the church, the pub and the grocery.

Yellow line shows area of the fort, while red lines are the places that has to be blocked (not many because there is a lot of brick walls around). Green arrows show entrance/exits from enterable buildings nearby.

That location gives several advantages:

-> Doesnt require lot of sanbags, wire and tank traps to enclose the area. Also lots of industrial spawns not far from there.

-> Pretty much covered from a sniper fire. There are very few rooftops that allows sniping inside the fort and even then its only 10% of the fort interior. The only good sniping point is a roof of the fire station but this can be easily neutralized. There is also lot of walls inside fort.

-> Lots of loot spawns nearby (grocery, church, pub, fire station and one two enterable buildings). High yield spawns and hospital no farther than 300 meters. It means gathering supplies should be easy.

-> Close to the south coast. Hence, easy to reach for respawning peoples (so steady flow of reinforcements). Survivors who get killed can return to the fort fast and resupply.

-> Not hard to get there without being shot (no big open areas without cover) and should be quite safe to exit for gathering the supplies.

-> Small area, easy to control.

As for the disadventages:

-> Quite easy to get very close without being noticed.

Loot spawns around

post-56007-0-25687300-1343131875_thumb.j

That's what I am talking about. This actually more looks like a fort since you can go inside those houses and take cover from enemy fire. Surrounded with buildings, so if you stick to the walls you are pretty safe from Snipers. On one side its just the coast and docks, so basically you can only be sniped from one side, the side where the fire station is. A very nice spot. But as you said, people can get close without being noticed but the spot has still more advantages then the current location of the fort. The worst thing that can happen is 10 guys being outside and someone throws a grenade inside lol.

@

Almighty-mopster , Buddy I am talking about several hundred other spots. Since I take out people over 1500m with my 50.cal. Once you get the heck out of it, aint that hard to do lol. At that range you won't even see me, unless you have a range finder or an 50.cal with adjustable zoom yoursel. But even then, finding someone at this range laying in the forest is nearly impossible. Until you figure your all dead lol. I'm not a bandit, I hunt them so I know what I talk about.

@ MikhaelM: Skalisty is a nice idea but it may not be available on UK7 and having to rely on boats is a vulnerability I'd say. I'm not going to be critical anymore about what happened the other night. Lessons have been learned.

@ Carnage: Fair enough, like I said I don't do sniping so don't have the insight.

I'd like to help if possible, sounds like an awesome idea. I am not a pro at this game but you can definitely trust me.

[...] having to rely on boats is a vulnerability [...]

Agreed but unless the enemy doesn't have a boat himself or can sniper us from the coast (question to `CaRnAgE..) it would be 'safe'. I still vote for docks or the spot in Cherno, though, because it is much easier for getting supplies etc. I appreciate your review on the flaws of our strategy, so don't hold back. The fort'd be a much safer place with you guarding it than it'd be with me around.

`CaRnAgE..:

I don't want to get on your bad side then, haha. If you can really do 1500m+ then kudos to you!

`CaRnAgE..:

I don't want to get on your bad side then, haha. If you can really do 1500m+ then kudos to you!

^^ Thanks. Yeah with a 50.cal it ain't as hard as it may seem. You just have to snipe for a 2-3 months then you get the heck out of it. I guess it helped a lot that I did sniping in ArmA 2 itself before DayZ mod came out :)

As far as I'm concerned for the docks, you won't have any sniper threat from there. The 2 cranes are not well positioned and snipers never reside there. They are mostly on the silos in the industrial district near the medic barracks or in the tree lines on the hill above that location. Only way you can get shot from the docks is if someone intends to snipe at the fort there, but its a pain in the ass to climb up those cranes, and he is easy spotted there, practically in the open.

We already fortified an area inside chernogorsk and that got ruined, so we fortified berenzino, that got ruined, so the next zone is under discussion I guess, im on UK7 at the moment, if anyone needs help, hit me up on here :)

Part of me kind of wants to test CaRnAgE, don't doubt that he can do it. I just want to see it for myself :D

I wanna know who is hiding in a fire station tower, im popping zombies but I think hes hiding from me haha

PLEASE PM me if you need/want help. I don't mind being a mule for the next few weeks till my new comp comes in. You know, holding food and medical supplies and such...

Edited by CanadianKeystone

Shit, server restart in 1 minute XD was looking for a boat damn

One of the guys you killed that night was not only a friendly but also a pacifist who wanted to ask you if you needed anything. You remember the guy with the MP5 near the gates? Not easy to make it hard for you with guys like myself around. ;P

Edit:

Talking about locations, I'd also vote for the docks. Another, rather extreme location would be Skalisty Island - two or more boats included, lol.

I already suggested Skalisty Island, exactly why im rushing around trying to grab a boat but someones stole them from their locations which is a bummer, but again there isnt much area to fortify on Skalisty, me and a friend fortified the radio tower but again there isnt much on the island, it would make a decent safe zone but finding resources would be a nightmare plus we would need sentries on the shorelines just incase assholes come on

Oh and also, the next location MAY be secret even tho Skalisty is secretive there may be better areas

Edited by Sean M

Just to let you guys know, I haven't abandoned you all! I'm on vacation till the 28th and I will be back!

... plus we would need sentries on the shorelines just incase assholes come on

It wont help. They will just get to the island using a different server and login to yours. You will never have enough peoples to even partially control such a big area like a whole Skalisty isle.

It wont help. They will just get to the island using a different server and login to yours. You will never have enough peoples to even partially control such a big area like a whole Skalisty isle.

Exactly, still gonna use that island now and then if I need it for myself ;) haha

I could have a shot at setting a fort up :L but ive looked all around the map, ive walked from kamenka right to the black lake, and I havnt found a decent area, I end up just looking at open hills thinking sand bags.. barbed wire... seems decent but you'll always have a bastard cause a problem so we need a nice walled in area, I suggested a castle but apparently too many Zbags spawn inside it ):

Do zombies spawn if players are already in the location? my understanding was that they only spawn 200 meters in front of them.

Occasionally you will see one try to spawn but he will vanish, I dont think 200 meters is right but who knows XD

Havnt seen steins on so I doubt it :)