Steins

Fort Friendly - Social Experiment

Well I know you guys prob arnt on UK 7 anymore but I'm in town with a rifle and pistol.

I'd be interested in helping :)

started playing on sunday night and have only found 1 friendly and we got shot within like 5 minutes of meeting xD

Im online just not on UK7 cause its pitch black so XD

well im ón a server at night.. i can go on uk7

Wow, can't believe I missed this. I'll defintely have to join the next Fort Friendly.

were going to need a bigger server..

You guys have to make a better defense around the fort. And I don't mean defense against bandits running around with assault rifles and shotguns. If I'd shoot you with my AS50 you wouldn't even hear the shots, but just see people falling dead around you. Snipers can pin you down easy. I checked the fort out for half an hour today. Its not safe at all. You should change your position and try securing another area which is not that easy to snipe at. Because 80% of bandits are snipers. Generally when you see someone with a sniper that ain't from your group, shoot at first sight I suggest.

Stay safe, peace.

• Like 1

I'm pretty much stranded in the city half dead. If someone were with me I have blood packs

which city and which server?

I can come give you a hand :)

Oh whats your ingame name btw?

Well I'd say the store but its pretty hot right now with walking dead fuckers

Haha Ill try make my way to chern when I get loaded onto the server again

I wholeheartedly support this type of action - the good guys should start getting organized as well as the bandits are. We have thousands of ace players who've fought PvP but do not kill for sport or loot but without an unifying ideal. Fort Friendly restores my faith in the players - we're not getting any help in defeating the bandits from the game (and nor should we), so let's get organized and start pledging to protect people even if it means we'll die trying. My outline for a cross-server law enforcement agency is here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F42919-law-to-lawless-lands%2F - I'm not looking to be a leader or get respect, just want to create an entity in the game that players will find as an reliable ally instead of a sure enemy (and yes, I know if this thing takes off, bandits will exploit our open conduct by impersonating as Regulators and leading us into ambushes, but I think that'll just make the game a LOT more interesting).

In any case, I'd like you to spread the word and see if there is interest in this kind of game style - we need dedicated members to become a realistic force and I think hardcore bandits, free traders, wasteland medics and people with great ideas like Fort Friendly should be working for this DayZ "police force".

-Oldtribe

Anyone can make a fort friendly, not sure if we are sticking to certain servers

Ill be up, and on in a few hours ( 5-8 hours ) haha, so anyone needing help or anything, give me a pm on here :)

You guys have to make a better defense around the fort. And I don't mean defense against bandits running around with assault rifles and shotguns. If I'd shoot you with my AS50 you wouldn't even hear the shots, but just see people falling dead around you. Snipers can pin you down easy. I checked the fort out for half an hour today. Its not safe at all. You should change your position and try securing another area which is not that easy to snipe at. Because 80% of bandits are snipers. Generally when you see someone with a sniper that ain't from your group, shoot at first sight I suggest.

Stay safe, peace.

Thats not a good idea ! :emptycan:the thing with the snipers.!

Edited by Migfighter

You bastard you're the one who ruined it ............................ and yes you are a crap shot, We constantly tryed communicating with you but you still killed us, lucky for you the remainign defneders had recently left to get supplies and meet up with others.

There was no attempt to communicate with me as far as I recall. My local VON is enabled and I didn't hear a thing. If you were typing up then remember that that is likely to not work when someone is focused entirely on threats.

Like I said, sorry for raining on your parade. But also, if you are trying to lock down somewhere you need to patrol the perimeter otherwise there's no point. I entered unopposed.

However, going on what Sean said I don't think I was the main trouble you had that night.

To repeat myself one more time, that IS a good position there (questions about the sandbags not withstanding) but if you want to hold it then you have to try to hold it. Also, you could've had me much sooner if you pressed the advantages you were given.

If the others had been there but were also just running around and throwing flares about then it is likely that more of you would have died not less, sorry, not trying to be cocky but you didn't make it hard for me at all. I'm not writing this to piss you off, I like the idea and will help if I can. I'm trying to be constructive.

Following that topic for a while and like idea very much. Here is my proposal for location.

post-56007-0-86106800-1343130399_thumb.j

Coords 066 130 - the south western part of Chernogorsk. The area roughly between the church, the pub and the grocery.

Yellow line shows area of the fort, while red lines are the places that has to be blocked (not many because there is a lot of brick walls around). Green arrows show entrance/exits from enterable buildings nearby.

That location gives several advantages:

-> Doesnt require lot of sanbags, wire and tank traps to enclose the area. Also lots of industrial spawns not far from there.

-> Pretty much covered from a sniper fire. There are very few rooftops that allows sniping inside the fort and even then its only 10% of the fort interior. The only good sniping point is a roof of the fire station but this can be easily neutralized. There is also lot of walls inside fort.

-> Lots of loot spawns nearby (grocery, church, pub, fire station and one two enterable buildings). High yield spawns and hospital no farther than 300 meters. It means gathering supplies should be easy.

-> Close to the south coast. Hence, easy to reach for respawning peoples (so steady flow of reinforcements). Survivors who get killed can return to the fort fast and resupply.

-> Not hard to get there without being shot (no big open areas without cover) and should be quite safe to exit for gathering the supplies.

-> Small area, easy to control.

As for the disadventages:

-> Quite easy to get very close without being noticed.

Loot spawns around

post-56007-0-25687300-1343131875_thumb.j

I checked the fort out for half an hour today. Its not safe at all. You should change your position and try securing another area which is not that easy to snipe at. Because 80% of bandits are snipers. Generally when you see someone with a sniper that ain't from your group, shoot at first sight I suggest.

Stay safe, peace.

I'm not a sniper but the Berezino plot looked reasonably safe from Snipers to me? Are you thinking of the treeline far to the West? Only other particular points I saw were either on one of the apartment blocks (one man could prevent snipers setting up there), or just north-east there was a Storage tower thing (that didn't have overwatch on main area of their site though).

EDIT: Why not use the Docks? The hangers can be protected quite easily surely and there is no way to snipe at them except for the north and South which would have no real cover for a sniper.

Edited by Almighty-mopster

I wanna join this experiment next time I die. Currently on another server doin some lone hunter routine. So plz don't shoot if you see me crawling around. My ingame name is Donmen like here.

Anyways I wish you guys good luck.

Edited by Donmen